= Sunday Supplemental and State of The Fleet, December 27th 2020 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = Sunday Supplemental and State of The Fleet, December 27th 2020 =

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th! I hope the holiday season has been kind to you so far this year!

So, the 27th of December is the last Sunday of the year 2020. As such, this will be the last Sunday Supplemental for the year and I thought I would make it a special one by focusing mainly on the State of the Fleet.

Members In 2020

First up is a shout out to all who have joined in 2020! We have had 241 new members join the 44th in 2020! Thank you all for choosing the Mighty 44th during such a difficult year! I hope we’ve made 2020 a little bit better for you all by being that distraction you needed from real life.

Also, don’t forget to add a profile picture. The roster always looks so sad with just silhouettes. Anyway, as you can see your 44th Fleet is still very active with new members being added each week.

As you can see from the stats above, the 44th continues to be an active fleet with 897 active characters, 83 new characters created, 287 active accounts and 20 new accounts from Nov. 27th to Dec. 27th.

The Mighty 44th!

Below you can see the breakdown of the roster across all current fleets. As you can see the KDF fleet is pushing up against the 500 character limit for the first time. Yes…. we will probably be making a new KDF fleet soon. We haven’t finalized the details yet (no name), but new members with KDF toons will likely go there and we will be encouraging anyone who has any alts that don’t get a lot of love to swap to the new Fleet. We will likely have a Fleet naming contest and poll (like we did with Epsilon) once the new fleet becomes official. We will keep you updated.

Also, we still want more folks to move over from Gamma Fleet to the Main Fleet and Delta Fleet to some extent. This goes for any Commander (Fleet Rank) who doesn’t have two or more characters in the 44th Fleet (Main Fleet). And yes this also includes any of you new guys in Epsilon who have made Commander. The 44th Fleet isn’t an exclusive club. We are an inclusive club.

Breakdown of Holdings

As you can see from the image above, our fleet has maxed out the 44th Fleet, the 44th Assault Squadron and 44th Delta Fleet. 44th Gamma Fleet still needs a Tier V Starbase, which means it needs common duty officers of the Eng, Tac and Sci variety for projects. The goal is to finish 44th Gamma Fleet before we do a lot of work on 44th Epsilon’s Starbase, so please try to contribute to Gamma first. Obviously there won’t be a penalty if someone forgets and feeds their doffs to Epsilon as it still helps the 44th Fleet as a whole. As a reminder, you can contribute to other fleets via the Fleet button under the mini map > Armada tab > Holdings.

Speaking of Epsilon Fleet, it is at level 28 and has only been around since August 16th of this year! My thanks to everyone who has contributed! A special thanks to @James_Bellis who has made it to the top of almost all Epsilon’s leaderboards for contributions!

A Look Back on Some of 2020’s Fleet Events and Contests

“Corona Breakout” Fleet Gathering May 16th

Corona Breakout

44th Comfy Costume Contest (20th June 9pm UTC)

Comfy Costume Contest

Search for Soolin!

Soolin Made it Back May 24th

44th Discord Meme Contest

Link to the Memes

The Winning Meme

The 44th Epsilon Fleet’s Naming Contest

Names You Came Up With

I had my heart set on 44th Ugly Giant Bags of Mostly Water, but it was not to be

Fleet 2020 Halloween Costume Contest

Fleet 2020 Halloween Costume Contest Poll

Current Fleet Event – 44th Fleet Winter Costume Contest!

Don’t forget to enter into the 44th’s Winter costume contest this year! The prizes have had an upgrade from past years! See link below for details and rules. Contest ends Dec. 31st!

44th Fleet Winter Costume Contest

Just Some Other Things Happening in STO

A Thank You Upgrade

Be sure to claim your free stuff! This will be available to all players until Jan. 3rd!

Infinity Promo Packs Return

=Not Sponsored=

Also….the odds are not in your favor.

Link to full article Here

44th Fleet Sunday Speed Runs

Any fleeties need help with a particularly difficult mission? Or do you just need to speed run a mission a few times to get a full set for your build? Simply request a speed run in the 44th-diplo and we will get a group together to help you! Whether it be for farming drops or completing Endeavors, a team is only a request away!

O Captain! My Captain!

In the past the Admiralty has (and still does) nominate members for promotion to Captain. However, we can’t be everywhere all the time. In the 44th Fleet, the rank of Captain has generally been awarded as a “thank you” to fleet members who have gone above and beyond. This includes large contributions of dilithium, doffs, expertise, EC, etc. Or consistently helping other fleet members with missions or teaming up for TFOs. Crafting items for fleet members. Demonstrating unselfish generosity. Offering to help fleet members get their new alts into the fleet. Answering fleet members questions and trying to help out in general. Has been active in the fleet for several months. The list goes on and on……

So if any 44th Fleet member would like to nominate someone in the fleet that they believe really deserves the rank, feel free to contact myself or another member of the Admiralty (Commodore, Vice Admiral or Fleet Admiral) and let us know and we will look into it! 🙂

Us

I wanted to sneak this in before I wrapped up this Admittedly odd Sunday Supplemental / State of the Fleet hybrid. This is us. This is everyone who is listed as a fleet member on our website. Some are active but some don’t play STO anymore and / or have moved on. Whatever the case may be, if you are able to make it back into the game one day then you are more than welcome back in the 44th Fleet! Just not all at once…. if everyone comes back at once we will have to make like 2 new fleets just to hold everybody’s alts…lol

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Most Sincerely,

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

JJ
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Merry Christmas 44th and Happy New Year.

aka @jj_jiminey

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

A Happy New Year, best wishes to all my fleet mates wherever you are in the world.

I think I can say we’ve all had an “interesting” 2020 to say the least, but the Mighty 44th has been a rock steady group of players and friends throughout it all. It’s a little thing, but having this fleet has been a nice diversion to take our mind off of things if even for a little while.

Thank you all, admins, active or solo-ing members, for keeping the fleet alive for over a decade now. We’re still going strong, and that’s all because of YOU.

May the Great Bird of the Galaxy make it so, and bless you by dropping celestial matter on you for good luck.

Warp speed to all. 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Anukis
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thanks for this consolidated info, as ever.

Happy New Year, fleetmates and the very best wishes for 2021.

aka @Nubia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.