Rob Plays STO, or, What’s *She* Doing in the 25th Century?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Holodeck Rob Plays STO, or, What’s *She* Doing in the 25th Century?

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Acoustic Rob
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

“Captain?”

“You. Do I…know you?”

“I don’t think so?”

“Who are you?”

“Lieutenant Sa’ar, Captain. I’m your new head of Operations. Just arrived today.”

“S…ar?”

“Sa’ar. May I say, Captain, that I’ve been looking forward to this assignment? I wrote my thesis on the Constitution class when I was in the Academy, and it was a heck of a design. It says something that we’re still flying them after all these years, isn’t it?”

“…”

aka @acousticrob#2239

Acoustic Rob
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

“Captain?”

“…Mel.  Call me Mel.”

“Mel?  Are you all right?”

“You know what, big guy? I am. I really think that I am. Helm, take us out of here. Warp factor 3.”

aka @acousticrob#2239

Acoustic Rob
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

All right, so that last scene probably needs some explanation.

As I mentioned, I created Mel Sandoval for a game a few years ago.  During that game she fell hard for another player’s character, a boy with horns named Sar who hatched out of a rock and for some reason put up with Mel’s bullshit.

Mel died during the course of the game but as part of the epilogue she got a second chance at life and I decided she’d spend it trying to find Sar, no matter where it took her. So when another game needed a fill-in character I decided to re-introduce Mel. Except this game was set in the present day so at some point there must have been a time slip that brought her from 1983, when she originally died, to about a year and a half ago. Mel doesn’t always handle living in the future well, but it hasn’t stopped her yet.

So: recruited for a secret war, died while fighting it but got a second chance at life, ended up in the future…you can see why I decided my Original Series character was going to be a Mel copy. And since Star Trek Online lets you design your own alien bridge officers, I knew I had to make a Sar for her to explore the galaxy with.

The canonical Mel is still searching, but at least one of my Mels has found her version of him.

“This is a diplomatic mission, Mel. You can probably put the phaser away.”

“If there’s one thing I’ve learned, Sa’ar, it’s that no matter where I go, trouble finds me.”

“See? See?”

— fin —

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Acoustic Rob.

aka @acousticrob#2239

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

*Applause*. Well done Rob. As a thank you, you are awarded the forum Artist ribbon for your story telling.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Acoustic Rob
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

Oooo, external validation!  Thanks, Marcase.

aka @acousticrob#2239

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Even knowing what came next, I was waiting for each update just to read the conversation text😁Nice work Rob!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.