Application for ChaosSgt60

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for ChaosSgt60

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: Khaeccux@sgtken60 (Romulan-Alien-Fed)
    • Account type: Silver
    • Previous fleets: Yes but I do not not remember its name.
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I need to find a fleet to teach me more about this game, your fleet reads like it would.
    • Tell us about yourself: I am PMing you about your Fleet, I have been trying find a Fleet who can help me learn more about the game.
      But there are a couple of things I want to be upfront about.
      A little about me, I am a long time gamer started with Pen and Paper Games back in the 1980s, and moved into Online games starting with Ultima Online, I have played Champions Online, Guild Wars, Age of Conan, WoW, World of Warships, etc..1) I have tried a Fleet already, and dropped them because it felt like I was just a number.
    • 2) I am a older (59yrs young in May) player, so I want to learn BUT I do not have time for “games”.
    • 3) Real Life – Because of my job and my wife’s health issues, I normally play around 2AM Eastern Time.
    • 4) I want a fleet for all my Captains, my highest is Lvl 52 Romulan Republic/Fed Allied and I have couple of lower ones. So he is Khaeccux.
    • 5) I have discord, but do not use much.
    • 6) I have a mic/headphones.
    • 7) Grumpy Old TRIBBLE ain’t I?
    • 8) I am a slow typist, so the in game chat is hell for me. So its lot of one word answers, during battles LoL. So if you and your fleet might be able to put up with an over the hill, grumpy old ex-sailor (former USN) and actually teach him something about the game (barring my own thick head stopping it).
    • Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SgtKen60.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Hi Ken,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).

Need some help with STO ? Check out our FAQ, starting ship builds and mechanics guide to help you on your way.

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard!

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

@akula2045

Thanks, I will try to do my best for the Fleet. I have been avoiding this game for a long time, since as a long time Star Trek Fan I KNEW I would get hooked on it 🙂

I hope you gals and guys do not mind having an Old Navy Snipe on board, YES I was in Engineering and Yes I have Scottish and Irish ancestors so you can guess who was my favorite  in TOS 🙂

Good Luck All 07

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SgtKen60.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Ken,

If you browse through our recent applicants, you’ll notice you’ll fit the theme 🙂 And no worries about slow typing, I am a slow reader so it’ll go swimmingly.

Any comments or questions, never hesitate.

Welcome aboard !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Someone get this man a Veteran ribbon!

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Hello Ken, If you browse through our recent applicants, you’ll notice you’ll fit the theme And no worries about slow typing, I am a slow reader so it’ll go swimmingly. Any comments or questions, never hesitate.

Welcome aboard !

Someone get this man a Veteran ribbon!

Thank you both, and I hope to meet you in game.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SgtKen60.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

To All

I am not sure if I have been deactivated; but due to some personal and computer issues I had to stop playing.

If possible, and I am deactivated I would like to be reactivated.

Thank you,

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Hey, welcome back!

The following characters are in fleet: Garm’iclan, Ken’Neth, M’aia (44th Assault Squadron), and Sashi (44th Fleet). Do you need invite for any other character? I see char you mentioned in your app is not in the fleet.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Hey, welcome back! The following characters are in fleet: Garm’iclan, Ken’Neth, M’aia (44th Assault Squadron), and Sashi (44th Fleet). Do you need invite for any other character? I see char you mentioned in your app is not in the fleet.

No that character has been gone for awhile. And thanks 🙂 07

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome back Ken !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Thanks but I am at work right now.
    I am hoping to get to play afterwards.

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Glad you made it back. See you out there, Captain!

aka @phoenix#6622

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Glad you made it back. See you out there, Captain!

Thanks Phoenix, and I think it was you who help me on setting back up the 44th diplo channel this morning, so double thanks. 07

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi,

You have been awarded the Ambassador and recruiter ribbons for your work on Reddit r/sto.

Congratulations!!

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Congrats indeed and thank you good captain.  🙂

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.