Sunday Supplemental #39

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #39

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Here is your 39th Sunday Supplemental for April 4th 2021.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@phideltaxi, @xrollavenger, @marine1#3980, @nexus1712#8354, @Neko_Madison, @ladbong#4139

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th! Also, don’t forget to join the 44th-diplo channel by typing: /channel_join 44th-diplo

This is how we communicate between our (4) Fed and (2) KDF fleets. It isn’t a rule or requirement, but things will seem very quiet in the fleet without it.

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

It viewable by anyone and you don’t need to sign in, create an account or download an app.

Fleet Housekeeping

I’d like to wish a Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Stay safe and stay well.

Discord and the Beta Radiation Room

In case you missed it, we took a fleet-wide vote (link below) regarding the Beta Radiation room’s future on our fleet Discord server.

Beta Radiation Room Discussion And Vote

You voted overwhelmingly for removing the Beta Radiation Room from our Discord server and as you can see below, that has happened.

So…. you may be wondering: Where do we go from here?

Well, we have also removed the music bot commands room from the server as well. It never really receive a lot of traffic anyway.

These changes have allowed us (Paradoxical…..allowed Paradoxical) to add new channels to our Discord server without it becoming and looking like a cluttered mess! Thanks for for all your work on maintaining and moderating the fleet Discord Para!

As you can see, we have added a News Room which will hopefully cut down on the traffic and bot spam in the 44th-sto channel.

We have also launched a brand new channel called 44th runway (no, not ‘run away’…this isn’t going to be like the Beta Radiation room) which has directly replaced the Beta Radiation room! As the description says, this room will serve as the fashion runway for all of your space barbie needs! It really was about time….after all…space barbie IS the true endgame content for Star Trek Online! [citation needed]

One final thing for housekeeping….. Now that the Beta Radiation room is no more, please resist the temptation to post any “Beta Material” in the meme-channel or anywhere else on the 44th Fleet Discord. If you stop to wonder if what you are about to post is too much, it probably is. Better to send it in a private message or post it in a different discord.

PC Patch Notes for April 1st 2021

Celebrate First Contact Day!

Lifetime Subscription Sale!

=Not Sponsored=

Sale ends on April 14th. See link below for a list of perks and features for the lifetime account courtesy of the STOwiki

Lifetime Subscriptions

The Legendary KDF Captain Bundle

=Not Sponsored=

20% Ship Sale!

=Not Sponsored=

Sale ends tomorrow, April 5th.

Star Trek Online: Date Your Starship

Just the thing we needed, but didn’t even know we needed it!?

Originally posted on April 1st…. I’m sure it’s legit.

Crafting Services!

ETK has kindly offered to lend his crafting services to everyone! Check out the link below for details.

Crafting Services

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

THE LEGENDARY KDF CAPTAIN BUNDLE

Sad Klingon Face 🙁

Thanks for the update Shark-Boss

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Regarding the Betarad, I am sure we are all grateful for the time and effort that went into moderating that channel and removing anything that may have been too spicy etc and I for one am very grateful they the Admiralty chose to share the discussion they had regarding said channel and posted on the forums for us too see.

It was very good to have a vote that allowed the fleet members to have a say in what happened instead of just nuking the channel and saying tough targ poop.

But I must point out for all the talk of giving people a vote the thread was locked in just over 24hrs

The poll opens up for voting on 31 March 2021 @ 0700 UTC. It ends on 07 April 2021 @ 1900 UTC. <–Taken from the thread

certainly less than advertised (see above)

And a total of 37 votes were counted even though our discord has 420+ members.

Would all 420+ members have voted and/or commented, No 100% definitely not.

Would the outcome of the vote been any different, No 100% definitely not.

Is betarad being removed a problem for me, No 100% not, yes  I was a member and posted a few things and viewed the room for amusement, that being said if it needed to go because to was becoming a possible problem for the fleet discord then that is what needed to be done.

Locking the thread so quickly kinda seems like you got the result you wanted and locked it to prevent that altering, I am 1000% sure that was NOT the intention, I was intending to comment in the thread but was thinking what to but then didn’t get the chance.

I was not sure if I was going to even post this or not but decided to in the end.

This is not a criticism of anybody and please don’t take it as one but I felt it need to be pointed out.

Regards Chanfron

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Chanfron.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi Chanfron, thanks for your comment.

The reason the vote was cut short was mine – this was one of the very rare instances I used the privilige of Fleet Admiral rank, and thereby I basically overruled everyone in the fleet who may still have wanted a say in it. My main two reasons where these.

First, as you pointed out, the majority was already in strong favor for disbanding. This was shown in the votes already cast as well as through various comments both in Discord and private/direct messaging before, during and even after the actual vote.

Secondly, and this was the deciding factor, the discussion was turning into an endless exercise of wild speculations (“if there’s smoke, there’s a fire”). All kinds of unsavory theories were being thrown around which were on the verge of attracting unwanted “third party” attention. As we all know the internet -and in our case Discord- is constantly being monitored by bots and algorithms not to mention a number of armada members and other non-aligned STO players. We’re a huge and popular fleet in STO and we attract constant attention, as witnessed by the consistent stream of new players we welcome aboard every month.

As such I feel it’s one of my Prime Directives that I will not have the 44th connected to speculations, rumors or out-of-context comments that could cast us in any negative way.

Suffice it to say complaints were made about posts that were considered against the 44th’s rules and Discords terms of service, and we had to uphold our own regulations.
    The issue was resolved, and from my point of view just dragging it along further served no real purpose.

Did I overreact? That may seem like it at first glance, but not from my perspective, so I acted.
    As lame as it sounds, you have to trust me on this one.

Cheers

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thank you for the explanation, you did the right thing if it was bringing unwanted attention to the Fleet/Discord

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.