September 13, 2021 at 3:26 pm #434215
- Real name: David
- Age: 66
- Location: St annes lancashire UK (GMT)
- Characters: whinnfrey@dave67783#1664 Fed Ffoulkes-Napier@dave67783#1664 Fed Willis@dave67783#1664 Fed Carruthers@dave67783#1664 Fed P’eb@dave67783#1664 Fed Q’Plonk@dave67783#1664 KDF
- Previous fleets: Nil
- Why join the Mighty 44th? Been playing solo a few months, want to get further into endgame. Also I’ve been in clans for most of the games I have been immersed in, so although I don’t want to get involved with an outfit that is determined to drive its members to working at it 24/7 I do like clans that have the option to come and go as you like, chat (usually Discord for me so far) with other players, and so forth.
Most of my alts are at level 65, barring the Klingon who I haven’t really played much – I got him to try out a free KDF ship. I have a few T6 ships, some reputations at level 6, some crafting at level 15, both rep and crafting I also have some down at level 1 still. I have some rep gear on ships, which are mostly running level 15 gear, and I’d like – without getting to deeply immersed in the joys of spreadsheeting (I can handle Excel, but I refuse to consider it fun) – to get my DPS etc up, my best (single shot) crit hit so far has been around 35000, which seems low compared to what I’ve seen in videos.
- Tell us about yourself: First the bad bit – I’m partially sighted with the reactions of a striking Koala, and 66 years old, so you can forget any ideas of me saving the day with a dramatic burst of overloaded phaser fire at any point. I was in the RAF (airforce) for 23 years, flying as rear crew on Nimrod maritime aircraft, then I spent 17 years as a secondary school physics teacher. Now retired, plenty of time to take life easy, so a major hobby is going round the local pubs, cafes and restaurants… there are allegedly around 200 within 5 miles of here, so it may take a while to finish the survey. I have 4 adult children, a wife, and a dog, and live by the beach where we all pretend to take our daily exercise. I have played a good few PC games, mainly sims, strategy, wargames types with the odd empire builder thrown in. I have a sense of humour, which made teaching both easier and a bit of a minefield (I got told off at a very boring teacher training session for using the post it notes to play charades).
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @dave67783#1664September 13, 2021 at 4:48 pm #434224PhoenixVice-Admiral
Thanks for applying to The Mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma Fleet, 44th Epsilon Fleet, and 44th Discord Fleet, as well as our KDF fleets; 44th Assault Squadron and 44th Honour Guard – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are seven fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Discord Fleet, while KDF warriors are assigned to our 44th Honour Guard for 6 weeks. For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
The fleet rank of Commander is earned after you’ve been with us for 6 weeks. Upon earning this rank, up to two of your characters can be transferred into 44th Fleet and up to three can be put into 44th Assault Squadron, 44th Delta Fleet, or 44th Gamma Fleet at your discretion. Our promotion schedule is hosted publicly at our Trello Board.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent Sunday Supplemental Briefing to catch up.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
Welcome aboard !
aka @phoenix#6622September 13, 2021 at 5:15 pm #434226PhoenixVice-Admiral
David, you have also received the Veteran’s Ribbon on the forum. The 44th is home to many active and retired service members from around the globe. Feel free to check out what some of your other fellow veterans have posted on the site at the link below, and share additional stories if you like.
It is but a small token of gratitude, but thank you for your service!
aka @phoenix#6622September 13, 2021 at 5:24 pm #434227ShohomCommodore
Welcome to the 44th Dave!September 13, 2021 at 5:44 pm #434234MarcaseAdmin
Wait, what? Nimrods? I remember you guys *squints eyes*… While you were galavanting in the air I was boring holes in the GIUK gap – former Dutch submariner here, way back in the early ’90s. Tough lot to detect you were, nothing like Ivan with his big props.^^
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."September 14, 2021 at 7:29 am #434265
thanks for the welcome.
Marcase – forgive my crumble memories – Zwaardvis and Tijgerhai was it? Yes, our jet engines didn’t produce the lines that props did, I vaguely remember seeing jez printouts with Bears on and the ‘wet’ men saying Nimrods were relatively invisible. Ealy 90’s I was on 206 sqn, I did a couple of longish ground tours in ops before and after that, started in 1979 out of Kinloss. We probably passed each other a number of times.
See you all around!
aka @dave67783#1664September 14, 2021 at 6:20 pm #434276MarcaseAdmin
Indeed, served on HrMs Zwaardvis and Zeeleeuw, had a jolly time in the Med off Sidra as well, which you too may recall. My favorite ship here in STO – a Tholian Recluse – is called Zwaardvis; made her all stealthy and backstabbing. Good fun.
Catch you out there!
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."September 16, 2021 at 10:37 am #434287SgtKen60Fleet Member
Real name: David
Welcome to the Fleet David 07
aka @sgtken60 "the Grumpy Old Klingon"September 16, 2021 at 12:07 pm #434292
Yes, Been all over the Med a lot of times – Sidra direction we used to look at Hammamet anchorage to see what was doing, Kithera across towards the Greek bit (saw a Sverdlov in there first time we visited, along with a couple of smaller vessels I don’t now remember), and of course lots of time spent in Gib and Cyprus. Had a lot of fun. and it was much nicer weather than back home at Kinloss!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.