My Favorite part of Celebrate the anniversary of First Contact Day!

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation My Favorite part of Celebrate the anniversary of First Contact Day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

My Favorite Part of Celebrate the anniversary of First Contact Day!

It is not the Tommy Gun,or any of the other gifts. BUT when this Steppenwolf song pops on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVir8VfIiBg

See it brings backs some good memories, of the movie for sure. But see a long time ago while in the Navy, I moonlighted as a Bouncer in a Go-Go Club (Chancy’s) in Norfolk, VA, and when this song was picked most of the Dancers would ask for it to skipped, because most felt it was too hard and/or long.

BUT there was one waitress (she was not a normal/billed performer), named Francine who could be talked into dancing to it, between the dancer’s sets. See she was a real trained dancer so this song was a fun thing for her to do, and was saving her money to continue her schooling in Dance and to move to California, so the extra tips helped.

And BTW Francine and I did go on a couple of dates, but it was nothing serious.

SO if I am a little distracted while this TFO is on it is because of my Captains and I, are hanging around to dance to this song after the TFO ends to have some memories of a dear friend and my past days of youth.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by SgtKen60.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Anukis
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I’m not entirely sure why… but reading that made me feel better about my day. So… thanks for sharing!

aka @Nubia

RatheMagius
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Being my first First Contact event ever, I was so happy when that song kicked on during the rocket launch. I stood there just singing along to it. Now, every time that cooldown is done, I plan on jumping in to that TFO mainly just to hear it again. 🙂

aka @rathemagius

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I’m jumping into this event too, I’ve always missed it.  I am getting a little tired of my perfect rockets being beaten by blue ones, but whatever.  The song scared and elated me when I first did it, so very cool.

Good way to grab easy marks on alts, too.  Plus it’s actually nice not having to shoot things for a change.

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Having E and H purple and blue S seems to go further than all three purple

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Silly Newbie Question 1001 Mark 5XJ3 – Alpha: Now that all four of my toons have gotten all the prizes for the TFO, can I save up the special Zefram Cochrane Memorial Hologram Voucher for next year or do they change?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

They don’t change (so far), so you can, or turn them in for some extra marks. I recommend saving them for next year.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Copy and Thanks Marcase. I was think about you this morning my Federation Tactical Admiral she could of used some help was doing the Factory this AM.

BUT then my internet went down so I will have to restart the clearing of the Base 🙁

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Ask in chat for a wingman or pm me later this evening; no need to do it the hard way if you can do it the fleet way ! 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Copy, I have to also get her into the Fleet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.