Welcome to the new website!

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Federation News Network Welcome to the new website!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    palcioz
    Chief Engineer

I am pleased to announce that the new 44th fleet website is open for business.  Hopefully, everything has been transferred over successfully — you should be able to log in using the same credentials, access your past forum topics and replies, and have all of the same member and officer privileges that you had before.  (You may get a password change notification the first time you log in.)  Unfortunately, I was not able to import avatars or signatures — you can recreate these on your user profile page, reachable by clicking on your name on the top navigation bar once you’ve logged in.

A few things to check out:

• New artwork by our fleet members, both on the main site banner as well as throughout the site.
    • Updated fleet history, armada information, and other content.
    • Latest forum activity and STO news on every page.
    • Mobile friendly site – check in on your fleet on the go!

In the event that anything isn’t working for you or if you have feedback/suggestions on the site, please post in Main Engineering or email me at admin (at) 44thfleet.com.

Edit: If you need to see the old site, it will be available in read-only mode for a short period of time at http://www.startrek.44thfleet.com/. Some of the links may not have been updated — if you get redirected from there to here, just stick the “www” back in front of the URL and you should end up in the right place.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by palcioz.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by admin.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome aboard !

Attention all hands; on behalf of the entire Mighty 44th I’d like to extend our thanks to Palcioz for his work and efforts in front of and behind the scenes creating this site. It was a tremendous enterprise done with the typical flair and high standard of the 44th.

Thank you sir !

Also a big thanks to Sovereign001, tbjarnason, iustin and JamesMaxwell for building the headers on our pages; refresh the page and you’ll see a new one.

To celebrate the launch of the new site and forum there will be a small in-game reward for anyone who reports for duty by posting a comment here.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Marcase.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

idontknow127
    Fleet Member

New site looks great, haven’t played in a few months, and I get to come back to a brand new shiny site.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

The site looks pretty sweet palcioz;  Great work!  I haven’t looked at everything yet but the improvement I noticed most was how easy it was to add my avatar.  So much better than before.  The old site gave me nothing but grief when I tried to add my cat pics.

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

Thank you very much for all the hard work you did.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

great work!  thanks to everyone

iustin
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Nice, good work what we need now is…. time to play :))).

Uhhh… an increase of the maximum file size allowed to 4Mb ^_^.

aka @rickerfreelance

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Fantastic work everyone =)

brimur
    Fleet Member

Great work guys, the site looks fantastic!

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

New website is live! Huge improvement, thanks for your effort Palcioz. 🙂

Banners are looking good up there, nice work. See you in-game.

Very nice indeed! Great job guys!

badratio
    Fleet Member

So nice, good job everyone!

brimur
    Fleet Member

FYI I got an email yesterday saying my password on the site had been changed. I didnt reset it but I was also able to login today so not sure what that was about.

Hi brimur,

This notice confirms that your password was changed on 44th Fleet.

If you did not change your password, please contact the Site Administrator at

admin@44thfleet.com

This email has been sent to brimur

Regards,

All at 44th Fleet

http://startrek.44thfleet.com

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by brimur.
    Capt Daniel
    Fleet Member

Great work on the site! I just came back to STO after a long break. This time I convinced my wife to join me and she loves it so we have now subscribed to the game. We can’t wait to start getting into fleets with yall!

aka @Headdrop

palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Brimur —

The technical side of it is that the old site was using a fairly weak password storage scheme.  When you log in for the first time on this site, we check your password against your old one and (if it matches) re-save your password using a stronger scheme.  This looks to the system like you reset your password, so it sends out that email.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.