Application for baldrick8

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for baldrick8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    baldrick8
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: T’Pel@baldrick8 (Fed Sci AoY recruit)
    • Account type: Silver
    • Previous fleets: Forgot the name (they renamed twice in the meantime). A tertiary fleet of some german fleet that downsized. Plus I hadn’t played that toon for quite some time.
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I’ve seen you guys replying in a very open, friendly and relaxed manner to people looking for fleets on reddit. You made a very sympathetic impression on me. Plus, you seem to be casual friendly, which is a requirement for me.
    • Tell us about yourself: Hello staff,
      I’m a german guy of advanced middle age, with real life responsibilities and a full time job, thus the need for casual friendliness. I’m therefore not comfortable with obligations to attend fleet events/missions for obvious reasons but I’m willing to help out others when asked and possible.
      I’m playing STO since some time before LoR came out (might have been 2012 or ’13 even), so I’m familiar with the basics. The character I’m applying with, T’Pel, is my AoY recruit I never got to finish back then. It’s my secondary character. My main is still in the german fleet from back when. Should they deteriorate further, I might ask for transfer here.Those are all the relevant facts. I hereby kindly ask to be considered for membership in the 44th Fleet. Please don’t hesitate to ask any further questions, should you have any.
      Best regards
      baldrick8
    • Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by baldrick8.

@baldrick8

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Hi Gerd,

Thank you for your interest in joining the 44th Fleet.  To be frank, everything with your application sounds great except for the part where you mentioned keeping your main character with your German fleet.  The 44th is a casual fleet and it sounds like you would fit right in.  However, we do not allow multi-fleeting.  We ask all of our members to commit to this rule when they join.

We understand that leaving a fleet can be a difficult decision, and we encourage you to take whatever time you need to decide.  Again, thank you for your interest in the 44th and we will respect whichever decision you come to.

Most Sincerely,

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

i should also mention that we do have a fair number of European members, so if that’s the hangup, chances are that you wouldn’t be lonely.

also: we never have mandatory anything, really. play when you want, and if someone’s around who you want to fly with, do so or not. it’s up to you, and it’s all cool one way or the other.

baldrick8
    Fleet Member

Hi Akula,

thanks for replying so quickly. I wouldn’t have a problem transfering my main even now actually.

One question though:

I’ve got some fleet credits on this toons bank account – what will happen to them? Do they transfer with me or are they gone?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven’t fleet-transferred before.

I’d be grateful if you could clarify this point.

Best

@baldrick8

baldrick8
    Fleet Member

i should also mention that we do have a fair number of European members, so if that’s the hangup, chances are that you wouldn’t be lonely. also: we never have mandatory anything, really. play when you want, and if someone’s around who you want to fly with, do so or not. it’s up to you, and it’s all cool one way or another

Cool, thanks!

@baldrick8

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

consider fleet credits a currency. they’re yours and will still be yours regardless of what fleet you got them from or what fleet you’re currently in, until you spend them on something.

from https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Credit

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by BreakingForce.
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Awesome to hear!  As for your Fleet Credits, they stay with you wherever you go.

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).

Need some help with STO ? Check out our FAQ, starting ship builds and mechanics guide to help you on your way.

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard!

baldrick8
    Fleet Member

Many thanks BreakingForce. In that case I submit a request for transfer to the 44th for the following officers:

Main: Oswald_von_Markenhain@baldrick8 (not sure about the underscore… sorry)

Alt: T’Pel@baldrick8

Any limit to the number of alts? I got some others (<5), currently inactive, that I might change my mind about in the future.

@baldrick8

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

negative. we have no limit on the number of alts we’ll accept :D. the one limit we do have is this: once you hit commander (after 6 weeks with us), we limit members to having 2 characters in 44th Fleet, and 3 in 44th Delta Fleet. because those are our more populous and well-developed fleets (shiny stuff in the fleet stores, etc.), and STO limits fleets to having 500 members. we’re very close to that limit in both of those fleets pretty much constantly. 44th Gamma Fleet (where you’ll be for your first 6 weeks with us) is much newer, and is less developed, but has much more room. so we’ll take all your alts (within reason. not like..25 alts heh).

all that is, of course, assuming you’re on Fed. if you’re KDF, 44th Assault Squadron will take all of your alts (again, within reason :D).

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

We have room for your alts.  When you are ready, list them here, we will make sure they receive invites.  You can also ask for invites in the 44th-diplo channel.

Akula

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Wilkommen !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

baldrick8
    Fleet Member

Wilkommen !

Danke schön!

@baldrick8

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Marcase is one of those European members i mentioned :D. He’s Dutch.

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome aboard!

aka @phoenix#6622

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.