Sunday Supplemental #69

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #69

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Here is your 69th Sunday Supplemental for Oct. 31st 2021. I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween this year!

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@Desaan#97558, @ascott033, @shadystick, @almostideal#28701, @stefan#7269, @captainjim#8278, @grinchosw

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th! Also, don’t forget to join the 44th-diplo channel by typing: /channel_join 44th-diplo

This is how we communicate between our (5) Fed and (2) KDF fleets. It isn’t a rule or requirement, but things will seem very quiet in the fleet without it.

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

It is viewable by anyone and you don’t need to sign in, create an account or download an app.

Fleet Housekeeping

Heya 44th. As far as fleet housekeeping, I just want to remind everyone that new members need to fill out an application on the forums before receiving an invite to the fleet. Joining any other way can create some extra paperwork for the admiralty and will delay promotions and access to fleet gear. So, if you know someone (including friends and family members) who is / are interested in joining the Mighty 44th, please send them here https://startrek.44thfleet.com/join-the-44th/

Inactive List

Next up, the Inactive List is out. Thank you BreakingForce for your usual hard work! Check out the link for details. Inactives List

Star Trek Online Builds Discord Server

Next I would like to direct your attention to the Star Trek Online Builds Discord Server. According to JJ (whom is also a Curator on the server) this is currently the best place for quality build advice. So, if you are interested, the following link will last for 7 days. https://discord.gg/5eG8JEtW.

SCM Damage Parcer

Lastly, I’ve received some interesting news from JJ and Sukobi regarding the SCM Damage Parcer.

Here is the situation according to JJ:

The SCM (STO Combat Meter) Parser is dated and the original code person has long since quit. So if Cryptic were to make a major game change, like increasing level cap, the parser couldn’t adapt.

In turn, the team is talking about making a ship builder tool that is updated.

So, we are looking for anyone in the community with the types of interest and skills to contribute – but a word of warning – it’s a strong group of personalities.

A particular area lacking is web design/developer.
    They were talking about Python and Cargo Tables

So
    1 – Parser
    2 – Ship Builder

Here are some additional project details plus its current status from Sukobi:

So far it’s primarily in the random phase — some people working hard already, most still just thinking.

It’ll be a bit of a standard open source setup I think — contributions to a shared code library by a mixture of people at variable work rates

But yeah, it’s mostly App people or Tools people without a lot of people standing up for web yet.

A new template tool is one of the biggest draws to effort so far — some apps people are getting interfaces up already, then we can hook the wiki pulls into that.

Once it’s up, I’ll be working on hooking the automation / information features I’ve been working on the last year or so into it.

A new open-sourced parser is the other tool being shuffled about currently — Someone provided an excel version and everybody ran off to play with that for now.

I expect we’ll see an early excel parser improvement and more on the parser tool will probably be sometime next year (as far as actual app production work, rather than tools).

There’s no priority on a parser, but there’s a significant concern about the lack of future for SCM.

The group is pretty chaotic, but it’s the first week. Any self-motivated development types are likely to be helpful at this point.

So, that is the current situation. I know there is a wealth of skill and talent in the 44th and when JJ asked if I could add this to this week’s Supplemental I didn’t hesitate. Just to be clear, this is a project outside of the scope of the 44th Fleet. The Admiralty and I have no official say in its direction whatsoever. So, anyone who is interested in contributing to this project / challenge should contact JJ or Sukobi for further details.

PC Patch Notes for Oct. 28th 2021

The Fall of The Old Ones!

The event is live and continues until Nov. 3rd!

Bonus Marks Weekend!

From Oct. 28th to (Monday) Nov. 1st Earn Bonus Marks!

35% Bundle Sale, 50% Mudd’s Bundle Sale!

=Not Sponsored=

The Agile Classics Ship Bundle!

=Not Sponsored=

Project One

If you are interested in checking out the Project One Discord server for more, feel free to DM Monkeyboy or myself on Discord for a server invite. @Monkeyboy#9015 and @Akula#7709 Remember, this is open to ALL 44th Fleet Armada members!

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Take care and have a great week!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Thanks Akula *thumbs up*

When first announced the gatling Emitter sounded awesomesauce, but the more I read about it I’m having second thoughts. Having it locked on the same target PLUS needing a spin up time (3 seconds?) makes it slow. And not to brag, but a lot of targets die within 3-5 secs meaning the Emitter can be stuck cycling between targets and never actually spin up.
    So we’ll just have to wait and see what the actual stats/mechanics of this thing is.

The problem of course is that STO cannot introduce a super Death Star weapon, as in ever, as then nobody will buy new shiny stuff anymore.

The Trait – Synthetic Good Fortune has my interest as I’m leaning to Sci builds in general. It does depend on how small the actual increase in CtrlX ends up to be.

Also, repeating a 44th General Announcement: When in game, please do not invite people randomly into the fleet(s), we keep seeing certain names returning to our in-game rosters. Everyone needs to fill out a proper application on our website. We use that app for a quick background check, to keep track of promotions (for fleet store unlock) and to make sure all new members are aware of our rules.

We encourage everyone to invite friends and family but even they have to fill out the application – the 44th offers a lot and this is the only real thing we ask in return. Commanders and higher do have fleet invite and some promotion powers but that is reserved for fellow 44th-members to assist with switching between our fleets only. Please do not abuse this.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Also, repeating a 44th General Announcement: When in game, please do not invite people randomly into the fleet(s), we keep seeing certain names returning to our in-game rosters. Everyone needs to fill out a proper application on our website. We use that app for a quick background check, to keep track of promotions (for fleet store unlock) and to make sure all new members are aware of our rules.

I am always worried about doing this, (I hope I have not done it) I normally only someone who’s account name I think I know.

Take care and have a great week! Akula

You too Shark-Boss

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.