December 17, 2021 at 1:12 pm #435638
- Real name: Jarrod
- Age: 50
- Location: Amarillo, Texas CST
- Characters: Tragis@gega123, Patel@gega123, Irian@gega123, Vorat’Zan@gega123, Suvak@gega123. All other characters are either below level 10 or have a fleet that they are in. I am not attached to the fleet they are in however. I just came back to the game for the first time in 8 months, so I don’t even remember any of them. All the toons I have mentioned are Federation.
- Previous fleets: I was in Access Denied, but I left that to find people who were on at more “off hours.” I joined a new guild, but I can’t remember the name of them but if you watch Jester’s youtube channel… he is in that guild. I am still in -STO- Imperial Command (Fed), Klingon Defense League (obviously KDF), and Gamma Quadrant Defiants (also KDF).
- Why join the Mighty 44th? I came from an “older schooler” gamer who actually LIKES websites that are not Discord. This website called to me as soon as I had found it. 😛 I’m a bit of a loner when it comes to playing games. I will explain more of that in the next section. Anyway, I played this game for a little bit of time, but not what some people have done. I got it when the game first became FTP. I tried to play it then, but I guess they were doing a Borg invasion or something and I died over and over and over again! I promptly left STO and didn’t try again until a little over a year ago. I have loved it since then… although I have to take a break from time to time.
- Tell us about yourself: Like I said, I am 50 years old. The reason I say I am a loner is because I suffered a fairly major stroke almost 12 years ago. At 39, I was laid up in the hospital with no way to communicate, no use of my right hand and no use of my right leg. As time wore on, it has gotten somewhat better, but I still have no use of my right hand. I have about 40% of my right leg so I am able to walk now, but I have to swing my leg out and around to keep from whacking my foot on everything! My voice it hit but mainly miss so I never go into a voice channel. Most of the time in whatever game I am playing at the time, this is what I say… I would like to be a silent member of your guild. If I have a question, I will probably pick someone from the guild to send a direct tell to instead of asking everyone. If that sound fine with you, it sounds fine to me! If it doesn’t sound fine to you, I thank you for reading my application and go on my merry way. 🙂
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @gega123December 17, 2021 at 3:47 pm #435642PhoenixVice-Admiral
Thanks for applying to The Mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma Fleet, 44th Epsilon Fleet, and 44th Temporal Vanguard, as well as our KDF fleets; 44th Assault Squadron and 44th Honour Guard – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are seven fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Temporal Vanguard, while KDF warriors are assigned to our 44th Honour Guard for 6 weeks. For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
The fleet rank of Commander is earned after you’ve been with us for 6 weeks. Upon earning this rank, up to two of your characters can be transferred into 44th Fleet and up to three can be put into 44th Assault Squadron, 44th Delta Fleet, or 44th Gamma Fleet at your discretion. Our promotion schedule is hosted publicly at our Trello Board.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent Sunday Supplemental Briefing to catch up.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
Welcome aboard !
aka @phoenix#6622December 17, 2021 at 3:54 pm #435643PhoenixVice-Admiral
Hi Jarrod, your application has been accepted, but as you may have seen, we have a no multi-fleeting policy. However, we also have a 2 week trial period that you can use to check out the fleet and see if it is a good fit for you. If you decide to bring all of your characters over, you can post the rest of the names here at any time. We have 7 total fleet divisions currently, including 2 KDF fleets. If you have any other questions in the meantime, feel free to ask!
aka @phoenix#6622December 17, 2021 at 4:03 pm #435644MarcaseAdmin
Hello Jarod, welcome!
I’m sorry to hear about your predicament, but hope you’re doing well. We are a laid back fleet and as such don’t demand anything from you as a member except to just have fun with the game. We believe the fleet is here to support YOU and not the other way around.
Also as Phoenix mentioned above, during your two week try-out we can assist you and answer any and all questions you may have (the answer is always “42” anyway).
See you, out there.
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."December 18, 2021 at 5:06 am #435647
Thanks for the welcome! As I said, I am not attached to those fleets. To the best of my knowledge, I just got a random invite as I was moving around the game and I accepted it instead of continuing on by myself. It has been so long since I have played STO that I need to look up how to leave the fleet on the 3 characters. I will post them when I get them removed. That is more of a “the names of half of my characters were computer generated or had a few letters added to the computer generation so I can’t remember their names because I am a complete idiot” than “I don’t want anyone to know!!!!” I will also list my other characters as well, but they are all below level 10. Same reason why that they aren’t listed here. I can’t remember their names. 😛 Sometimes I wake up and am unable to remember my own name! Gah!
I am not playing much right now. I am just logging on in the morning and getting my Christmas thing done for my free ship. Yesterday, I started logging in a second time in the afternoon to fly a… I can’t even think of what they are called. A TFO? I flew one to “get my feet wet.” As far as that went though, it was more of a “hold your nose because you are going off the high dive with concrete boots!” I was floundering like a madman!!! But it was fun!!!
Anyway, I will try to get my three removed from their existing fleets and post their names and the names “of their little children” later today.
Again, thanks for the welcome!!!
aka @gega123December 18, 2021 at 7:56 am #435648
Okay. Got everyone in that I had slated for invite. Haven’t yet added the chat window for all fleets, but I have that on my docket. I finally remembered how to remove myself from my other fleets, so I have those three ready. They are:
My others were created to hold their names, but I will start leveling them up to “re-introduce” myself to how to play. They are:
That is all I have… at the moment anyway. 😛
aka @gega123January 15, 2022 at 2:52 am #435821ShohomCommodore
Welcome to the 44th!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.