= Name our new-newer-newest 44th fleet ! =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = Name our new-newer-newest 44th fleet ! =

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Okay, here’s my two cents….

44th Temporal Group

44th Temporal Cavalcade

44th Temporal Concatenation

44th Temporal Continuum

44th Ugly Giant Bags of Mostly Water Fleet

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

DaveB
    Fleet Member

Okay,

as I’m new (and therefore in the fleet currently) please go with the Greek alphabet – whichever letter you like, Beta (to fill the gap) would be my choice.

I watched the fleet names seen in game for a good while before applying to 44th, the reason was that real naval forces (Starfleet is a naval style organisation)  don’t go round calling themselves ‘the 68th Lunar Devils’ and so on, they have task force/group designations – TF38 would have subordate TG’s like TG38.1 and so on. I liked 44th fleet as, frankly, it didn’t follow the all too apparent trend towards ‘yahoo I’m  tough I put marauders in the name’ fleet names. The name was part of the draw, I’m too old and crusty to have a macho gung ho name! (Look at my alt names, you’ll see a trend towards the tea drinking cucumber sandwich eating idiot is strongly suggested rather than Sgt Rock).

Please, go with greek lettering – or at least avoid things that sound like we think we eat broken glass for breakfast.

Dave

aka @dave67783#1664

Toadslayer
    Fleet Member

I can see why people like the idea of continuing the Greek alphabet theme, but I always thought of them as locations rather than letters for the sake of being letters.  Anyways as a 22% stakeholder in said fleet, JK.  I like 44th Reserve, just my 2 cents

aka @toadslayer

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

44th Ugly Giant Bags of Mostly Water Fleet

LoL Shark-Boss you really seem to want this one LoL.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

task force/group designations – TF38

So Taffy 3? A noble name to live up too.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

WolfChris76
    Blocked

Kolvoord Starburst I thought that would be cool.

Also liked Section 32 Explanation Declassified

And

Homeward Bound.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DaveB
    Fleet Member

Taffy has a historical ring to it of course, as a Brit we always used to just say ‘Tee Eff 76’ or whatever, I suspect Taffy is an american thing… there is nothing to stop anyone in a TF from referring to it as Taffy of course. It might be worth bearing in mind that whatever the fleet is named it might be an idea not to paint ourselves into a corner with a name that implies it’s the final one, as there will quite possibly be another such naming thread for the next fleet in  a year’s time. To be honest I’m much more concerned about getting the new starbase, dil mine etc going for the as yet to be named fleet – I’m gradually working out how these things grow.

Dave

aka @dave67783#1664

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

They grow slow but steady.^^

Thanks everyone for your submissions. I notice a strong preference for “temporal timy-wimy”, will get interesting.
    I will compile all proposals into a proper list and post a (blind) poll so everyone can vote.
    Stay tuned!

This thread is closed.

Edit: link to actual poll: https://startrek.44thfleet.com/forums/topic/name-our-newest-44th-fleet-2/

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘= Name our new-newer-newest 44th fleet ! =’ is closed to new replies.