Tier 5 Starship Mastery

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Tier 5 Starship Mastery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Civayic
    Fleet Member

Okay, I have a question someone asked me and I was, like, I never thought of that…

When you reach Tier 5 starship mastery, with ships that HAVE such a tier, it unlocks a starship trait that you can slot and fly any ship with.

What if you continue to fly that same ship, or any ship with tier 5 completed? Is that starship trait active if you fly that ship, or do you still have to slot the trait to get it?

For example, if I fly the Zahl Heavy Destroyer that gives you the ‘Invincible’ starship trait (at least, I think that’s where it comes from), do I still get ‘Invincible’ if I do not slot the starship trait on my captain’s menu?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

When you unlock the Tier 6 ship trait, it is added to your available traits for that character – so you can use it on ALL your future ship builds. In this case you can add Invincible (congrats getting that btw) to your character’s trait even if you fly a shuttle, carrier or transport next.
    Even if you dismiss/mothball that ship, the unlocked Tier 6 ship-trait remains available to your character. Note that these are not account bound, so you have to level that same Tier 6 ship on your alternate characters (if any) to unlock it for them.

Collecting T-6 Ship traits is one of the key ‘games’ for top tier DPS chasers, and many of us buy ships just for a specific trait.

Tier 1-5 ship traits are specific ship-type only and do not save or carry-over.

Example of my traits

Besides from Tier 6 ships, you can find additional ship and ground traits on the exchange, unlock it via Reputations and as a reward from certain episodes.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Civayic
    Fleet Member

Wow, you were RIGHT on that! Lol. And, yes, I understand what you said, but I don’t think you realized what exactly I was asking. Either that, or I didn’t interpret your answer correctly. So, maybe some simplification…

I unlock ‘Invincible’ on the Zahl, but do NOT slot the starship trait. I continue flying the Zahl. Is Invincible still active because I am flying the ship that unlocked it, or do I HAVE to slot it on my captain to use it?

Hopefully that makes my query clearer. Thank you for the reply, by the way…

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

You have to slot the trait for it to be active. At a time, you can only have 4(+1=5, if you buy the 5th slot from fleet) traits active.

That is why, making sure you have the right combination of traits suitable to your playstyle and ship slotted is important. For example, if you have a trait that reduces torpedo reload cooldowns, but don’t have torpedoes on your ship, then that trait is wasted.

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Aaaah I got you now.

No, traits not slotted will not be active.

The only exception are passive traits from your unlocked Reputations.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.