Sunday Supplemental #59

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #59

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Here is your 59th Sunday Supplemental for August 22th 2021.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@Ghostshark27, @jander21, @wolfchris76#3923, @SBright

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th! Also, don’t forget to join the 44th-diplo channel by typing: /channel_join 44th-diplo

This is how we communicate between our (4) Fed and (2) KDF fleets. It isn’t a rule or requirement, but things will seem very quiet in the fleet without it.

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

It is viewable by anyone and you don’t need to sign in, create an account or download an app.

Fleet Housekeeping

Howdy folks, I hope everyone was / is able to take advantage of the Red Alert Event. Its always a good event to do since the missions themselves are relatively quick and easy and a Ultimate Tech Upgrade reward is nothing to sneeze at.

Plus Double XP will be around until Tuesday, Aug. 24th! Not a bad time to level up or finish leveling up a character.

Also, the next Campaign Event has been announced and will have a No Win Scenario theme. Basically, you need to play the mission Kobayashi Maru (Space) and / or test your might in the Arena of Sompek on the ground a total of 14 times. After a 20 hour cool down of course. The rounds are shorter in the Event versions so the missions complete after Round 7 in Arena and 6 in Kobayashi Maru. Not really sure how I feel about the Temporal Hack kit Module grand prize. Anyway, the full article is posted further below for full details.

Lastly, we would still like for anyone who has reached the rank of Commander to have toons in the Main 44th Fleet. You don’t have to keep them in Epsilon. You can have up to 2 characters in the main fleet and 3 in Delta Fleet. Plus by spreading your characters around you are helping out our roster health. You can PM, DM use the 44th-diplo, Discord or the forums to let us know if you interested in moving your characters around.

Anyway, that is all I have. Stay safe and have a great week!

PC Patch Notes for August 17th 2021

The Galaxy Goes to Red Alert!

Continues to Aug. 24th!

Earn Double XP Event!

Do you Believe in a No Win Scenario!

The Mars Class Comes to the Infinity Lock Box!

=Not Sponsored=

The Captain Fleet Rank

In the past the Admiralty has (and still does) nominate members for promotion to Captain. In the 44th Fleet, the rank of Captain has generally been awarded as a “thank you” to fleet members who have gone above and beyond. This includes large contributions of dilithium, doffs, expertise, EC, etc. Or consistently helping other fleet members with missions or teaming up for TFOs. Crafting items for fleet members. Demonstrating unselfish generosity. Offering to help fleet members get their new alts into the fleet. Answering fleet members questions and trying to help out in general. Has been active in the fleet for several months. The list goes on and on……

The current and official criteria are the following:

Since the criteria have not been all that clear and because we have such a large and active fleet, some deserving individuals may have been overlooked. So, if you feel that you or someone you know in the 44th isn’t a Captain and you feel you or they deserve to be, feel free to contact an Admiralty member and tell us about it. We will certainly look into it.

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Take care and have a great week!

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Caio777
    Fleet Member

😃👏👏👆

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Some wires crossed on announcements but the presents seemed to be in line with the effort.  Not digging that funny looking ship but there are plenty of nice ones out there for me to catch still.  Hopefully Sompek will get me my event prize.  I haven’t run the numbers but this might put me over the top.  Wondering if anyone is interested in having a fleet “best effort” at Sompek?  A couple of us did a dry run over the weekend and the arena wasn’t as soulcrushing as I thought it might be.  I’m not sure how the PUGs will play out.  I can see randoms curling up and tapping out as soon as the minimum accommodation is met for event credit but at least once I’d be up for trying my best and seeing where that goes.  I haven’t done a No Win since there was one 44th Starbase and if I remember right it was pretty primitive at the time 😛 .

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Thanks Akula.

Horrid wish I could join but my hours are beyond weird for me to be counted on more regularly. If I’m on I’ll shout out for any lost soul-… Err, brave hero to duel it out till the umpteenth lighting round.😆

With all the new traits and kits Sompek ground is very doable even for base ground builds.👍

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I was pleasantly surprised by the weekend run as far as how it didn’t wreck us out of the gate.  I went in with a good generalist eng build not perfect for the arena but serviceable.  Teamwork was up to 44th standards and we kept up until a round in the mid thirties.  By that point the opposition was one shooting us a fair bit and it wasn’t as fun so we finally tapped out.  A good haul from sticking it out too.  The event Sompek is very brief.  I think it’s so short because they didn’t want anyone saying fuck it and AFK.  It went by so fast there is no point in not participating.  Very easy task.  The event will be a cakewalk and my TOS Romulan will have a Thrai Dreadnought Warbird just before the wrap 😄!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by horridperson.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.