August 8, 2020 at 6:30 am #428016ZinshaFleet Member
August 8, 2020 at 12:48 pm #428024Akula2045Fleet Admiral
- Real name: Ryan
- Age: 30
- Location: Adelaide Australia
- Characters: Zinsha@gothicaprincess (FED)
- Previous fleets: None
- Why join the Mighty 44th? I have recently been playing star trek online on console (max level KDF, just gotten to solanae dyson sphere) but i’m finding the ui frustrating and the lack of players irritating. I’ve been using your sites FAQ for some time now and am now looking at moving to federation on PC. I currently have a low level TOS Fed character, but I know how much work needs to be put in to get good gear at later levels, so i’m looking for a fleet that I can help out and get help with.
- Tell us about yourself: I am an avid star trek fan. I was watching star trek from a very young age with my dad every sunday night (an episode from each season was on) and I have watched all of enterprise and season 1 of discovery. I am a loyal, friendly person and I love being able to make people smile. As a new player, I’m unsure if i’d be appropriate for the more expert members of your fleet, but i’m eager and ready to learn.
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma Fleet and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Delta Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
The fleet rank of Commander is earned after you’ve been with us for 6 weeks. Upon earning this rank, up to two of your characters can be transferred into 44th Fleet, and up to three can be put into 44th Delta Fleet at your discretion. Our promotion schedule is hosted publicly at our Trello Board.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent Sunday Supplemental to catch up.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
Welcome aboard !
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Akula2045.
aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120August 8, 2020 at 1:20 pm #428026MarcaseAdmin
Just to be clear, you’re certainly “appropriate” for all fleet members, we abhor elitism. Unless you are a Master Romulan Ale brewer, then we bow in reverence, obviously.
The best way to level a low character (regardless of faction) is to craft purple kit yourself and upgrade it as you go; this upgraded kit (ship weapons, ground shields, armor, coffee machine etc) is always an extra level above any NPC foe so you will go through them like a batleth through tribble-butter, guaranteed. Doing patrols to rake xp with this kit is quick and easy. We can advice you as needed. And even when it’s not.
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."August 8, 2020 at 1:57 pm #428028Mares GuyverFleet Member
Welcome aboard Ryan/Zinsha!
"You can't kill me . . . I've been rejected by death!" ~ Sean Barker, The Guyver/Mutronics
aka @mguyver315#5365August 8, 2020 at 3:23 pm #428030ZinshaFleet Member
Thank you everyone, and thank you Marcase for your advice. I assume by a purple kit, you are referring to research and development, and then just upgrading? I never even thought about doing that, it seems foolish of me now.August 8, 2020 at 4:38 pm #428036MarcaseAdmin
Don’t feel bad, it’s one of those things you just have to know and which is not communicated at all in the game.
Basically craft (via your R&D tab) what you need, say phaser beams, at Mk II (2). You might have to craft a few to get a purple/very rare variant. It’s quite cheap to craft a dozen Mk IIs and just salvage the duds.
Then buy some phoenix boxes – available from the Dilithium Store for 4,500 Refined dilithium, or 10 packs for 40,000 Refined dilithium – and downgrade ALL the blue/green boxes down to common boxes (scroll down on the menu) untill you can turn all these in for Phoenix Upgrades.
Use the upgrades to – you guessed it – upgrade that purple/very rare phaser beam to the highest level available to you. In-game, go to your inventory and at the bottom you see an upgrade tab. Nice thing is you only need 1 phoenix upgrade to get it to Mk IX (iirc). You might get lucky and get a gold/epic variant.
So if you follow this route for your ship shield, deflector, tac consoles, weapons and also your ground shield/armor/weapon, you’re already better than average. The random loot drops are sub-par most of the time. Like in all games, always use the best kit available to you, and that means purple/very rare minimum.
If you can’t craft certain kit, just ask around. We have master crafters in the fleet who can do it for you, it’s a fleet service.
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."August 8, 2020 at 5:22 pm #428039ShohomCommodore
Hi Ryan, welcome to the 44th!August 11, 2020 at 4:27 pm #428098NeilFleet Member
Welcome aboard Ryan.
Commander "Ace" reporting in and ready for duty.August 12, 2020 at 9:00 am #428117SgtKen60Fleet Member
Welcome aboard Ryan
I think you will find this Fleet is one of the best group of gamers you will meet. Not once I have never gotten the help when requested.
And they even put up with me, a grumpy, Klingon Loving Sailor 🙂
aka @sgtken60 THE Grumpy Old Klingon
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.