Application for rainbowunicorns

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for rainbowunicorns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rainbowunicorns
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: rainbowunicorns@rainbowunicorns
    • Previous fleets:
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I am looking for a fleet to join as a “new” player, returning after playing for a few weeks at launch. I was reading a Reddit post and saw someone suggest that a person looking for a fleet apply to yours, so I figured I would try, as well.

To start out, I would like a fleet that exists, has players online, has projects that I can contribute to, and a fleet shop that I can purchase from. I am currently going through the episodes, enjoying the stories, and picking up gear that seems good or is recommended. I have been watching some videos on how to build successfully as a free-to-play player, and the items needed, and am picking those up as I go from the stories, but also know that some of the stuff is fleet (not that I am a free-to-play player, but I want to minimise how much I spend while knowing very little, so that I don’t make unwise purchases).

As I get more comfortable with the game, I would ideally like fleetmates of whom I can ask mechanics and strategy questions and get answers and the thought process that leads to those answers. Watching YouTube videos and reading blogs is all well and good, and I am doing that, but sometimes I really want someone to delve deeper by interacting.

In the future, when my gear and skill are less bad, I would ideally like to be able to try TFOs with fleetmates. I’m not there yet, but some day I would like to be useful in an Advanced TFO, and maybe try out an Elite (and probably get crushed).

• Tell us about yourself: Career:
      Was a programmer for years, then moved into an application architecture role (so administrative and structural).

Hobbies:
      Video games: I enjoy a variety of genres. I lean towards RPGs or stories with strong naratives for single player, rather than challenging games. I have played a few MMOs, including World of Warcraft, Star Wars The Old Republic, EVE Online, Final Fantasy 14, and others less seriously. I am still playing World of Warcraft, but more casually than when I was younger, when I was more competetive about my performance.
      Star Trek: TNG, Voyager, DS9, and TOS are the only ones I have seen, and that is about my order of preference. I might swap Voyager and TNG in that list, but keeping Picard as my favourite captain and Janeway as second. I watched about 15 minutes of an episode of Enterprise, decided it wasn’t for me, and haven’t watched any of the more recent series. I have watched many (maybe all?) of the Star Trek movies; I tend to just ignore that the modern Star Trek movies are Star Trek, and look at them as Sci-Fi action, which is sort of how I treated DS9. I have read no Star Trek books.
      Books: Dune is my favourite series, and it is best to pretend that the son’s contributions to the universe don’t exist (though I have read several of his books).
      Film and TV: I enjoy most genres, other than romantic comidies. I am a sucker for Sci-Fi and fantasy settings. “Guilty pleasure” is horror films, which are often objectively bad, but sometimes you see one that isn’t, or is but has a really interesting idea, and that’s lovely.

Disposition:
      I am introverted; I may talk a bit, but generally do not talk a lot around new people.
      I will probably avoid grouping for content, for a bit, since I really dislike the idea of fleetmates/friends carrying me through content.

Purchases in STO:
      I am fine with other people paying, or not paying, for the F2P game; my perspective is that it’s their money to do with as they please.
      Personally, I have spent some money on Zen. I bought one ship, a few quality of life things, and have some left over waiting to see something come highly recommended and on sale.
      If that something is a lootbox, because its common/non-rare contents are worth getting, then I will partake in the gambling, but otherwise will not. I don’t have anything against other people doing so, it’s just not something I personally enjoy.

• Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
    Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Matt!

Thanks for applying to The Mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma Fleet, 44th Epsilon Fleet, and 44th Temporal Vanguard, as well as our KDF fleets; 44th Assault Squadron and 44th Honour Guard – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are seven fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Temporal Vanguard, while KDF warriors are assigned to our 44th Honour Guard for 6 weeks. For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

The fleet rank of Commander is earned after you’ve been with us for 6 weeks. Upon earning this rank, up to two of your characters can be transferred into 44th Fleet and up to three can be put into 44th Assault Squadron, 44th Delta Fleet, or 44th Gamma Fleet at your discretion. Our promotion schedule is hosted publicly at our Trello Board.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent Sunday Supplemental Briefing to catch up.

Need some help with STO? Check out our FAQ, starting ship builds, and mechanics guide to help you on your way.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard !

aka @phoenix#6622

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Matt, welcome aboard.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Matt

Welcome to the Fleet, you will find this is a Great Fleet and if I am on and you need help just let me know or anyone in the fleet.

I am also one of the “introverted” persons in chat and I a little slow answering because of my typing skills, but I will help if I can.

o7

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome to the 44th!

Totally agree with you about Dune by the way😀

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.