TOS/AoY Recruit Event Date Confirmed

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck TOS/AoY Recruit Event Date Confirmed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    horridperson
    Fleet Member

Get out your red shirts 😀!  My favorite thing is starting a new captain, and TOS is special to me in spite of the hokey foam boulders.

It looks like the event is slated to roll out in time for the 55th anniversary of Trek.  September 8th.  I am looking forward to a brand new captain.  My ship is sitting in the bank waiting to be cracked, I’ve tested some classic mirror uniforms on an existing TOS captain and the evil 😈  I.S.S. Resolution will be making the journey from 1 to 65 shortly.

Hopefully other fleeties are as excited as I am.  If there is anyone new to the fleet and game I’d be happy to play a bit with you as we cruise up the ranks and if anyone is an old hand who fancies some TOS goodness we can do the same but you can carry my ass 😉.

I find a new captain from the ground up gives you a great opportunity to learn the game basics without all the bells, whistles, and WMDs you will inherit in the end game.  Post up if you are considering having some fun with the recruiting event 😄!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by horridperson.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Oh dear, more mouths to feed…😋

I’m thinking of rolling a classic TOS Vulcan, either a Saavik or Valeris.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Caio777
    Fleet Member

I would like to.  I had never seen TOS, and I’m seeing it now.  I’m in episode 5 of the first season.  I want to see everything from TOS first, then play here at STO.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Awesome!  The event isn’t until next month so you should have plenty of time 😀 !

Caio777
    Fleet Member

😊👆👍

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

If you can also see The Wrath of Khan movie – besides a dynamite story, it’s a great TOS visual guide for STO, plus it has a great space battle.

Caio777
    Fleet Member

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Good idea Marcase. I will try to see all these series and the movie. It is the first time im seeing Star Trek and im loving it 🥰</p>

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Caio777.
    horridperson
    Fleet Member

WoK is a great story with roots in the TOS episode, “Space Seed”.  If I had to pick one other from the original films as a standout it has to be “Undiscovered Country”.  They managed to build on a political thriller and showcase the Klingons.  Good stuff!

MrIncredible
    Fleet Member

Nobody is mentioning The Trouble with Tribbles!?!  Easily as quintessential as Wrath of Kahn!  ;p

I’m glad you’re enjoying the series, Caio.  My son and I are going through the original TV series again right now, too.  Good memories.

aka @Zoroaster111#12448

Caio777
    Fleet Member

Yes, im realy enjoying. I am doing what I can yo see all episodes before september 8. 🏃🏃🏃😊

horridperson
    Fleet Member

It’s been about a week since the last update on the thread and the event is drawing closer.  I’ve finished gathering my, “captain’s care package”  for my recruit.  This is a normal practice, although the box ship is an indulgence and not the norm.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Post up if you are considering having some fun with the recruiting event !

I am playing to make a Andorian based off this “Lady” – https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Pava_Ek%27Noor_sh%27Aqabaa

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Another check in 😀.  How is the 23rd treating you 44th?  Unfortunately I’m on my shift rotation so it’s a quick check in to push the event for free dilithium, and  give my favorite captains a breeze through.

I did initiate Mirror T’Ara and managed to instill a vague resemblance to Prime T’Ara but she still requires some fine tuning and a Mirror TOS  wardrobe makeover.

I may play briefly this morning or Friday morning but things likely won’t be ratcheting up until Saturday morning.  If no one want or is able to play the intro I’m still up for a hang out at K-13 and TOS adventures.  Hopefully the K-13 in Fed neighborhoods looks nicer than the Klingon Honour Guard one.  What a dump!  There is debris everywhere and I threw out a stack of  financial reports with all the pages stuck together 🤮.  Filthy Madran!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

So I was clearing out one of the stasis cells and I found… A toe.

I put it aside in a special container. Now that container is missing.

Note to galley: do not serve that “special” soup you had planned for lunch.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.