LOL. Watched Star Trek TOS Episode 1

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation LOL. Watched Star Trek TOS Episode 1

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anukis
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Yep. I did getcha. Had one myself. Wish I still had it… and the SPV, batmobile and torpedo-firing Enterprise! I sold the lot, including quite a few Trek series/film props (including three wrist-communicators from TMP and a TOS security outfit, including boots), before I moved to Hungary for a few years. A group of us (a trek role-playing group of friends) had TWoK uniforms professionally made for conventions (which were awesome) – as well as TMP security outfits for team paintballing – back in the day… and I miss that, too. Lack of storage. What can you do. All I have left are autographed glossies and a couple of early ERTL kits. And memories of chatting with Takei (in flares!) over a beer in Liverpool.

aka @Nubia

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

All the show you have all mention have brought back some great memories 🙂

I am looking forward to ST: Picard, but I am worried about two things with it, their plans for it – AKA how much they will butcher it?

And Sir Patrick’s health, in a couple of the interviews I have seen he looks very tired?

But it is Star Trek, so I will watch it just like I do Discovery. Yup I even liked “Spock’s Brain”.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Dirk
    Fleet Member

I love all of the conversation.  I was hoping for as much.

I think maybe I mislead all of you.  I loved TOS then and still like it now.  I was just commenting on the difference of today.

UFO, Space 1999 all shows I watched as well.  Voyage to the bottom of the Sea, Battle Star Galactica, and let’s not forget Dark Shadows.  Ah the 60’s, life was easy, science fiction was new and cool and black and white TV was great at least until we got color then wow.

I’m not familiar with Blake 7 though.  I will have to check it out.  I am a yankee and by then I was living back in the US.  I grew up mostly in Europe from about 1963 until around 1970.  Army brat and all that.

Anyway thanks for all of the great comments and memories.

aka @thraxin#7901

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Blakes 7, all episodes. (If watching for the first time, start with episode 1×06 “Seek, Locate, Destroy”, pretty much Blakes7 in a nutshell).

Long-winded at times, and of course very British in its overal staging and atmosphere, but that’s part of the charm.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Spartacus
    Fleet Member

Thanks everyone for the trip down memory lane.  I’m with Marcase and Anukis…really loved TOS and lately The Expanse.   So much depth of writing and character in TOS and Expanse.  It is interesting to hear that the actors in the Expanse and DS9 talk about loving to spend their spare time getting together on weekends to rehearse outside of studio hours and giving feedback on each other’s character responses because they love the writing and character arcs so much.  It shows!

Cage was so different, you can see original effort but for me the Corbomite Maneuver is where STO really began its amazing new journey.  Remember when Spock said “Fascinating” at sight of the huge alien ship?  I heard Leonard Nimoy remark that he discovered and element of Spock’s true character in that response…his later takes crafted response as genuine scientific surprise curiousity vs fearful emotion seen in all his shipmates (and his first take where he apparently did the same).  For me, there were some letdowns of course as how can a show be excellent all the time?  (i.e. “And the Children Shall Lead”.

Thanks for Blake 7 tip, I will check out it.    Check out “Star Trek Continues” on YouTube if you haven’t seen it.  Amazing group of talented amateurs who are true fans at heart put this amazing production together.

aka @Spartacus#0692

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.