Sunday Supplemental #6 =Special Edition=

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #6 =Special Edition=

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Welcome to the 6th Sunday Supplemental for 8-16-2020.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@kwolves21 @lornnadune

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th!

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

Fleet Housekeeping

So, this housekeeping is extra special because I am both proud and honored to announce that we are going ahead with a shiny new 44th Fleet! With all of the new members coming aboard and new characters being created, we felt the time was right. Besides, we keep pushing that upper limit of 500 characters per fleet and this gives us a place for not only new members to go while they complete their journey to Commander, but alts as well.

We will be updating everyone as the situation develops, though some of you may have already noticed one of our Armada members has gone red. The current situation is this: After several failed attempts to contact Gamma fleet “Taskforce Echo”, we are in the process of replacing them with a new 44th Fleet. TF Echo was seen as a candidate due to their in-game absence. Both the 44th Fleet and their Delta-level fleet Morn have tried to contact them via various channels (in-game, STO forum, Discord etc) over three weeks with no success.

Their removal is scheduled 2 days from today.

Even after the process is complete Marcase will try to yet again contact them to explain and offer an alternative Armada. We follow due diligence and don’t just kick fleets from the Armada – plus we can’t even if we wanted to – as there are build-in cooldowns to prevent that anyway.

A message similar to the one above has been sent to all Armada ambassadors. So, in the coming days and weeks, there may be some changes to the Fleet positions within the armada, but we have no plans to remove any other Armada member besides Taskforce Echo.

I would like to thank the Federation and KDF Armada Fleets for sticking with us throughout the years. Despite the coming changes / shakeup to the Federation Armada, we hope to explore the galaxy with you for many years to come.

New Fleet Name

The new fleet will be called “44th Omega”. This is likely a temporary name, as we will be offering all fleet members an opportunity to come up with a name for the new fleet! We will then open up a poll and vote on the new fleet name.

At some point we will have a ceremony to celebrate the new fleet, so stay tuned for more info later.

Obviously, some details in the plan may change and we will update you as we move forward!

Meme Contest Update

We now have the identities for all of the winning memes.

From left to right:

1st Place: Best Served Cold: Holyschit (Now known as @Hollywood_NZ)

2nd Place: Advanced TFOs: Xaxial

3rd Place Firepower: TallGuy aka PedroDactyl (Dragon’s Lair)

3rd Place (Tie): Science Builds Be Like: Marcase

Thanks to everyone who participated! This was a lot of fun. The winners should all have the “Meme Meister” Role in Discord now. We will be updating the Official Meme Contest Poll Topic with the official results soon.

Fleet Events

The meme ship contest is going on now! For details: Meme Ship Build Contest

https://startrek.44thfleet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Zwaardvis-infographic.png

There’s still some paperwork to do. All posts must contain“44th Meme Build” at the beginning of their title, that’s the title box where you name your post. This way we can track all entrants. Without this we may miss your post.

The fleet poll for the meme ship contest will commence on the 7th of September at and run for a week at which time a winner will be decided.  Check out the link above for full details!

We still have another fleet event in the planning stages, though it will likely be later in the year. It is a “small” event we have done before, so stay tuned for more info. In addition, Veratisu will be putting together a fleet costume contest event to take place towards the end of the Summer Event, so stay tuned for more info on that.

Summer Event

The Summer Event is in full swing!

I’ve included a link for some history on the Lohlunat Festival

Also Chanfron has created a guide here: Risa Accolades Guide

The Summer Event Tracker has been “fixed fixed” Plus, don’t forget that with the last patch, the “Flying High” mission now grants 50 Lohlunat Favors along with a Event Progress token towards the Risian Weather Control Vessel. This is a great alternative mission for grinding Lohlunat Favors since you don’t need all the fancy Floaters or Powerboards. It can in fact be done with just a rented floater for 1,000 EC.

Infinity Promo Packs Return

Just a disclaimer…. I am only including the information on the Promo Packs as news / information. I am not encouraging nor discouraging anyone from purchasing the packs. Still, I must warn you that the odds of getting a ship are very much stacked against you. There are other potential goodies you can get from these, such as Lobi. So at the end of the day, it is up to you the player and your wallet. I’ve included a link below to the full article so you can read for yourselves.

See link below for full details.

ARC Infinity Promo Packs

Ten Forward

Marcase mentioned that this was an interesting interview and worth a watch, so I decided to include it in the Supplemental.

Ambassador Kael sits down with avid STO player Sam Witwer (Battlestar Galactica, Being Human, Star Wars Rebels) for a deep dive on all things Star Trek

Ambassador Kael Interview With Sam Witwer

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Awesomesauce. Re: Armada, more to follow 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Great job.  Thanks!

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

So, this housekeeping is extra special because I am both proud and honored to announce that we are going ahead with a shiny new 44th Fleet!

Wow!

Well please let this old Klingon know if there is anyway I can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svYAxoZM0K8

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by SgtKen60. Reason: Trying to spell wit only four Hrs of Sleep :)
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by SgtKen60.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Mares Guyver
    Fleet Member

Looking forward to being here for the formation of a new Fleet – thanks for the thorough update, Admiral Akula2045!

"You can't kill me . . . I've been rejected by death!" ~ Sean Barker, The Guyver/Mutronics

aka @mguyver315#5365

RedShirtJohnson
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Looking forward to the new fleet, got to figure out which toon to port over for brass duties.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Your least favorite one, because you obviously mean brass polishing duties :).

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

ETK
    Commodore

I liked the idea someone mentioned on Discord the other week about making the new fleet a Romulan/Vulcan reunification one, though I don’t know how feasible that would be. On the one hand, we could have players move their Vulcan and (Federation-aligned) Romulan characters to it and thus the fleet would have characters who already have resources to put into the fleet projects, though of course the drawback would be that those characters would no longer have access to the various items only available at fleets with more advanced facilities.

aka @etk#6256

Blackend
    Fleet Member

Great updates and yaye new fleet!

aka @Uninstalled

41BCCO
    Fleet Member

Good read. Thank you.

Von "Ace" Velton

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.