Will there be a 44th Armada?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Will there be a 44th Armada?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Admiral_AH1
    Fleet Member

With the release of 10.5 comes Armadas, a group which can unite fleets under one banner. This seems like the perfect opportunity to unite our fleets in a way beyond name alone. I’m not sure if KDF and FED fleets can be in the same armada though, but even so, we would be able to have the Delta Fleet and Main Fleet together in a way that still upholds the capacity of both to work as intended.

Just curious if this was in the books?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

If you look at the Armada tab now, you will see that 44th Main and Delta are linked already. The probation cool-down should be done by Saturday (~8hours after this post date/time). So we already have a 44th Armada, and we will be able to donate to projects cross-fleet (main -> Delta and back) this weekend.

There are some potential like-minded fleets out there, so we’ll probably link up with some others after the coming weekend. Some fleet’s are very aggressive (“JOIN US, NOW!!!!”) and those will be skipped immediately. I have disabled auto-invites for now so we won’t be hassled for a while.

Looking at the Fleet Research projects, I think we can pretty much fill those on our own, on all fleets, so we won’t be needing other fleets help with that. However, it will be inevitable to join an Armada for the Armada bonuses (see other post).

I’m more and more leaning to our 44th Fleet becoming a Beta and our 44th Delta becoming a Gamma and sticking together, looking at the rewards and stats. It does irk me a little that our 44th Main would be a ‘second tier’ fleet to some alpha fleet which may be much smaller than ours, but we’re going to join for the marbles and not top dog position (for now…).

I’m a bit annoyed by the sometimes ridiculous administration demands that some Armada’s require; weekly meetings/assemblies and helping setting up a joint website is not in our interest. I have no intention for having you guys turn up for ‘formal introduction days’ and such. Nuts.

We’ll find a proper Armada that will cater to our own needs, I have no fear that we’ll miss out on ‘good’ fleets just because we’re giving it a few days.

Btw there’s an unsubtantiated rumor going around (twitter/chat) that Fed and KDF may (rpt; may) join/ally themselves with eachother.

To be continued.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

CaptRedbeard
    Fleet Member

Yeah, they’ve been saying stuff about cross-faction alliances through the Armada system on Twitter. At least they’re trying, and it’d be pretty nice to see it happen.
    I agree though, after a little trial period, being alligned with bigger fleets could be beneficial to us.

Also, I’ve a question, are we allowed to use the Armada chat to find team members, etc? I just think it’d be easier to switch chats like that. (/chan armada)

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Sure you’re allowed to use the Armada channel; no restrictions.

Minor update, we have an additional Beta fleet in our little 44th Armada (for the life of me I can’t remember their name), it’s a 38-member fleet belonging to our fleet mate @Rysaber. We don’t encourage multi-fleeting, but we made an exception for this small friend and family fleet.

However, their fleet only allows dilithium donations, but the 44th is restricted to donate outside the armada. We need the scarce dilithium for our own projects, so I prefer if you donate some we keep it within the fleet. Except for the dili, we have no further restrictions on incoming or outgoing armada donations.
    I will discuss this with Rysaber because if we don’t donate dili and they only accept dili contributions… well, we’re going nowhere this way.

I’ve had some contact with Naw’Tem, the KDF Armada of Access Denied, and our KDF might (rpt: might) join their Armada as a lower tier (Beta/Gamma).

Also, if you guys happen to speak with other fleets, you can proudly say that the 44th Fleet and KDF 44th Assault Squadron are both Level 47, which is the max fleet level.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Xargh@bdunaway67
    Fleet Member

Now that delta is part of the 44th armada, will delta members be able to purchase gear from the main 44th fleet? I don’t mind being in delta as it provides a much better opportunity for acquiring fleet cred but would obviously like to also have access to 44th’s more fleshed out amenities. 🙂

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Xargh, you have been promoted to LT today so I suggest you switch to main fleet now. It offers dilithium discount for things you purchase with dil thanks to T3 Spire and access to all fleet gear currently available. From main fleet you can donate to Delta or ESA thanks to Armada system so you can accumulate enough Fleet Credit.

But if you want to remain in Delta, you can ask for fleet map invite to main fleets holding which gives you access to main fleet stores. But Delta has limited number of provisions so being in main is best option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.