Thanks and the Jem'Hadar

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Thanks and the Jem'Hadar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well I at work again, and I thought I would make a posting about of all things —— the Jem’Hadar!! See when I first started STO, I saw the Jem’Hadar and the “Level 60 Warning”, so tried some others instead. And while I really enjoyed my Romulan-Alien.

I got to say, for me my Jem’Hadar has been so much more fun, maybe because you all have helped me with pointers, etc. especially Marcase, or it is because my thick head is starting (just starting) to understand parts of this wonderful game. I really enjoy zipping round in that little “bug ship” blasting the mobs, I finish the Jem’Hadar Story Arch – Yea save the Founders this morning and started the KDF Hunt for the Fed Spy, done some TFO including the new one.

So I am hoping this payday (depending on bills) to able to drop 20 bucks into the game and get the Elite Services Starter Pack, and maybe the Jem’Hadar Vanguard.

Or maybe just save the rest, next to figure out is R&D so more reading for me. I hope you are having a wonderful day, and I hope the servers come back up an hour early.

Thanks again all 07

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

An option you could consider is saving up and getting the lifetime subscription when its on sale. That will give you a lot of benefits like a T5U and T6 ship per character, inventory and bank slots, increase to EC caps etc, plus 500 zen per month. That along with dilithium farming to earn more zen, will probably work out in the long run.

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

@Shohom, I would love to get the lifetime, but my wife just got out of the hospital last month. So we have those bills rolling in, so it is easier to spend $20 now for me.

I hoping someday I can go lifetime, but for now its got to be 20.00.

Shohom
    Fleet Member

I hope your wife is doing well, and my best wishes for her good health and yours. Take care Ken. Family first 🙂

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

She is, but it is one of those worries since it be with her for life now, so that is always back of you mind, it sucks getting older.  And thank you for your well wishes

🙂

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well I got the Elite Services Starter Pack, and instead of the Jem’Hadar Vanguard, I bought the one of the other races I was interested in the Caitian (I still can remember the Star Trek Cartoon – M’Ress and her purring talk LOL).

My reason for not getting the Vanguard was my own concern for my Jem’Hadar, getting push to the side. And I really, really am enjoying my Jem’Hadar and his little Bug-Ship, I am doing stuff with him and his crew that I have never tried before and I got the little bug ship all studied up heck I have even starting doing TFO’s  and Foundry with him – I did this one TFO this morning (under the do a random) where we took on the I.S.S. and their version of DS9 (I think I was the smallest Player ship there – LOL) and lot of the Pahvo Dissension.

So my question is I am up to the Mission: Lost and Found, I when I tried doing this quest line with my Romulan he got his butt handed to him a lot, so how does the Bug Ship and a JH Engineer do facing the True Way?

My build is the standard Jem’Hadar Engineer build, and the ship does not have the Quantum Torpedoes on it, but I am still using the Polaron Dual Cannons replace the Torps with Polaron beam arrays. Using my R&D I improved the Dual Cannons to XIII, saving up to do the same to the arrays. The rest of her gear is standard, except for the Red Matter Capacitor that I got out of a Phoenix Prize Pack.

I will try posting the build after I get home.

And thanks for having this old lone wolf in the fleet I have been here almost a month, I know I do not say much in chat, I just watch and pick up on the info you all place there. It been harder than I thought it would be getting out of the habit of being a lone wolf, I guess when you play the same way  for as many years like I have it is just hard to break.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by SgtKen60.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Can you elaborate on “standard”, the kit the ship came with ?
    The NPC Roms do a lot of DoT (dmg over time) damage due to plasma burns, so hitting Hazard Emitters is a lifesaver.

Post your Bug ship build, you know we luv talking ships 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Yes I will, when I get home, I think I have figured out how to use the builder, wish there was a easy way to load your build into it. And @Marcase thanks for the friend request this morning (well morning for me). I wanted to join you all for the TFO you were getting ready to do, but it was too close to time for work.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Anytime, and no worries Ken. With the friend request you can see when I am/you are online, still figuring out your timezone, so just pm/contact me if you want to blow up stuff – in the finest tradition of the Federation, of course.^^

You can also just post a screenshot of your ships layout (consoles) and bridge officer setup and post it here on the forum. Default screencap key in STO is printscreen, or type /screenshot_ui in chat. You can find your picture in your Cryptic\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots folder.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Copy that, as far as blow things up. I had a player make a comment in a TFO, “He” was surprised how I would charge in with a 5U ship (my Red bug-ship), I tried to explain to him, has an ex-Navy Man I believe in taking my ship “in harm’s way”.

He called me a John Wayne, not sure if ‘”he” meant as an insult or not. LoL

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm’s way.

— <cite>John Paul Jones</cite>

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

That’s not charging in, that’s the trait “Leeeeroyyy Jenkinnnss”. Comes standard with every 44th fleetie. 🙂

That’s no moon
    Han what’shisface

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Yeah, I was just as bad for me in World of Warships. I would chase down the bot ships  – LoL

Here is the pictures as requested @Marcase https://imgur.com/a/3d3nBZh

Shohom
    Fleet Member

I’m no expert, but one thing I found repeatedly on the net was not to mix beams and cannons/turrets. The skills needed for one are useless for the other. Also, your Hur’q beacon works even if kept in your inventory, freeing up a device slot on your ship for batteries or subspace field modulator.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Posted and moved here https://startrek.44thfleet.com/forums/topic/khaeccux-sgtkens-jemhadars-bug-ship/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.