Sunday Supplemental #8

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #8

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Welcome to the 8th Sunday Supplemental for 8-30-2020.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@compuguy99 (aka @awsome665), @nateyknox#3854 (Still need a character name so we can invite you sir), @piett777, @drewzilla904, @ahappystarfish,

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th!

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

Fleet Housekeeping

I’m pleased to announce that the armada shakeup is now complete. In about 24 hours from now everyone’s probation period should be up. I really appreciate everyone’s help and also patience through this shakeup. See current Armada status below.

I would also like to welcome Honeybadgers to the Armada! They are replacing “Kleine geschlechtslose Pelztiere” (Little genderless furry animals).

Unfortunately Kleine geschlechtslose Pelztiere have become very inactive. So inactive in fact that there isn’t anyone around to accept an Armada re invite. We have spent about a month trying to contact their members to let them know we were doing a shakeup, but no one was home. After speaking with our newest Beta Fleet ‘Dragon’s Lair’ about the situation and with Honeybadger’s interest in joining our Armada it just made sense. And if we hear anything from Kleine geschlechtslose Pelztiere, we will of course help them in whatever way we can at that time.

We will be updating our Armada page here on the forums to reflect all of the changes.

New Fleet Name

So, we have a winner of the Fleet Naming Contest! @jj41#9532 has won and so the new fleet will be officially know as 44th Epsilon Fleet! Congrats! As an honorable mention, 44th Omega Fleet was in second place. My thanks to everyone who submitted a Fleet name!

What is the new Fleet For?

Now that the new fleet has a name and the Armada shakeup is complete, we will start adding new applicants to the new fleet. In addition to being the place new members will go to complete their 6 weeks of rank progression, any alts of our current members are now free to join as well.

The new fleet will also serve as a way for members to earn fleet credits through contributions to projects. Of which there will be no shortage. Please keep in mind though that the 44th Gamma Fleet still needs a few things, so the priority should be as follows:

44th Gamma Fleet (Starbase and Colony Projects)

44th Epsilon Fleet (Everything Else)

Just a reminder, you can contribute to another Fleet in the Armada (once any probation periods have expired) by clicking the Fleet Button on the mini map. Click the Armada Tab and then click on Holdings. You can then select the Fleet you want to contribute to.

Fleet Events

The meme ship contest is going on now! For details: Meme Ship Build Contest

https://startrek.44thfleet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Zwaardvis-infographic.png

There’s still some paperwork to do. All posts must contain“44th Meme Build” at the beginning of their title, that’s the title box where you name your post. This way we can track all entrants. Without this we may miss your post.

The fleet poll for the meme ship contest will commence on the 7th of September at and run for a week at which time a winner will be decided.  Check out the link above for full details!

We still have another fleet event in the planning stages, though it will likely be later in the year. It is a “small” event we have done before, so stay tuned for more info. In addition, Veratisu will be putting together a fleet costume contest event to take place towards the end of the Summer Event, so stay tuned for more info on that.

Summer Event

The Summer Event is still going on until Sept. 3rd so there is still time to earn Lohlunat Favors, accolades and the ship!

I’ve included a link for some history on the Lohlunat Festival

Also Chanfron has created a guide here: Risa Accolades Guide

Galaxy Red Alert Coming Up Next Week!

Dilithium Weekend!

The Dilithium Weekend Event ends Aug 31st at 5PM UTC, so there is still some time to earn some extra dilithium!

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Again a Welcome Aboard to our newest fleetmembers ! Welcome aboard Honeybadgers, and congratulations to JJ for winning the naming contest.

(The 44th Armada page will be updated in the coming days)

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Mares Guyver
    Fleet Member

If no one minds, I have a few questions – currently I’m in my 3rd or 4th week as a Fleet member, having moved up in rank from Ensign to Lieutenant. Will my character automatically be moved to the new Epsilon Fleet while I complete my rank progression, or will it remain in Delta Fleet? Also, how should I go about having any new alts I create join the new Fleet roster? Thank you.

"You can't kill me . . . I've been rejected by death!" ~ Sean Barker, The Guyver/Mutronics

aka @mguyver315#5365

41BCCO
    Fleet Member

Another good read.

Von "Ace" Velton

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

@Mares Guyver, currently there are no plans to shift players from the main, delta or gamma fleets to epsilon unless they specifically ask for it.

As for adding new characters to any fleet, just ask in 44th-diplo in game. Any fleet officer who is on will add you to the fleet, as per maximum limits (currently 2 in main, 3 in Delta, no limits placed on gamma/epsilon) and promote your character to the appropriate level.

We follow the player as account pattern, so all characters will be promoted to your current level.

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Indeed, what Shohom said.  Also, we don’t mind questions around here Mares Guyver. 🙂

I would also like to encourage anyone who has an alt that they don’t really play that much (and don’t have the heart to delete) or is just around as a banking character to consider a move to Epsilon. Gamma in particular could use a bit of room (and Delta to some extent) as far as the roster, so you would really be helping the fleet out. Its a completely voluntary move though.

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

JJ
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Another great read. Really enjoy these.

I’m also honoured to have named a fleet. Very privileged.

I was lucky to get in early and moved ‘Banker’, my banking alt over to Epsilon. Big thumbs up.

aka @jj_jiminey

Mares Guyver
    Fleet Member

Thank you for your replies and the added clarification, Shohom and Akula2045! And since I didn’t say so previously, another great job with the Sunday Supplemental!

"You can't kill me . . . I've been rejected by death!" ~ Sean Barker, The Guyver/Mutronics

aka @mguyver315#5365

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.