= Name our newest 44th fleet ! =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = Name our newest 44th fleet ! =

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings and salutations 44th!

It’s finally here, the official re-naming poll for our current 44th Discord Fleet.There are 25 names chosen from those submitted, with similar names and ungainly ones omitted,  all posted here in random order.

Everyone gets ONE vote, so choose wisely 🙂

The submissions are in no particular order: once you have voted, you will see the current favorite(s).

For casting a vote you will receive the Forum Pollstar ribbon  (unless you already have it).

In addition, the winner of the new fleet name will also receive a unique ‘fleet naming ribbon’, tbd.

PS: each and every 44th member can vote, regardless if you only play Klingon etc. All are equal here.

(Well except for ‘that guy’ who caused the funny business with the replicators on Deck 47…)

This Poll runs untill September 30th.

Official (re-)naming poll for our 44th Discord Fleet

• 44th Temporal Vanguard (30%, 27 Votes)
    • 44th Zeta Fleet (23%, 21 Votes)
    • 44th Temporal Defense Fleet (10%, 9 Votes)
    • 44th Reserve Fleet (6%, 5 Votes)
    • 44th Section 32 (6%, 5 Votes)
    • 44th Temporal Rangers (4%, 4 Votes)
    • 44th Nu Fleet (3%, 3 Votes)
    • 44th Temporal Fleet (3%, 3 Votes)
    • 44th Timeline Guardians (3%, 3 Votes)
    • 44th Temporal Continuum (2%, 2 Votes)
    • 44th Fenris Rangers (2%, 2 Votes)
    • 44th Discord Fleet (1%, 1 Votes)
    • 44th Temporal Incursion Mitigation Expedition (1%, 1 Votes)
    • 44th Time Brigade (1%, 1 Votes)
    • 44th Strike Squadron Omicron (1%, 1 Votes)
    • 44th Rangers Fleet (1%, 1 Votes)
    • 44th Exploration Fleet (1%, 1 Votes)
    • 44th Academy (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Reflections (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Homebound (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Time Patrol (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Endeavour Fleet (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Temporal Cavalcade (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Peacekeeping Fleet (0%, 0 Votes)
    • 44th Federation Temporal Patrol (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 90

Loading ... Loading ...
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Marcase. Reason: Edit: Moved closing date from 26 to 30th

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Tek
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Nice!

Tek
    Vice-Admiral
    44th Fleet

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Ungainly? 44th Ugly Giant Bags of Mostly Water Fleet is ungainly? I knew I should have gone with 44th Temporal Ugly Giant Bags of Mostly Water Fleet. lol

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Bumping back to the top. 5 days left to vote!

aka @phoenix#6622

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Why one vote? I think there was some serious overkill on the number of suggestions an individual could solicit.  When your leader (at the time of my post) has 16 votes in a fleet with this many members I think we are doing something wrong.  Temporal Spamguard should have been implemented prior to voting.  We had a naming convention and have stuck with it through multiple fleets.  Not for it at all.  At least, “Tactical Special Combat Ops Ninja Protocol Brigade HQ” isn’t polling.

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

It really should be Zeta and stick to the naming convention imho.

Truug
    Fleet Member

I would like to submit a new name to this list: 44th Tactikilt Squadron

TRUUG IS BIGGEST AND STRONGEST JEM'HADAR. TRUUG SERVE FOUNDERS BEST! NO ONE BEAT TRUUG!

aka @chaostemplarbeta

KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

In keeping with our tradition, I voted for Zeta Fleet.

All our “expansion fleets” have followed the letters of the Greek alphabet, as far back as when even the very idea of ever needing a “Gamma Fleet” third expansion fleet seemed both absurd and arrogant to many of us.

It’s not lost on me that the 44th has never been about hard-core recruitment or Fleet expansion, and yet we have expanded beyond the point anyone here expected.

I guess the idea of an easy-going Fleet where the point is having fun, and playing in a way you personally find enjoyable, with no demands on members beyond: “Be friendly if you can: but at the very least, don’t be a dick”, plus the whole “no discussions of religion or politics in non-private chat” has resonated with a lot more people than we ever expected it would.

Anyway, I feel it’s helpful to stay with the Greek alphabet letters we’ve been using thus far. It’s a vaguely Star Trek-ish thing to do, plus it’s a recognizable pattern for those in the game. As a bonus, Zeta is only the sixth letter of the classic Greek alphabet, so we have a lot more letters left to us if we keep making new STO friends in the future. 🙂

Lastly, thanks to Marcase and the volunteer Admiralty staff of the 44th for keeping the Fleet operational in the day-to-day. I know you folks do a lot of work behind the scenes to keep the 44th running. Please know that it is appreciated!

Cheers,

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

In keeping with our tradition, I voted for Zeta Fleet.

All our “expansion fleets” have followed the letters of the Greek alphabet, as far back as when even the very idea of ever needing a “Gamma Fleet” third expansion fleet seemed both absurd and arrogant to many of us.

It’s not lost on me that the 44th has never been about hard-core recruitment or Fleet expansion, and yet we have expanded beyond the point anyone here expected.

I guess the idea of an easy-going Fleet where the point is having fun, and playing in a way you personally find enjoyable, with no demands on members beyond: “Be friendly if you can: but at the very least, don’t be a dick”, plus the whole “no discussions of religion or politics in non-private chat” has resonated with a lot more people than we ever expected it would.

Anyway, I feel it’s helpful to stay with the Greek alphabet letters we’ve been using thus far. It’s a vaguely Star Trek-ish thing to do, plus it’s a recognizable pattern for those in the game. As a bonus, Zeta is only the sixth letter of the classic Greek alphabet, so we have a lot more letters left to us if we keep making new STO friends in the future.
    Lastly, thanks to Marcase and the volunteer Admiralty staff of the 44th for keeping the Fleet operational in the day-to-day. I know you folks do a lot of work behind the scenes to keep the 44th running. Please know that it is appreciated!

Cheers,

Shaw

100% agree with this, I voted Zeta too, also as Horid pointed out there are not many people voting, we have, what 500+ members but only over a tenth have voted, either the others don’t know or don’t care about the poll.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Chanfron.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Good points all.

We make it a point that we try to be as democratic as possible on most issues, and even the current Delta/Gamma/Epsilon fleets were named after popular vote, so we’ll see which way this vote will swing eventually.

On that, I’m going to move the closing date to next week and advertising this voting some more, just to give some more fleeties the opportunity to have a say.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

brimur
    Fleet Member

If Section 32 wins all members should have to wear black 🙂

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

44th Temporal Vanguard

Well I voted for the Temporal Vanguard, for the following reasons – If I understood it right (from Discord Chat), Delta and Gamma got their names from the from the Games “Named” Recruitment, only the 44th Epsilon Fleet “continued” the Greek Naming.

So it seems to me if we are really “keeping with our tradition” we should be picking something to do with the Temporal Agent Recruitment.

So that is why I picked 44th Temporal Vanguard, IMO it is “keeping with our tradition” more that sticking with Greek Naming.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

A BUMP to keep near the Top. 07

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Nyght
    Fleet Member

What, SS Minnow isn’t up for vote?

aka @jessup#2477

Arkhangel
    Blocked

Nu or Zeta here.

Though the 44th Fenris Ranger is also one I like.

aka @Arkhangel#39494

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘= Name our newest 44th fleet ! =’ is closed to new replies.