Sunday Supplemental #10

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Sunday Supplemental #10

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th!

Welcome to the 10th Sunday Supplemental for 9-13-2020.

First up is the traditional welcome to the newest 44th Fleet Members. Thanks for choosing the Mighty 44th!

New Members

@johnk54#4217, @genhawk, @shane4291, @civayic, @ulynne

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask questions! Again, thanks for flying with the Mighty 44th!

Also, here is a way for you guys to track the promotion schedule: https://trello.com/b/caMTvkl3/44th-fleet-promotions

Fleet Housekeeping

Mainly, I just want to mention that Breakingforce has done his inactive character sweep and it turns out that there were very few this time! Which means we are certainly a very active fleet! Fleet members can find that report here: Inactives List

Also, 44th Gamma Fleet is fast approaching the roster limit of 500, so new members and their alts will definitely need to go to 44th Epsilon Fleet. For everyone else, please consider moving alts that you do not play very much to Epsilon as this will greatly help with our “space” issues (pun intended).

As a reminder, the current character limits are:

44th Fleet – 2 Character limit (for any Commander Fleet rank and above)

44th Delta Fleet – 3 Character limit (for any Commander Fleet rank and above or if you were originally invited to Delta Fleet)

44th Gamma Fleet – Now on hold to the newest members as we have reached 475/500 roster space.  (Max is 500 characters for all fleets)

44th Epsilon Fleet – Unlimited For as long as the roster has space (Max is 500 characters for all fleets)

Fleet Events

We are planning a Fleet Costume Contest for 9-20-2020! It will have a Summer Theme, and bikinis are optional. We will also be taking a Fleet Photo on Risa during the contest to hopefully replace our current one on the website. So, go ahead and breakout your summer wear (doesn’t have to be beachwear) and plan for shenanigans on Sept. 20th. We will provide more details and times very soon!

The meme ship contest has ended and I’m pleased to announce Angany as the winner! For details: Meme Ship Build Contest

Here is the link for full details: Angany’s Contest Entry

You fly it backwards…..

44th Sunday Speed Runs

Marcase mentioned that he’s been successfully farming gear by speed running / re running Episode missions this Sunday. So on Sundays going forward fleeties need only ask around in the 44th-diplo and we will prioritize Episode speed runs!

Summer Event

The summer event is over, but you can still spend favors at the summer event store or vendor on Risa so long as you unlocked it on that particular character.

To Hell With Honor

Star Trek Day Sept. 14th!

Its pretty neat. You should check it out at least once while its here!

There are some sales to go along with it…. Not sponsored!

Please note that these have ended

• Save 20% on Everything in the Zen Store on all platforms!
    • Both Ten Ship Legendary Bundles will be available in the Zen Store on All Platforms!

R&D Weekend

There is still some time to earn about 50% more R&D Ex in all schools!

Tribble Giveaway

Here is a link: Tribble Giveaway

Wrap Up

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Note: If you have a topic you would like to see in the Sunday Supplemental, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do about including it.

Thanks everyone and cheers!

Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Just to mention that the tribble contest is only open to the US, the rest of the world can get stuffed as usual, I know there are some legal reason behind it but this is an international game open to most regions around the world and they can accept our money to buy virtual items but apparently we can enter a competition to win a toy tribble.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Nice bite-size of an overview Big Shark! Appreciated as always.

Yes fleet, check the Trello board and the inactives list, and you have a small idea of all the paperwork (PADD-work?) required to keep the Mighty 44th up and running.

If you ever wondered why every 44th fleet holding has a well-stocked bar, now you know. 🙂

Regarding Speedrun Sunday, I ran a few with fellow fleeties and it is basically repeating episodes on Normal (yes, I know) skipping dialogues just getting to the end, because I ended up replaying “The Temporal Front” SIX times in a row, just so everyone got the Na’kuhl shield, armor or ground weapon for themselves and their alts. There are certain episode rewards that are considered ‘must have’ but the episodes to get them are either difficult, tedious, long, or all of the above. Re-running those with a full fleet team takes the sting out of it.
    In addition we can do practice/training runs, or even Accolade hunts to complete your collection.

So keep an eye on 44th-diplo chat on Sundays (and perhaps Saturdays due to timezones) and either ask for a Speedrun, or lend a hand to a fleetmate in need of a wingman.

See you out there, captains!

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Thanks for the clarification Chanfron. I didn’t realize it was U.S. only for the Tribble contest. A shame really.

Also, the Costume contest / fleet photo op this coming Sunday will be starting at 18:00 UTC.

And as far as speed runs, make sure to ask Marcase for help with the Breen Missions. Cold Call, Cold Case, ect. are his favorites!

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

I just want to say thanks to everyone who chose to fly with the 44th Fleet! You make the 44th Fleet what it is! And I want to thank everyone (these wonderful people here) https://startrek.44thfleet.com/fleet-officers/who keep the 44th Fleet running smoothly.

Yes Shark -Boss the Officers and crew of this Fleet(s) are amazing. I know I am a bit of a loner (a habit I have a hard time breaking), but to all in the Fleet if you need my help just ask. While I cannot trouble shoot your builds, or be a wizard of STO knowledge, I am more than willing to join anyone in the Fleet in TFOs, running episodes, etc..

This Fleet (the BEST FLEET IN STO) is great. It one of the reasons, I send the it’s links to players on Reddit who are looking for a Fleet.

I know from my own experience – Blind Invites, feeling lost in game, being just a number for a Fleet – HAVE NEVER happen while in this Fleet.

Grumpy Old Klingon 07

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

CaptObvious
    Fleet Member

Nice update, as usual. A quick question, though, Do these Sunday Supplemental replace the monthly State of the Fleet?

Just to mention that the tribble contest is only open to the US, the rest of the world can get stuffed as usual, I know there are some legal reason behind it but this is an international game open to most regions around the world and they can accept our money to buy virtual items but apparently we can enter a competition to win a toy tribble.

Yes, that’s something that bothers me too. The same with the American way of writing dates (month-day-year). It literary takes me a few seconds to realize that 09-06-2020 is 6th of September and not 9th of June.

@Marcase

I only did a couple of runs of the Melting Pot mission, but it was fun and a lot faster than struggling through it yourself :). I’d love to do some accolade farm runs, especially on Defera and the missions which require you to perform a certain task, based upon your career path.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by CaptObvious. Reason: Layout goof-up
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Yes, the weekly Supplementals replace the previous monthly States as they are shorter and more up to date/relevant, and Akula has graciously and fiercely taken the helm on these.

If you want to do joint missions for whatever, we can still do those during the week but the weekends I’ll reserve specifically for those so you can count on me -and hopefully more fleeties- to join you.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Good stuff – not sure about the giveaway… I usually kill tribbles anyway….

aka @darkside003

rgmen1907
    Fleet Member

Thank you for the update.  Still trying to take it all in 🙂

aka @ulynne

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.