February 6, 2019 at 9:00 pm #376943
- Real name: Jeffrey
- Age: 40
- Location: Champaign, IL (CMT)
- Characters: Cosima@rathemagius
- Account type: Lifetime
- Previous fleets:
- Why join the Mighty 44th? I played STO for a couple months when it first came out 9 years ago. At the time my interest wasn’t grabbed by it as there didn’t seem like there was much diversity in the content. Coming back to it earlier last month I was pleasantly surprised by how this game has thrived and grown, and by how much fun I was having playing it again. However with 9 years of new content I was quickly overwhelmed, so I went online and started searching for guides as to what I should, or could, be doing.
The first one that grabbed my eye and I’ve constantly gone back to in the last few weeks was the 44th Fleet’s Beginners Tips and Tricks. Not only did it help greatly, but the content and tone were written in such a friendly and inviting way I started looking at more of the pages on this site. As a casual player who prefers soloing much of the time, I was concerned at first I wouldn’t be able to find a fleet which would accept such a player and allow me to experience the game content a fleet offers. However reading through these pages it seems clear the 44th is one such fleet that would accept my kind of player. I’m quite impressed with what I’ve read of this group through these pages and wish to find out firsthand if the 44th would be a good fit for me, and I a good fit for them.
- Tell us about yourself: I’m a fan of playing MMOs and have been since Everquest first came out. My tastes run the full spectrum of genres, though horror is one I tend to avoid (much like my taste in movies). I work as a video game writer, though sadly not on MMO games. Recently I’ve rekindled my love the of the Star Trek universe by rewatching The Next Generation and am finally getting around to binging Deep Space 9, hence why I decided to give STO another try. Other than that, I’m a pretty laid back person who can be social at times though doesn’t particularly seek out social situations. I like to see what I’m capable of on my own in games, though am not afraid to ask for help nor offer it to those in need. In general I’m just looking for something fun to play and this certainly has been hitting that mark.
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @rathemagiusFebruary 6, 2019 at 1:28 am #376951PhoenixVice-Admiral
Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th! You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
aka @phoenix#6622February 6, 2019 at 3:55 am #376961MarcaseAdmiral (reserve)
Hello Jeffrey, welcome aboard.
Thanks for your glowing review of the 44th FAQ; if you have any additional questions or comments regarding it do let us know how to improve it, it’s a neverending work in progress – kind of like STO ;).
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."February 6, 2019 at 3:18 pm #378304
Thank you so much, not only for the approval but for maintaining the information on the site. If I have any ideas I’ll let you know!
aka @rathemagiusFebruary 6, 2019 at 6:25 pm #378317SargonFleet Admiral
Welcome aboard!February 7, 2019 at 3:54 pm #378595
Thank you, Sargon!
aka @rathemagiusFebruary 7, 2019 at 5:33 pm #378606Akula2045Fleet Admiral
aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120, @ppentaquark1938#8450
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.