July 7, 2019 at 11:47 am #423937ThalyosFleet Member
- Real name: Dominique
- Age: 46
- Location: France
- Characters: Shany@Thalyos Fed Briareos@Thalyos Fed
- Previous fleets:
- Why join the Mighty 44th? My friend Gibbs@ashrak1 convinced my to unearth the tomb of my very old STO account and give it a second chance. So Here I am, trying to work out the game mechanics. It’s a lot more complex than when I left… Like, a LOT! But it’s also fun to figure things out. Still feel like a 100000% newbie though…. In a nutshell, Gibbs is in your fleet, and that’s why I’d like very much to join you guys also ^.^
- Tell us about yourself: I’m 46, single, taking care of my 96 year old grandmother. I like games on PC, audio-books and enjoy doing plenty of flight simulation on X-plane 11.
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @ThalyosJuly 7, 2019 at 12:00 pm #423938ShohomFleet Member
Hope your application gets accepted soon 🙂July 7, 2019 at 1:11 pm #423939BreakingForceVice-Admiral
Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma Fleet and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent quarterly State of the Fleet to catch up.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
Welcome aboard !July 7, 2019 at 1:29 pm #423940BreakingForceVice-Admiral
Hiya! beyond the standard form response, i wanted to mention that we do have a fair number of european players, so you should have people to fly with if you so choose.
also, in response to your confusion on STO’s mechanics, i wanted to mention that our own @Paradoxical has written some great mechanics guides right here on our forums, and we also have a regularly maintained FAQ to help out 🙂 links follow:
Para’s mechanics guide intro
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 1
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 2
Para’s Mechanics guide lesson 3
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 4
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 5
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 6
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 7
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 8
Para’s mechanics guide lesson 9July 7, 2019 at 1:40 pm #423941MarcaseAdmin
We also have an active Discord and of course this forum, so any questions, just ask. There is a lot of knowledge in the fleet which we are happy to share.
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."July 8, 2019 at 7:52 am #423946SgtKen60Fleet Member
Welcome aboard, to the best Fleet in STO.
aka @sgtken60July 8, 2019 at 7:50 pm #423949PhoenixVice-Admiral
aka @phoenix#6622July 9, 2019 at 1:02 pm #423970ThalyosFleet Member
Thank you for the warm welcome and that mechanics guide is going to be my bible, I really REALLY needed that 😀
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.