Welcome, New Applicants and Members. As a member of the 44th you represent the “Star Trek” values in general and the 44th in particular, so please use common sense. Basically, do not do anything that will reflect negatively on yourself or this fleet. As fleet members, it is your duty to ensure the 44th Fleet’s integrity (or honour and glory as the Klingons say) in the greater STO community. If you wish to Join the Mighty 44th, please read and follow these simple rules.
44th Fleet Rules
- No harrasments or “trolling” of any kind on the forums or other game channels. Represent the 44th!
- The minimum age requirement for joining is 18+. Be aware there may be mature content in chat or on our Discord at certain times.
- No politics or religious topics. These topics always tend to cause issues and drama, things the 44th does not want.
- No multi-fleeting. If you would like to join us, join us. Multi-fleeting feels like taking advantage of our generosity without investing the time, and is simply not permitted.
- No derogatory or racial remarks, period. We have players of all makes and models, please respect that and mind your language.
- No begging / soliciting is allowed under any circumstance or in any channel. This includes all STO game channels, our Discord and this forum.
- When in a full fleet team, it is considered a courtesy to Greed over Need. This way those that really need a certain lootdrop can Need and get it. When there’s one or more non-fleeties in the team, this does not apply.
- No ‘blind’ fleet invites. All potential fleet members need to have filled out a proper application on this forum. New names on our in-game roster without one will be removed without warning. So if you are contacted in-game by someone interested to join, direct them to this website first before sending any fleet invite.
- And finally, all potential and current 44th Fleet members are to know these Fleet Rules.
44th Fleet Membership (benefits)
- A relaxed environment that allows you to actually enjoy playing the game, where the fleet is there to support you, which includes access to our vast amount of game knowledge gained since launch.
- When you sign up on this forum, you are a virtual lifelong 44th Fleet member; you can take a break from playing Star Trek Online and still visit and post on this forum and our Discord, and return to the in-game fleet at any moment.
- If you are inactive in-game for +1 year without notice, your character(s) will be removed from the active roster. However, if you return you will be automatically reinvited and your rank and priviliges will be reinstated. We use your original forum application as your character file so please fill it out correctly.
- If you have alt characters, we are happy to add them to one of our six Federation and/or two KDF fleets; there is no restriction on the number of alts you can have in our fleet(s) (within reason).
- When you are a full member (occurs after two weeks in the fleet followed by a promotion to Fleet Lieutenant), you will have unrestricted access to all our Federation and Klingon fleet stores, including access to fleet ships, fleet weapons and many other unique fleet items which are always of a higher quality.
- In addition, through our completed fleet holdings, you will have access to an extra 500 refinery daily bonus, and earn an easy extra 1,200 ore per day. Besides that there are several fleet unique unlocks, discounts and other boosts available.
- Armada membership – you will have access to both our Federation and KDF Armada which allows you to earn fleet credits by supporting alliance fleets, plus benefits from the extra Armada bonuses.
- Assistance from master crafters in the fleet that can craft numerous items for you at little to no cost (just provide the materials). Getting all R&D schools to level 15 takes a long time and this fleet service is a true benefit if you are after top tier gear early and often.
- Cross-faction fleet channel; Federation and Klingon players talk in the same channel – we are many fleets and factions acting as One.
- The 44th Fleet’s unofficial motto is Assist, advise and guide new or inexperienced players. We were all beginners once, so if someone makes a mistake, we will let it go. Better to learn often than to fail always.
44th Discord server
The 44th also has a very active Discord server (browser link here) which is an extra service to all our members and invited guests. We use it to talk/text about Star Trek Online and many other topics.
Discord sign up is not a requirement but highly encouraged for team-play, fleet events and generally easier to help you to guide you through missions and episodes or to help improve your ship and ground builds.
You don’t have to talk either, just listening helps a lot. Please keep in mind our 44th Discord is actively moderated and does have rules which you need to accept before entering, and include no pornographic images, trolling behaviour, shaming, inappropriate conversations, or general meanness. Basically our very first fleet rule!
44th Fleet Promotions / Ranks
Unlike other fleets/guilds, a promotion in the 44th is not difficult to earn, and is solely based on active time within the fleet. Minimum requirements are that after signing on, you either log into the game, or post on the 44th forum during your initial review period of two weeks. There are no donation requirements, no ‘must attend’ meetings, or any kind of ‘minimum skill level’ required to become a full member.
Take note however, that we spread your extra Federation characters around in our fleets due to member-roster limitations. Basically you can have 2 characters in the 44th Fleet (“Main”), 3 in the 44th Delta and Gamma Fleet, with Epsilon Fleet acting as the starter fleet and large ‘reserve’. Klingons start in the 44th Honour Guard and can transfer to 44th Assault Fleet which also has a max 3-character limit. During your time with the 44th your character(s) may move from one fleet to the next, but this is purely for roster-space limitations.
- New player entry rank in the 44th Zeta Fleet. for Federation players, and the 44th Honour Guard for Klingons. Fleet Bank access is restricted to deposits only. However if you’d like something from the bank, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Access to (elite) Fleet space and ground gear, including fleet ships, is locked.
- Player rank of those formally accepted in the Mighty 44th who have successfully passed their 2 week review.
- Lieutenants are allowed to withdraw items from the fleet bank(s), and all Fleet gear stores are unlocked.
- Please only withdraw from the bank if you are actually going to use it. Taking something so that you can sell it on the exchange is not ok.
- This is the top rank for most casual players and is awarded after spending 2 weeks as an Ensign and 4 weeks as a Lieutenant for a total of 6 weeks.
- Commanders have the option of being transferred from our 44th Epsilon fleet to any other 44th Fleet on the Federation side.
- Players of this rank are allowed to withdraw multiple items from the bank per day. Fleet gear withdrawal is also unrestricted.
- This is the highest non-command rank. No bank access restrictions, no fleet gear restrictions.
- This rank is awarded by Fleet Command to members who are active and online on a weekly basis (at least once a week) and have a good understanding of the game and its mechanics. Captains afk for +1 year will receive Commander rank upon their return, pending reinstatement to Captain by order of the Command Staff.
- These are Commanding Officers in the fleet and part of the Command Staff. Awarded to hand-picked members within the fleet who are considered having leadership qualities and/or made unique contributions to the Fleet in general.
- Command Staff Officers and essentially fleet leaders overseeing day to day operations. These are hand-picked long-time members who have proven to have leadership qualities and are considered the core of the Mighty 44th. They have expanded admin powers in-game and on the 44th forum.
- The Fleet Leaders, oversees the entire Mighty 44th’s six fleets. Have a deciding vote and all admin powers in-game and on our forum.
These are the voyages of the Mighty 44th. We hope you join us to seek out new life and new civilizations in Star Trek Online.