December 4, 2019 at 10:33 am #425699Evan KaiserFleet Member
- Real name: Evan
- Age: 43
- Location: San Diego, CA (Pacific)
- Characters: Julieta@etk (Fed), Rakluk@etk (KDF)
- Previous fleets: Shadows of War/Soldiers at War
- Why join the Mighty 44th? I want to be in a fleet with mature players who are flexible about participation, and I do want to be able to play with others from the fleet in PvE groups where we work together. I would also prefer to be in a group that is just for STO, which was not the case with my previous fleet/armada. I also appreciate that you have a very helpful Web site and require an application to join; other fleets seem to invite anyone under the sun who isn’t already in a fleet, and, again, I don’t want to be in a group with immature players. I like your rules against racist and derogatory statements and I would even recommend explicitly extending this list to include derogatory statements about any demographic group (e.g., no sexist statements, no negative statements about anyone because they have a different sexual identity, and so on). Although I’m sure I’m far less experienced in the game than most, I’m happy to help newer players in the fleet when I can.
- Tell us about yourself: I live in San Diego with my feline companion Toby and work in IT at the local children’s hospital. I usually work a regular daytime shift and play STO in the evenings and a little in the mornings if I happen to wake up early enough.
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @etk#6256December 4, 2019 at 1:18 pm #425700
Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th! You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign, you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock, you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
The fleet rank of Commander can be reached after 6 weeks, after which you can move up to 2 alts to 44th main fleet and/or 3 alts to 44th Delta. Promotion schedules can be viewed on our Trello board, with dates marked on the calendar.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent quarterly State of the Fleet to catch up.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120, @ppentaquark1938#8450December 4, 2019 at 1:37 pm #425702
I tried sending your characters invites but they weren’t found. Do you have a # and 4 numbers after in your @handle? For example @hadron3000#5120. Let us know if so. Alternatively, you can shout out in the 44th-diplo for an invite to the Gamma and KDF Fleet.
Thanks and see you soon!
aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120, @ppentaquark1938#8450December 4, 2019 at 4:10 pm #425703MarcaseAdmin
Welcome aboard Evan!
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."December 5, 2019 at 10:57 am #425712PhoenixVice-Admiral
aka @phoenix#6622December 5, 2019 at 1:38 pm #425716ShohomFleet Member
Welcome to the 44th Evan!December 7, 2019 at 10:31 pm #425720HolyschitFleet Member
Welcome aboard Evan!
Real Life: Mike, located in New ZealandDecember 12, 2019 at 3:50 pm #425742Evan KaiserFleet Member
Hi everyone, thank you! Sorry, I thought I put the right numbers in but I must have goofed up. I’m etk#6256 if that helps. Akula, I’ll try sending you an in-game message when I log back in.
aka @etk#6256December 12, 2019 at 5:37 pm #425743
No worries! Invites sent 🙂
aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120, @ppentaquark1938#8450
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.