Application for wrangler

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for wrangler

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wrangler
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: John@wrangler#2313
    • Account type: Silver
    • Previous fleets: Responded to random invites but then left these fleets very quickly.
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? After reading the description, this fleet seems like it has a nice mix of appealing qualities. Fun, friendly, active and very helpful. As a newbie to STO, any help is always welcomed… lol
    • Tell us about yourself: I have recently retired (yup, old enough to be a father of even grandfather to most members… lol)and enjoy playing games on both the PC and phone. Currently I play… Forge of Empires.. Empires and Puzzles… Madden NFL online… Wordscapes.
    • Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes

aka @wrangler#2313

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Hi John,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).

Need some help with STO ? Check out our FAQ, starting ship builds and mechanics guide to help you on your way.

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard!

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

wrangler
    Fleet Member

Hi Akula,

Thank you so much for accepting me into your fleet. I will do my best to learn my way around.

Thanks again…..

aka @wrangler#2313

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello John,
    Any questions, comments or bad jokes, don’t hold back. We have a lot of experience in your (!) fleet which we’re willing to share. From proper ship setups, away team plasma picknick parties to spicy recipies for baked tribble.

Welcome aboard.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome aboard!

aka @phoenix#6622

Dirk
    Fleet Member

Hi John/wrangler,  welcome to the 44th.  I am fairly new myself, 6 months or so in STO and 5 in the 44th.  You defiantly picked the right fleet this time.  The 44th is a great group of people.  There are some very helpful people and the fleet is very active in game and here in our offsite.  The fleet holdings are all top notch as well once you have access to the main fleet.

Like Marcase said you if need any help just ask in game or here.

And, you are not old enough to be a father or grandfather to most of us.  You will find more your age than not, I think.  I am 60 myself.

Again welcome and see you in game.

aka @thraxin#7901

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

You have to have your candidates on your roster by commissioning them.

wrangler
    Fleet Member

Thank you for the suggestion but it did not work. I got a message saying there was no room on the Paris (my shuttlecraft) for new Bridge Officers so I could not commission her….

aka @wrangler#2313

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Question: I have 1 empty slot on my bridge (eng station) and the drop down menu at the station does not include my Bridge Officer candidates… not sure why?

Probably because you have either no spare Engineer Bridge Officers to slot, or what Para said, your (extra) engineer Boffs aren’t activated yet.

Thank you for the suggestion but it did not work. I got a message saying there was no room on the Paris (my shuttlecraft) for new Bridge Officers so I could not commission her….

Yeah then your Bridge Officer roster is full – you have to either discard a few or buy extra Boff slots via the c-store.
    You only really need 2 variants of each, so 2 Tacticals, 2 Engineers and 2 Science Bridge OFficers, and ideally 1 extra of each if you have the room.
    As I wrote in one of my guides, the quality (color) of the Bridge officer (white, blue, purple) matters little, it’s their space/ground traits (eg Leadership, Efficient, Romulan Operative) is key.
    Once commissioned (appearing in your side-bar bridge officer list) make sure to promote them from Ensign to Commander so you unlock all their higher bridge powers.

Any questions, just ask ! 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

wrangler
    Fleet Member

Ahhhh, I think I finally understand…..thank you.

aka @wrangler#2313

wrangler
    Fleet Member

Thank you very much for the promotion… those 2 weeks just flew by.

aka @wrangler#2313

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.