= 44th State of the Fleet, November 2017 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = 44th State of the Fleet, November 2017 =

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello 44th,

First weekend of the month, here is your November 44th fleet review, starting of course with a warm welcome to our newest members from October;

@cyberin (Daniel) from Charleston, SC
    @sabotage82 (Ben) from South Dakota
    @qugrey#9143 (Martin) from Germany
    @arcurest#3577 (Martin) from Poland
    @Nubia (Kevin) from the UK
    @Roardik (Matt) from South Carolina
    @insanedude2017 (Robert) from Maryland
    @vodooomike (Mike) on EST

Welcome all, most of you should have been promoted to Fleet Lieutenant rank already and moved over to the 44th Main Fleet.
    Send out some friend invites fleet !

Interestingly, our long-time fellow fleet member Runepenrod succesfully changed his in-game @name to @thecaeliargestalt, meaning there is hope for you yet if you are regretting naming yourself @happyfluffybunnyballoon#69(tm).
    It did require some serious Judo-moves with Cryptic’s Customer service, but they came through eventually.
    Congrats Rune/Caeliar !

Fleet Colony Update

As you all know, we’re putting our main effort in our main 44th Fleet Dranuur colony, with Delta and KDF following at their own pace. Overall we’re doing very well, about on par with comparable fleets, with Main Fleet Colony completing Tier 2 in three days from this blog. Tier 3 should complete in the next 2 months(-ish), but after that progress will slow a bit since Tier 3-4-5 will require a serious amount of resources, primarily dilithium but also doffs again. We unlocked an automated farming of materials, so that’s no longer an issue farming.

Quick overview of our current Dranuur colonies (Main/Delta/KDF);

We have already unlocked some amenities on main fleet including:
    Direct transwarp (menu) – short-cut to ‘our’ Dranuur system (transwarp/beam back to starbase is not yet unlocked)
    Engineer Officer NPC
    Ship Selector Officer NPC
    Science Officer NPC – incl. daily Data Sample Analysis Doff missions for 250 dilithium
    Recruitment Officer NPC – Training Manuals and Lukari/Kentari Bridge Officers
    Repair Officer NPC
    Medical Officer NPC
    Ground Equipment NPC – unique ground equipment
    Space Equipment NPC – unique space equipment

Mail terminal, Bridges, Communications Array and the colony mine building have also been unlocked.

Needless to say, we’re still provisioning this fleet holding so resources are very, very low. I’m not going to lock out the Colony fleet stores however, but for now, please only buy one (1) item per toon if you want something.
    There is certainly some interesting new gear coming from the colony holdings, but so far nothing that surpasses what we already have access to – for example the Spire Tactical Locators are still superior over the new Dranuur Tac consoles.

A great way to earn a gazillion fleet credits is joining the Dranuur colony defense simulation which we mentioned earlier >here<. It’s highly recommended to join the simulation channel as that will guarantee a victory – 3x 2,100 materials at level 30 is becoming the norm. Make sure though to read the DPS league guide, since you do need to prepare for it to become an effective participant.

Our Delta Fleet and KDF Assault colonies are on their way to Tier II but they lag behind as expected, with few of the above unlocks. Btw there are still some map bugs; you will respawn if you walk too far into the lake or try to walk/swim underneath the main building. Nice thing is that you can now use your surfboard when it’s in your inventory instead in a Device slot.

A big thanks to all who have been filling the projects !

Winter is coming

It’s November, and that’s usually the ‘month before’. December will see the return of STO’s annual Winter Event (Dec 1 – Jan 12 ?) and we’ll get to that in a future blog (T6 Tzenkethi Carrier as a grand prize ?).

What I do hope we can expect this November is the return of a 50,000 dilithium Event; either the Crystalline Cataclysm or the Mirror Invasion Event. I expect/hope the latter, but there’s no real confirmation as of yet. There is usually also an R&D Bonus Weekend and another upgrade weekend, but since we recently had the latter they may skip it this month.

The only confirmed calendar event is a Bonus XP Weekend Nov 30 – Dec 4th.

Fleet Events

Captain Huckabee has started a new Roleplay called “44th Fleet Shipyards”, so check it out if you want a different adventure in the the Star Trek/STO universe.

Search for Soolin will continue as usual, and we hope to organize a fleet get together some weekend this month, either on a Friday or Saturday.

I’d like to reserve Saturday evenings/Sundays for training runs; if you need a special accolade or want to try a mission for the first try, let us know and we’ll get together a team of tribble-toting experts to guide you through.

Remember that you can still earn some forum ribbons to add to your forum profile, see >here<.

Shout out to Damix for his unrelenting support, Palcioz for keeping the website up and running and Sargon for keeping us in line 😉

Thank you for your attention captains ! See you, out there.

Marcase

Calendar

Nov 30 – Dec 4th – Bonux XP weekend
    Summer 2018Expansion Four “Victory is Life”

Links

YoutubeTimberWolf
    PodcastPriority One
    Previous State of the FleetOctober 2017

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Nice Marcase!

I’d also like to point out how badly we need those colony world commodities.

From Tier 2 – Tier 3 we need 25k xp gained from 25 projects. Each project needs 3,783 commodities, and we have 2250 automatically generated commodity at this point. This means we need additional 1153 per project until we reach tier 3 upgrade on one wing. This is ok if at least one person will reach colony simulation wave 25-30 per day. But in addition to that, tier 3 (infrastructure, renewable energy, morale) projects require 65,000 commodities each which is 30 participations in a wave ~30 simulation, and additional 55,080 for main building tier 3 upgrade project, which is ~26 simulations (at w-30).

Tier 4 wing upgrades will require 229,500 commodities (x3), which is ~109 simulation participations (at w-30)., and additional 161,500 of each commodity for main building tier 4 upgrade, which is ~76 sim participations (at w-30).

Tier 5 wing upgrades will require 459,000 commodities (x3), which is ~218 simulation participations (at w-30)., and additional 306,000 commodity for main building tier 4 upgrade, which is ~145 sim participations (at w-30).

This in addition to daily simulations we need to reach each Tier upgrade (in theory if we want to min-max).

My point here is that it would be great if more people are introduced with simulation since a lot of commodities will be needed to advance the fleet. I try to do it on daily basis and I know only few people in the fleet have joined. But since there is main fed and kdf fleet to cover, more participants would help things go faster and reduce burden. Again, this post is just to increase awareness, not to force participation so do this if you can. Also, let us know if you need help with obtaining correct kit modules needed to run this sim, we can work something out if it can be purchased from the exchange.

If there is a project opened and you can’t donate any commodities because it is already filled – you can donate it to the Coffer (last tab on the colony world window) for same amount of fleet credits. This is a storage from where we will donate them later when project is opened.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Simulation site/discord up now too, haven’t checked it out yet – http://sto-simulations.shivtr.com/

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I am trying to donate 250 of each provision to the coffer from the mini games each day if possible, its not much but every little helps, how about the space pve, how much does that give to each player?, its 5 x whatever it is if each player then donates if we do fleet run.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Chanfron, it’s appreciated, but doing the Simulation just once gives 10x more – so that’s over a week equivalent of doing the daily squiggly lines thing (which of course you’re free to do as you see fit).

And folks don’t be intimidated by the ground Simulation run – it’s quite doable and really not hard. And since everyone will doing them we’ll steamroll it in no time. 😉

TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

As Marcase mentioned in the main post, getting up to wave 30 is starting to become the norm. Out of the 5 that I’ve done so far, 2 have hit wave 30. You definitely don’t have to be a pro meta player to get to the higher tiers. Joining the Simulation chat is a huge help and the team leaders are usually very helpful in assisting first-time players. And besides the great rewards, it’s just plain fun. So don’t be shy, give it a go.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the post!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

You’re welcome. 😉

As an aside, you may have noticed I’m not online as much as usual, this is because I have some family stuff to deal with. Nothing major, just having to travel more so I’m only in-game for an hour a day doing a quick daily. Thankfully the 44th isn’t all about me so for promotions/moves, Admin stuff, both game and forum, you guys can always contact Damix, Sargon or Palcioz. But I can always be reached through this forum (thank you mobile) should another tribble crisis occur.

Cheerios

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Tier 3 project slotted, I suggest we do a fleet Simulation run (or two) this weekend.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Fleet simulations would be nice.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

I have to say that the 40 min duration is a bit on the long side for me as I have to feed my alts, but I’m game when I’m on. 🙂

Chase Quinnell
    Fleet Member

Would love to get involved in one of these colony runs once I’m in the main fleet!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Well you can right now ! We are three fleets as one, so you can always join – the only exception is if you are KDF aligned, but we can work around that too.

BTW don’t think just because you are (temporarily) stationed in Delta fleet that you can’t join runs or missions, on the contrary – Delta fleet was created just because we needed the extra space. The 44th is three fleets operating as one and there really is no distinction. Even if our KDF fleet starbase smells like Targs 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.