Website Slowness

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Engineering Website Slowness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    palcioz
    Chief Engineer

We’re experiencing some unusually high levels of packet loss with our hosting provider. I have an open ticket with them, and they’ll hopefully get this fixed before too long. Assuming that the problem is isolated to our particular machine, it would be pretty straightforward to switch the site to another machine if necessary.

Expect the site to be a bit slow/flakey until I get this resolved.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Not noticing any real slowness on my end, but thanks for getting on top of that. Anything we can do, let us know.

If we need to start cleaning out old posts/pictures etc, we can do that.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Veratisu
    Commodore

Could explain some of the issues I was having yesterday.

palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Apparently, somebody was using vulnerable hosts to launch DDoS attacks. Our particular host isn’t involved, but the attack was clogging up the network in the data center. If you’re curious, see this incident report for details. Their temporary fix of blocking certain ports seems to have cleared things up.

We still have plenty of disk space. Unless we start hosting our own videos or something like that, I don’t anticipate running out.

If you’ve been experiencing intermittent issues before last night, that was probably because I’ve been adding some new functionality (eg, the fleet roster under “About Us” and the character list on your profile) to the website over the past month or so. My apologies for any disruptions — any disruptions should hopefully be fixed pretty quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.