Anti-Fraud Measures and the exchange

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Anti-Fraud Measures and the exchange

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

This was posted on the STO news:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11102143-updates-to-anti-fraud-measures

I think this might make things more expensive on the exchange, due to fewer items being available for sale at a given time, at least until the cooldown expires on the items. Specially those who buy to sell may probably have longer cooldowns.

I’m not sure whether I am overthinking this or not.

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Hopefully it goes the other way. People will have less EC because they couldn’t sell keys/r&d packs so prices of items (ships for example) will go down because it won’t sell well/as quickly as seller imagined. All in all, good thing they are trying to do something about gold sellers – they are really annoying.

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Ah, that is something I didn’t consider. I’m space poor right now 😛 so that sounds good.

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Items with cooldown could go up in price as you said – master keys, r&d boxes. No idea what impact will that have on the game’s economy.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Yeah, I really dislike Gold-sellers, I have quit games because of heavy bombard of text from them. I have not seen that many on STO (Bet I just cursed myself – LoL) but I am glad they are taking steps reduce them.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Dr Neir
    Fleet Member

waiting to see, I cringe when games go into this. Historically it hasnt be that good.

If they mess with the keys, this will hurt their sales, also this makes me think its less a gold-seller problem rather than a small gain money push. I havent seen spam in some time, I havent be up on the gold-seller/item markets for STO so that is unknown to me. As for many many games I have played over the years, this game has been low as for spam, hacks and other means.

I wish them luck, but I think they could be shooting themselves in the foot depending on what “this” plan is doing to items.

I am not cool with limited cool down to forever bind anything….

aka @dr_neir

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Key prices may spike for a week or two but will stabilize. It’s just a week long hold before you can sell them.

Also, it will shift the availability of special promotion packs such as the infinity r&d packs. It may help lower the price a small bit on such items. Think of it, a whole lot of people will buy them and they will drop them on the exchange after the cooldown period all at once, encouraging competition to sell them fast. Fast sales mean cheaper sales.

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Just a Heads up that ambassadorkael has clarified a bit, its a system that ONLY affects accounts marked as suspect

Heads up folks: This is an update to a system most of you have likely never seen. It just means that if your account is flagged for suspicious activity, items you purchase will be account bound for a limited time, instead of how it used to be, forever.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1247446/updates-to-anti-fraud-measures

So hopefully it will not effect anything as the system has already been in place.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.