Tin Foil Hats – Temporal Edition

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Tin Foil Hats – Temporal Edition

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim44305
    Fleet Member

Over the past few months I’ve heard a good many discussions about what everyone would like the next playable species to be and why. I’ve thrown my thoughts into a couple of chats on the subject as well. But Cryptic has kept mum on the topic. I actually can’t recall them even saying there will be another playable species for that matter (I may be wrong here so if anyone has proof from an interview or something to the contrary please let me know). This got me thinking. We know there’s an expansion in the works. So it’s likely we’ll see some big additions and changes to the game. What if they don’t add a new species/faction? What if instead they add a fourth class?

Stick with me on this one. Something along the lines of a Temporal Agent class. A whole new set of skills to play with along with a new group of Captain abilities. They really needn’t add in a new class of ship since we already have all bases covered in the ship types we have now. Like the Temporal Agents Philip Crey, Kail, and Q’on who don’t zip around in fancy time ships, neither would we. We’d more or less be contacts in our time for our respective temporal agencies.

With all of the focus on time and it’s recent importance in Star Trek Online, I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like this happen. Making a unique story arc for starting temporal agents would be great to see. Much like when a Romulan Republic character is made they have a unique story arc. The addition of the new class skill tree would also be a great time to roll out the skill tree revamp that they’ve been saying is coming.

Just spitballing to strike up some conversation. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Interesting idea.

However I don’t see how Cryptic could make any money out of ship-starved toons. Ships are their big selling point as they need to be filled with all kinds of shiny (upgraded) kit, so I expect even more new ships (or variants/improvements of current ones like T-6U).

But a form of Temporal Agent class isn’t so far fetched; perhaps a variant of the previous Delta Recruit which can similarly be slotted in fairly easily into the current episode trees and Specs, and without major changes or upsetting the balance.
    Then again, we already ‘are’ Temporal Agents in the current story arc, zipping across timelines and witnessing ‘historic’ events. So that ship has sailed, so to speak.

Perhaps a new specialization will be added, considering Admiralty has us spec points bursting out of our ears – though a turn-in system for choice-of-marks would be nice too.

I vaguely recall a Priority One interview with Capt. Geko where he mentioned a possible new race – he was notoriously tight-lipped about that, as was Exec Producer Steven Ricossa when asked the same question. I remember it because Geko was very clear the new race would *not* be Cardassian, since he was unsure about the Cardies status in the current STO universe.
    A Cardie ‘rebuilding arc’ would be too much of a replay of the Romulan Arc.

I’m putting my private stash of Romulan Ale on a new Mirror Universe character.
    A Mirror Universe alt crossing over to our universe could still do ‘mirror universe’ side-quests without needing a rewrite of the current Episodes – similar to the Delta Recruit – and could use prime universe ships etc.

my 2 cents 😎

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

horridperson
    Fleet Member

They marketed the mirror outfits already so I can’t see them giving up the mirror dressing for free with a mirror storyline. The people who spent their lobi would explode and the forums would become a burning crucible of butt hurt protestations (likely more burning than usual 🙂 ).

I’ve made my snarky quip but I’ll need some time to think about that one. I remember babbling a bit about this on ingame chat but our conversations are harder to recall when they aren’t well documented like here. I know there was something I wanted but I just can’t recall. I know I wished for mirror but the uniform sale pretty much kiboshed that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.