THE “RETURN” OF THE NIMBUS NAKED MARATHON

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck THE “RETURN” OF THE NIMBUS NAKED MARATHON

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Veratisu
    Commodore

Return Of The Nimbus Marathon

Nimbus. The often avoided story arc of STO. In dark corners of the forum they talk of an event so grueling that starships were awarded for its completion. A race across the hot sand in complete nudity.

Archives of course clarify nudity as no armor, weapons, shields or speed buffs. In the wise words of the former fleet admiral “You’re being mobbed? Use your fists!

On the 27th of June at 9pm UTC get ready to throw down on Nimbus in the grand return of the Nimbus Naked Marathon. The marathon is open to everyone though being level 20 is recommended.

The route is simple and as follows:
    > Start – Paradise city gate, then North around the four pillars,
    > Back South to the canyon,
    > Follow the cables through, and out of the canyon,
    > Circle around the Installation 18 Dish,
    > Through the wasteland towards the mountain path,
    > Up the path, through the prison, then up towards the stronghold,
    > Finish-line is the Changdu club door.

For those not well-versed in the “Iconic landmarks” of Nimbus, including me, here’s a map.

Route Map

All who participate will receive a free lockbox key with first, second and third gaining the dubious honour of being the fastest naked people on Nimbus.
    In addition, we witness the return of the infamous Nimbus Marathon Ribbon, so everyone knows you ran butt naked across the desert like the mad lad you are.

While you’re running, join up in voice on the discord to heckle support your fellow competitors. Come on, you know you want to.
    We hope to see you in your best marathon wear on the 27th.

Seriously, the goose approved this. I don’t know why but it will be fun.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Afterwards we can go into a bar (fist) fight –

Or you can join me collecting some accolades on the roofs of Paradise City 🙂

See you there !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Cyan
    Fleet Member

Sounds competely irresponsible. Can’t wait! 🙂

aka @cyan#4819

Sovereign001
    Fleet Member

OMG :p

Who comes up with these things XD

I’m in 😐

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I think one thing is being overlooked, the idea is to give everyone a fair chance so no weapons, Armour speed boosts etc, what about the endeavor sprint speed bonus, I can’t attend the event but my sprint speed boost is at 13% with two more to max out at i assume 15%, I know its just for fun but someone with no boost is at a disadvantage  compared to someone who has it maxed out.

Sovereign001
    Fleet Member

About that, traits are they allowed because how can we win if everyone is the same?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

This is a purely fun event, and yes we cannot block Rep traits etc, but to try to keep it level (and fun) everyone drops everything what they can drop. That’s why there is no real grand prize because someone will have a passive runspeed bonus (Caitian etc).

The idea is to reach the end without dying – but what it usually turns into is a giant fist fight with every mob we encounter – so the mobs act as ‘speed bumps’. The rule is that you can’t go further unless the entire mob is dead, so you will only do short sprints.

Again this is just for laughs, but you do get a lockbox key just for participating !

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

but what it usually turns into is a giant fist fight with every mob we encounter – so the mobs act as ‘speed bumps’. The rule is that you can’t go further unless the entire mob is dead

OK, my point is based on the principle that it was a race, there is no mention in the original post about having to fight and kill all mobs on the route and progress prohibited until the mobs are dead, it does say “You’re being mobbed? Use your fists!” but I assumed this was just a joke about no weapons.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Chanfron.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

The rules are extremely flexible – fun first ! There is no real 1st place prize besides an honorable mention so if you arrive first or last shouldn’t be that big of a deal. This ‘mob speedbump’ is purely to level the playing (running?) field for those that have innate/rep speed buffs.

Can you buff up and by-pass mobs and just go for the finish line ? Sure. It’s all up to you.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Another succesful event ! Great turnout fleet, good fun !

Thanks to Veratisu for spearheading the event, and to Shohom, Phoenix, Gallifrey and Masha as well for support !

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Grats to Zysson@Sovereign001 who finished the gauntlet first!  Tales of your naked survival in the desert will be sung for millennia!

Also, thanks to all who participated! Hope everyone had a good time. You all have been awarded the Naked Nimbus ribbon. If anyone who joined doesn’t see their ribbon awarded, let me know.

And finally, just want to echo Marcase’s thanks to Veratisu for coordinating the festivities, as well as to Shohom, Gallifrey and Angany!

Hope to see you all again soon!

aka @phoenix#6622

brimur
    Fleet Member

Looked like a hoot. Sorry I missed it. Just logged into STO now after a few days (had finished event) and saw the message.

AnganySamavu
    Commodore
    Team Player

Time for me to finally post my screenshots of the run!

Party hard, party anywhere!

Line up

The run begins

Bar fight, Veratisu’s team

…and the following space battle. Wish there was a way turn off all fx from using abilities

aka @anganysamavu#4972, @kjoiner#6008

Dcoy76
    Fleet Member

Nice pics! Thnx for the great run and fun.

aka @dcoy76#0

Acoustic Rob
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

Great pictures!

I especially like the one of my Mel (she’s the pink-haired human in the leather jacket) punching out the sandworm.  I’m going to have to save that one for later.

aka @acousticrob#2239

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.