Xaxial’s STO Hardcore Challenge!

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Xaxial’s STO Hardcore Challenge!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Fleet Member

Dex: If you can craft it, it is allowed. If you have to buy it, not allowed. Even if something is sold by NPCs, if YOU craft it, you can give it to the challenge character. Yes this does include specializations. course, you have to LIVE long enough to use them, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dex: As for upgrades, of course! The catch tho, is you can only use them to upgrade ship components while in a shipyard type place, (Klingon Shipyard, ESD, DS9, ect). Ground can be upgraded any time.

Evan: Think of it like this, anything that can be “unnatural” or “not cannon” is out. so Red Angel suit has to be banned cause, in essence, it can give you or Boff unlimited lives. And while i am sure medical advances are huge in the future, i doubt even 25th century science can bring you back from a phaser blast to the face. So ya, regardless of accessible abilities and items, if you/boff die, game over.

aka @xaxial#0851

ETK
    Commodore

I’ll give it a try.

Captain Name: Laant

Date Created: 2021/01/21

Race/Gender: Tellarite male

Ship Name and Class: U.S.S. Perseverance, Verity-X Legendary Command Dreadnought Cruiser

Faction: Federation

aka @etk#6256

AnganySamavu
    Commodore
    Team Player

Random thought about romulan captains: what if Tovan Khev dies? You can’t discard this BOff.

aka @anganysamavu#4972, @kjoiner#6008

Matthew
    Fleet Member

Random thought about romulan captains: what if Tovan Khev dies? You can’t discard this BOff.

If he dies, just don’t use him.

aka @xaxial#0851

Sukobi
    Commodore
    Team Player

Renaming them to something that denotes their cadaver-ness can be helpful.
    “SHESDEADJIM”
    “RIP Jones”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Sukobi.
    ETK
    Commodore

T’Vrell stupidly died in the makeshift prison on Nimbus III by running into one of the cells on her own. I had to remove her stuff from her body and dismiss her, but fortunately had another science officer waiting to commission.

aka @etk#6256

AnganySamavu
    Commodore
    Team Player

Another attempt.

Captain Name: Sah

Date Created: 23.01.2021

Race: Romulan/Female

Ship name/class: R.R.W. Alkonost – Vastam Tactical Command Warbird

Faction: Rom/KDF

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by AnganySamavu.

aka @anganysamavu#4972, @kjoiner#6008

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I’ll give it a go with my KDF recruit.

Captain Name: Lexalla

Date Created: 25.01.2021

Race: Klingon-Liberated Borg/Female

Ship name/class: I.K.S. Malkuro – Naj’sov Research Vessel

Faction: KDF

aka @phoenix#6622

ETK
    Commodore

I thought of another question. Rule #6 says that the character can only sell items they earn, and can’t, for instance, be gifted valuable items by other characters for the purpose of selling them on the Exchange to earn EC, or, presumably, for the purpose of salvaging them. But is the challenge character allowed to craft items using their own R&D abilities (and materials they’ve gathered on their own) to sell them on the Exchange?

aka @etk#6256

ETK
    Commodore

My character is still alive but the rest of the away team bought it in What Lies Beneath, which is deadlier than I remembered. They all had VR Mk XII or better equipment but three of them got knocked out at once by the photonic and Kolez got it in a fight against some Devidians moments later. At least my captain was never close to death, but it hurts to lose four BOffs at once. RIP Doazbaz, Doursos, Kolez, and Runk…

I thought their equipment would be fine for Normal difficulty, but apparently not, so I’m going to go even slower and get reputation ground equipment sets for my next away team members and make sure they’re all Mk XV.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by ETK.

aka @etk#6256

ETK
    Commodore

I have successfully completed the challenge with my character Laant and am happy to provide whatever screenshots will serve as proof. He completed all main story arcs up to and including Gamma Quadrant, as well as all five “Galaxy at Large” side story arcs (Wasteland, Spectres, Lost Dominion, Cold War, and Kobali Crisis), all in as close to the “correct” chronological order as possible. Many bridge officers perished on the way, and they were immediately stripped of equipment and told to stay out of the way (as much as possible) upon being knocked out, but Laant himself was never knocked out or died and his ship was never destroyed.

Closest calls:

For space, definitely the closest call was a few months ago when I was playing the Days of Doom TFO on Advanced. It was clear none of the other players knew what to do at the end, so despite the extra risk, I took the big warp core and dropped it in front of the doomsday machine. I knew it was about to fire and I got as close to the edge of its firing arc and as far away as I could, but still caught much of it; it knocked the ship down to 4% hull.

For ground, it was actually unexpected and near the end of the journey, during one of the several combats with the mutant hur’q in Tenebris Torquent. Maybe the hur’q got a critical hit on him but his health was knocked down to maybe 15%, though a quick large hypo and running away got him out of trouble.

Another close call on the ground was the last portion of Dust to Dust where you have to go across a number of retractable platforms without falling. I was able to use Mudd’s Time Device to get through most of them (and it saved Laant several times), but the last one is so long that for the last few platforms, if you fall, you’re done, because the 30-second timer on the device would have run out by then, so good thing I didn’t mess that up when I got that far.

For BOff losses, the roughest was on What Lies Beneath from the Spectres side arc, where I lost all four BOffs (two in one combat, then the remaining two in another) and had to complete the mission alone.

That was a long grind but I think I will continue the story missions with this character and see if I can still keep him from dying or losing his ship.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by ETK.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by ETK.

aka @etk#6256

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Congratulations ETK, That’s some achievement!

You have been awarded a provisional ribbon (the blue and white one in the middle of your rows) which will be replaced by a proper unique one soon. This must have been some nail-biting journey; we salute you.

Well done captain!

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.