Sunday Supplemental #9

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #9

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Welcome to the 9th Sunday Supplemental for 9-06-2020.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@Nateboxx35, @bmed, @darkside003, @Sylvannire#4261, @sakp1#6122, @Darkwulf, @isolinearOmega

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th!

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

Fleet Housekeeping

Now that the new fleet has an official name and the Armada shakeup is complete, we have started adding new applicants to the Epsilon fleet. In addition to being the place new members will go to complete their 6 weeks of rank progression, any alts of our current members are now free to join as well.

So, the default is to add any newly created characters / alts to the fleet you were originally invited to unless you have reached the character limit in that particular fleet or you ask for that character to be in Epsilon. Also, if you are a Commander or above in fleet rank, you can have characters invited to whichever fleet you like as long as you haven’t gone over the limit for that particular fleet.

So, new characters don’t have to go to Epsilon, but if you have any characters that don’t get a lot of attention, consider moving them to Epsilon as space is becoming an issue for 44th Gamma and Delta Fleets.

As a reminder, the current character limits are:

44th Fleet – 2 Character limit (for any Commander Fleet rank and above)

44th Delta Fleet – 3 Character limit (for any Commander Fleet rank and above or if you were originally invited to Delta Fleet)

44th Gamma Fleet – Unlimited For as long as the roster has space (Max is 500 characters for all fleets)

44th Epsilon – Unlimited For as long as the roster has space (Max is 500 characters for all fleets)

Fleet Events

We are planning a Fleet Costume Contest for 9-20-2020! It will have a Summer Theme, and bikinis are optional. We will also be taking a Fleet Photo on Risa during the contest to hopefully replace our current one on the website. So, go ahead and breakout your summer wear (doesn’t have to be beachwear) and plan for shenanigans on Sept. 20th. We will provide more details and times soon!

The meme ship contest is almost over! For details: Meme Ship Build Contest

https://startrek.44thfleet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Zwaardvis-infographic.png

There’s still some paperwork to do. All posts must contain“44th Meme Build” at the beginning of their title, that’s the title box where you name your post. This way we can track all entrants. Without this we may miss your post.

The fleet poll for the meme ship contest will commence on the 7th of September at and run for a week at which time a winner will be decided Check out the link above for full details!

We still have another fleet event in the planning stages, though it will likely be later in the year. It is a “small” event we have done before, so stay tuned for more info.

Summer Event

The summer event is over, but you can still spend favors at the summer event store or vendor on Risa so long as you unlocked it on that particular character.

Galaxy Red Alert!

Complete a Red Alert TFO Queue 5 times every 20 hrs to earn an Ultimate Tech Upgrade or 1 Specialization Point!

Bonus XP Weekend

If you are looking to earn extra XP, this is your week!

Bundle Sale

For anyone interested in purchasing a bundle and can’t wait for November….. Information only, not sponsored….

R&D Packs

This is here for information purposes only. Again, not sponsored…..

From September 8th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) to September 29th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST), Cryptic is running a promotion that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack or a Duty Officer Pack. These packs will have a chance to open into a rare Tier 6 Ship, including the Inquiry class from Star Trek Picard! From September 8th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) to September 14th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)all of these packs will be 20% off!

Full details in the link below. Also note that the drop rate has historically been extremely low, so purchase at your own discretion.

Command the Inquiry-Class Battlecruiser

TFO Teaming Guide By Marcase

Marcase asked me to include this in the supplemental as the Queue system has been giving captains a bit of issues. Namely, taking off without the rest of the team. IF you do team up, you will want to check to see if everyone in the team is also in the Private Queue. If they are not and you are teamed up, try having the Team / Queue group leader change maps. Sometimes this helps.

Now, for the workaround:

Greetings fleet,

Teaming up for joint random TFOs has been wobbly, with often the teamleader getting warped into a TFO solo. Here’s the fix: Do Not Team Up.

You’re welcome.

Kidding aside, the best way to form a joint team for TFO’s is to create a private TFO queue. This has two other advantages; you can combine Feds/KDFs and you can join Random TFOs with less than 5 players. The empty spots will be filled by random players, just as with the regular (and buggy) teaming.

Right-click players and Invite to Task Force Operation

You can add up to 4 others, but don’t have to.

You can now either choose a specific TFO (with a full 5-man team), or go back and pick Join Random (with less than 5).

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Great piece as always, thanks for posting – especially since you’re feeling a bit under the weather. Thanks!

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

JJ
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Nice one as usual Akula.

Good advice on a problem there Marcase.

aka @jj_jiminey

Thalyos
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

That little TFO  invitation guide will be very precious to me ^.^  At least now i know what goes wrong when only one person gets into the TFO lol

aka @Thalyos

Mares Guyver
    Fleet Member

Great entry and very helpful information – thanks as always, Admiral Akula2045!

"You can't kill me . . . I've been rejected by death!" ~ Sean Barker, The Guyver/Mutronics

aka @mguyver315#5365

Thanks Akula and of course, Marcase!

Been wondering if private teaming would be the way to go for our own random tfo’s.

Much helpful this is. (Sorry couldn’t help going Yoda style)

Fleet Admiral of Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair KDF.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the info, and special thanks to @Marcase and @Akula2045 for putting up with this Grumpy Old Klingon. This last week has been really rough for me to play, with what happen.

So thanks again.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

*bump*

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sweet been trying to remember how to invite kdf and feds. Haven’t been grouping with anyone yet because I didn’t want an awkward – “oh.. your kdf”.

aka @darkside003

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.