Sunday Supplemental #7

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #7

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Welcome to the 7th Sunday Supplemental for 8-23-2020.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@naros5#2697 @lessarae#2672 @alraxus#4666 @Szabykaa

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th!

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

Fleet Housekeeping

You may have noticed that our new 44th Omega Fleet has officially been added to the Armada in place of Taskforce Echo. My thanks to Disciples of Morn for helping us make this possible so quickly!

New Fleet Name

We will be offering all fleet members an opportunity to come up with a name for the new fleet! We will be accepting entries until Monday Aug. 24th See the link to the forum post below.

Name our newest 44th Fleet

Polling will start on Monday and end Friday the 28th. The winning entry will be announced Friday or Saturday at the latest.

At some point we will have a ceremony (aka see how many party poppers we can activate in one instance of the new Starbase) to celebrate the new fleet, so stay tuned for more info later.

What is the new Fleet For?

Once the new Fleet has a name and the Armada shakeup has completed (more on that in a sec) we will start adding new applicants to the new fleet. In addition to being the place new members will go to complete their 6 weeks of rank progression, any alts of our current members will be free to join as well.

The new fleet will also serve as a way for members to earn fleet credits through contributions to projects. Of which there will be no shortage. Please keep in mind though that the 44th Gamma Fleet still needs a few things, so the priority should be as follows:

44th Gamma Fleet (Starbase and Colony Projects)

44th Omega Fleet (Everything Else)

You can contribute to another Fleet in the Armada by clicking the Fleet Button on the mini map. Click the Armada Tab and then click on Holdings. You can then select the Fleet you want to contribute to.

Armada

Speaking of the Armada, you will be seeing some changes in the coming days and weeks. Unfortunately, we will have to live without the maximum bonuses for a few days. We are moving our fleets around so that we can get the most out of the dilithium bonuses and also to balance out our fleets for greater Armada stability. Dragon’s Lair will be moving back into their old Beta position within the Armada. Like MMFWCL and The Disciples Of Morn, Dragons have been wonderful Armada partners and have also just completed their Federation fleet.  So, once all of the moves are completed, things will look a bit like this lovely graphic.

Get Well In Warp Speed

@gallifreycaptain
    #2621 Has been feeling under the weather lately so please wish her well if you see her in game.

@rathemagius Has just undergone a surgery and is currently recovering. So if you see him pop on in game be sure to wish him well.

Fleet Events

The meme ship contest is going on now! For details: Meme Ship Build Contest

https://startrek.44thfleet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Zwaardvis-infographic.png

There’s still some paperwork to do. All posts must contain“44th Meme Build” at the beginning of their title, that’s the title box where you name your post. This way we can track all entrants. Without this we may miss your post.

The fleet poll for the meme ship contest will commence on the 7th of September at and run for a week at which time a winner will be decided.  Check out the link above for full details!

We still have another fleet event in the planning stages, though it will likely be later in the year. It is a “small” event we have done before, so stay tuned for more info. In addition, Veratisu will be putting together a fleet costume contest event to take place towards the end of the Summer Event, so stay tuned for more info on that.

Summer Event

The Summer Event is still going on until Sept. 3rd.

I’ve included a link for some history on the Lohlunat Festival

Also Chanfron has created a guide here: Risa Accolades Guide

For those who may not know. You can “Pin” your emotes to the HUD. It makes for easier Dance Party Completions. Simply click on the Pin in the upper right corner. You can drag the menu down to enlarge it as well as scroll.

Also, for a quick change of clothing, you can click on your character’s portrait and change outfits without visiting the tailor. You will need to have more than one outfit saves however.

Ship Sale

And no, this Sunday Supplemental is not sponsored….heh Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone was interested.

New Discord Room

We in the Admiralty have been talking about adding a “Build channel” in the 44th’s Discord Server. The channel will primarily serve as a place to post and talk about builds powers and mechanics. We would like to know what your thoughts are on this, so if there is enough interest we will certainly give it a try. Please discuss this below or in the Discord Server so we can have an idea on how much interest there is.

Dilithium Weekend Coming Up!

Starting at 3PM UTC August 27th there will be a Dilithium Weekend Event! The event ends Aug 31st at 5PM UTC.

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Good piece as always, thanks!

Good vibes to both @gallifreycaptain and @rathemagius, hope you both are feeling better. We spoke to Space Mom earlier and hope Rathe will be up to join us bashing Borg again soon.

One day left to submit your name for the new fleet – we’re at 29 proposals and counting. In the coming week there will be a poll where everyone gets 3 votes to cast. This will get interesting… 😉

The Armada reshuffle will have little effect on each of you and hopefully it will be complete without much notice (except for the stack of paperwork required).

Cheers all

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Nice update as usual Boss Shark.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to both Timelady and Rathemagius.

As far as the builds channel on discord is concerned, two thumbs up! Keeping builds/mechanics as a separate channel will make things easier to find. The current sto channel can be used to share news and general info.

Will be waiting for the fleet name poll results to be out. We have some really interesting candidates😂😂🤣🤣

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Kwolves21
    Commodore
    Team Player

I really enjoy these weekly updates, well wishes to the both of them. The build channel is an excellent idea because I’m always asking questions in the sto channel and feel I’m asking a lot and taking up space lol.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Kwolves, asking questions is never a problem🤓

My thoughts behind the builds channel is that many other players may have similar questions, but don’t get around to asking it. You (or anybody) asking it, and the answers that others give will be useful to more than just the person asking. Keeping them together, and perhaps pinning the question and/or the pertinent answer would be an excellent resource.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Shohom.

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Kwolves21
    Commodore
    Team Player

Agreed shohom, having the build stuff all on one channel would be easier for people to just search the terms like tanky or dps or science and find the relevant stuff easier I feel like. Maybe even those with the knowledge(not me)could make a couple builds using some of the free ships that you get through progression that people can copy and get a feel for the desired ship build, hopefully this makes sense

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose

Hollywood_NZ
    Commodore

Fully support a Builds channel on Discord.  I love that these conversations are happening, but they overwhelm any other comments in that channel.  For me at least, this is off putting.

41BCCO
    Fleet Member

Good read!  My thoughts go  out to both  Gallifrey  & Rathemagius. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by 41BCCO.

Von "Ace" Velton

Craig
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the update on what’s going on

Acoustic Rob
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

I’m in favor of a shipbuilding channel.  Full builds can still be posted here on the forum, but it’ll be a more natural place for quick questions.

aka @acousticrob#2239

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

NEW DISCORD ROOM We in the Admiralty have been talking about adding a “Build channel” in the 44th’s Discord Server. The channel will primarily serve as a place to post and talk about builds powers and mechanics. We would like to know what your thoughts are on this, so if there is enough interest we will certainly give it a try. Please discuss this below or in the Discord Server so we can have an idea on how much interest there is.

Oh yes please, I think this would be a great thing for the Fleet.

And best wishes to Gallifey and Rathemagius

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Spartacus
    Fleet Member

Thx for update! +1 on build channel.

aka @Spartacus#0692

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.