Welcome, New Applicants and Members.
As a member of the 44th you represent the “Star Trek” values in general and the 44th in particular, so please use common sense. Basically, do not do anything that will reflect negatively on yourself or this fleet. As fleet members, it is your duty to ensure the 44th Fleet’s integrity in the STO community. If you wish to Join the Mighty 44th, please read and follow these simple rules.
44th Fleet Rules
- All 44th Fleet members are to know these Fleet Rules, this is why they are posted here.
- No harrasments or “trolling” of any type on the forums or other (public) game channels. Represent!
- No politics or religious topics. These topics always tend to cause issues and drama, things the 44th does not want.
- No derogatory remarks, or racial remarks, period. We have players of all makes and models, please respect that.
- Please mind your language. We all curse occasionally, but going off like a bloody pirate is less than desirable. If asked to stop, please do so.
- The age requirement is 18+. There may be mature content in chat or on our Discord at certain times. If you think you cannot handle adult conversations, please do not apply.
- Assist, advise and guide new or inexperienced players. We were all beginners once, so if someone makes a mistake, let it go. There’s always a next time.
- No ‘blind’ fleet invites. All potential fleet members need to have filled out a proper application on this forum. Without one, new names on our in-game roster will be removed without warning. So if contacted in-game, direct them to this website before sending an invite to any of our fleets.
44th Fleet Membership
- When you sign up on this forum, you are a virtual lifelong member; you can take a break from playing Star Trek Online and still visit and post on this forum, and return to the in-game fleet at any moment.
- If you are inactive in-game for +1 year without notice, your Alt(s) will be removed from the active roster. However if you return, you will automatically be reinvited and your rank and priviliges will be reinstated – we use your original forum application as your character file so please fill it out correctly.
- If you have alt characters, we are happy to add them to either our three Federation or our KDF fleet – there is no restriction on the number of alts you can have in the fleet (within reason).
- We value your membership and loyalty to the fleet as a STO player. As such, we generally do not allow multi-fleeting.
- When you are a full member, you will have unrestricted access to all fleet stores, access to an extra 500 refined bonus daily, and earn an extra 1,200 ore per day.
Promotions / Ranks
Promotions are not difficult to earn, and are based on time within the fleet. Minimum requirements are that after signing on, you either log into the game, or post on the 44th forum during your initial review period of two weeks. There are no donation requirements, no ‘must attend’ meetings, or any kind of ‘minimum level’ required to be a full member.
- New player entry rank in the 44th Delta Fleet. Fleet Bank access is restricted to deposits only. However if you need something from the bank, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Acces to (elite) Fleet space and ground gear, including fleet ships, is locked.
- Player rank of those formally accepted in the Mighty 44th who have succesfully passed their 2 week review.
- Lieutenants are allowed to withdraw items from the fleet bank(s), and all Fleet gear stores are unlocked.
- Please only withdraw from the bank if you are actually going to use it. Taking something so that you can sell it on the exchange is not ok.
(We removed the Lieutenant-Commander rank so you will progress from Lieutenant directly to Commander)
- This is the top rank for most casual players.
- Commanders have the option of being transferred from our 44th Delta fleet to our main 44th Fleet
- Players of this rank are allowed to withdraw multiple items from the bank per day. Fleet gear withdrawal is also unrestricted.
- This is the highest non-command rank. No bank access restrictions, no fleet gear restrictions.
- This rank is awarded by Fleet Command to members who are active and online on a weekly basis (at least once a week) and have a good understanding of the game and its mechanics. Captains afk for +1 year will receive Commander rank upon their return, pending reinstatement to Captain by order of the Command Staff.
- These are Commanding Officers in the fleet and part of the Command Staff. Awarded to hand-picked members within the fleet who are considered having leadership qualities and/or made unique contributions to the forum/website or the Fleet/guild in general.
- Command Staff Officers and essentially fleet leaders overseeing day to day operations. These are hand-picked long-time members who have proven to have leadership qualities and are considered the core of the Mighty 44th. They have expanded admin powers in-game and on the 44th forum.
- The Fleet Leader(s), oversees the entire Mighty 44th’s four fleets. Have a deciding vote and all admin powers in-game and on our forum.
- Currently there are two active Fleet Admirals, overseeing both the European and US timezones.
Unique Fleet gear can be purchased at Fleet Lieutenant rank and higher at our Fleet Starbase, Fleet Mine, Research Lab, Spire, K13, Dranuur Colony and Romulan Embassy at all of our four fleets.
- Before being able to purchase any fleet ships or gear, you are required to be a member for at least 2 weeks. Unrestricted access to fleet vendors will be granted when this requirement is met.
- Note that sometimes when provisions are low, Fleet Command may limit the number of fleet items to be withdrawn, please follow this directive as it will benefit us all in the end.
Thank you for visiting the Mighty 44th. Enjoy your stay.