44th Fleet Foundry Mission

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck 44th Fleet Foundry Mission

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Great idea and initiative! 🙂

For this or future mission, I suggest U.S.S. InDubioVeritas or NPC character Tyler Durden in respect to our former fleet member David, who passed away last year.

I also think this is great opportunity to expand 44th’s lore. We have some history written on our website but there are no details so this could be counted as canon if everyone will agree.

Looking forward to play this mission and find those easter eggs,hehe. I also have an idea for one if it is not too late, or maybe in the next episode. It is an internal joke that could be really great to see. ^^ I can send you a pm about it.

If there is anything else you need, let us know.

Next on menu: Batman vs. Superman story aka Marcase vs. Sargon 🙂

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Well, when ever Foundry is available after the 11.5 release, I can add a few more details to it since you just mentioned a couple things that I would gladly add.

So please, I would love those details.

A. Info about Tyler Durden and what the U.S.S. InDubioVeritas looks like or what his NPC Character looks like, if at all possible. From there I can figure out his role and where I can place him. Maybe have him as a NPC character on board the Necheyev/44th Flagship with extra details on the 44th Fleet. Which ever you think would be preferred to provide. (I already have these details of the 44th Fleet added: Everything in ‘About Us’ drop down menu, the About Us, Our History and 44th Charter, except Rules and Regulations. And both Federation and Klingon Armadas of the 44th. That’s about it.)

Unless you can think of a small conversation that the player will have with Tyler Durden, something Tyler would say and what the player would say in response or in reply. (Sadly must state that replies are very character limited. But I have made it where, in two conversations, one with Phoenix and other with Soolin, that there are 2-3 reply buttons that are ‘extended replies’ but all lead to the same next dialogue text. So meh.)

B. I was going to add more to the Database on the 44th Fleet but didn’t get around to it as I stayed up until 2:30 am xD, wanted to get as much additional content in before the 11.5 Release. So, whatever Lore you would like to add, please let me know!

C. Please do tell me this idea of easter egg. I can either replace one of the easter eggs (I ran out of ideas and one of them is kinda silly, kinda not, but that’s okay.) Or add it in and say, oh there’s 7 Easter Eggs, and only ONE map has TWO. Good luck 😀

So please, throw the PM at me with the requested info 😀 And when ever the Foundry is available, I will add these additions before publishing 🙂

Yup, I made this 😛

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I’m really excited to check this out and see what you have created. Once I escape work in the evening I’ll make a foundry visit a priority during my STO night run.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

The 7th Fleet has a mission like this. It was a top foundry mission around K-7. I think it’s title 7th Fleet Intro or something, if you want to explore ideas some more.

But I’m all for the project and would be happy to contribute any info if you need another body for the mission.

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Well at the moment, Foundry is closed off until they iron out 11.5, so that may not be until next week, go figure. Thus I can’t get into it and add anymore details.

Damix has already provided me a couple of things I can add. I decided to have the ship, USS InDubioVeritas just appear in along with the rest of the 44th Fleet near the Galiant. Maybe leave a historical note of such ship in the Database when the player pulls up the 44th Fleet history on the Necheyev. Something of, Honored Officers or something like that. And mention that the Player who was in 44th Fleet, that played Tyler Durden and commanded the USS InDubioVeritas is a fallen officer who will never be forgotten. I mean, as long as this Foundry mission stays published and is played a lot, never will be.

And of course the other funny easter egg he mentioned, hehe. I have to figure a way to incorporate it because I’m not 100% sure if the Foundry has it. But I could make something up. Hopefully.

So whatever you have in mind, PM it to me and I’ll see what I can do, surely I’ll add it to the list of additions for the 44th Fleet Foundry Mission before it gets published.

Yup, I made this 😛

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Interesting. I look forward to running this! I once tried the foundry as well also never got it done well.

Ooorah 44! 😎

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

THE 44th FLEET FOUNDRY MISSION HAS BEEN PUBLISHED!!!

Published a dozen times actually. For some reason I can only find typos and errors while I actually play the mission…. Like how I can only see typos and errors AFTER I post, lol. So I had to re-publish so many times while I slowly played through the mission myself.

But the mission is now up!! Just go to the Foundry and search for ’44th’. It should show up very easily. If it does not appear, it might take a bit for it to appear to you guys whereas it appeared right away for me.

Anyways.

SEVEN EASTER EGGS ARE IN THE GAME!! 6 were originally created by me, 1 was added due to a suggestion by Damix :P.

Also the USS InDubioVeritas is also there, appearing directly behind the Galiant. Plus there is a Honored Members section once you access the Necheyev’s database on the 44th Fleet on the Necheyev’s Bridge.

Marcase, feel free to take it away on the Easter Egg hunt 😛

Yup, I made this 😛

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Will boldly go after the patch has gone live 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Tried to play, but no variant of 44th I searched yielded a result of the mission. Mybe after the patch.

If there’s going to be an easter egg finding event, I still have a bunch of prizes sitting in my bank I would be happy to transfer. Mirror ships, some traits, superior techs, and universal consoles are all just gathering dust lol.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

I wouldn’t mind some Mirror Ships xD. I just never really tried to open a whole lot of lock boxes really, just couldn’t really do it, plus the 500 zen allowance a month just some times isn’t enough.

But yeah, it might not be up quite yet. I only found it because I searched for it in the Review Content, since I have signed up to review new content that way but yeah, could take a bit.

Yup, I made this 😛

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Played through the mission, it was pretty good overall. I forgot to rate and tip, but I’ll play through again sometime. Minus a few minor errors, like Captain Phoenix saying that he “was inticed to see you” when it should say “excited”, the text was good. Though even on elite difficulty I melted the npcs in space, so I could have taken on that fleet without the mighty 44th’s help lol.

I guess I was expecting a few more nods to the fleet members. Maybe an Admiral Latinumbar, Senseikreiger, or Blackout. I’m really not sure how the foundry works so I’m sure things are limited. The nod to Tyler Durden was good to see. Loved the stroll through the Belfast interior. A few of the target zones are too small, as in easy to overshoot or move out of.

It definitely felt like an episode of Trek, and I like how I was told by Admiral Marcase, however politely, to hit the road as I’m not a member of the 44th. If you’re going to do a series, I highly suggest some Borg bashing. That’s pretty much the bread and butter of the 44th, at least ever since I’ve been a member.

I’ll send a better tip via mail, good work!

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Guess I still got some typos to do and at the moment I went with Klingons because there is no level restriction. If I went with borg, no one below level…40 something i think, would be able to play it until they reach that level. Suppose it wouldnt matter but in a sense we’re hitting all level bases for a ‘fleet ad’ sort to speak,right?

I left it open for anyone to throw their characters or ships in if they like, so far all I had was Marcase, as Soolin for the Fleet Adm of course, and USS Amsterdam. Good thing about Foundry missions is you can withdraw them to prevent people from playing them while making changes or make the changes while it is still up and publish it, thus the changes will eventually override the older version. So if typos to fix yeah, if other fleeties want to throw their ship/character in there some where, can figure something out. If more ship, then the KDF force will be larger lol…otherwise it would look like an invasion xP.

They dont have a duplicate option, as far as I am aware of, to duplicate an entire mission…but if I could, I would make an elite version of this with the Borg instead of the Klingons and try to mix it up a little.

And i would wait till Marcase brings up the easter egg hunt, this way when you play it again, you can join the fun. I dont know if pictures are necessary but either way, Marcase has an idea for the reward and all that jazz, my only part in the hunt quest is to figure out which TWO of the SEVEN easter eggs will lead to future missions :P.

Other than that, I appreciate the input, I will see about expanding the target zones and see if maybe I can change it up a bit because some elements were not working unless I had something the player interact with in order to make it work right and i dont know. I know there are ways to make it better but eh.

But for now I may not be able to mess with it for a bit until I get home, i am at a hotel provided by the MEPS, woot, and if everything goes according to plan, I will be shipped out to training in two-three weeks. So I may not even be able to work on the two future missions, since I havent even started lol. Working on foundry missions take a lot out of ya.

Yup, I made this 😛

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Come to find out, for anyone who may have been having trouble finding it or haven’t played it… I just noticed that the 44th Fleet Foundry Mission I made is still in Review Content and only 1 person has played it so far since its been made. I figured some people outside of the fleet would of taken notice but guess not.

So if anyone here is reviewing content for Foundry, just search 44th and you should find it easily.

EDIT:

I renamed it to – Galiant Under Siege. As it was suggested to try and get peoples attention with a different name than ’44th Fleet’ as the Mission Title 😛

Yup, I made this 😛

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

You can still find it under “44th” (for the lazy folks like me) 😎

[attachment=0:trd3udr4]foundry 44th.JPG[/attachment:trd3udr4]

Ground map was a mess! 😀 So much damage; engineers are going to love you patching that all up. That engineering part was nicely done btw.

[attachment=2:trd3udr4]galiant1.jpg[/attachment:trd3udr4]

[attachment=1:trd3udr4]galiant2.jpg[/attachment:trd3udr4]

I liked that you included the 44th history. Well done.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Now to find the 7 Easter Eggs 😛 lol once it is available to the public.

Edit: Not sure how you got confused with the ship names, the names were all right on their respective vessels when they arrived to ‘rescue’ the Galiant. Mouse over the ship usually does it. That’s really the only way they have it in the game as far as I’m aware of, or usable in the Foundry.

Edit 2: Also decided to work on another Foundry mission but none of which involves two of the easter eggs. Just something more Original Series aspect.

Yup, I made this 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.