STO on console

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck STO on console

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Well, I’ve played it a little here and there since it released this week on Xbox. I’ll highlight some things that stand out to me, but overall it’s a “meh” experience. Not fully made up my mind on it and doesn’t like look my Xbox friends have too much of an interest it with the Destiny expansion coming soon.

– NOTHING carries over at all as was predicted/announced. Even Lifetime has to be re-purchased if you already hold it on PC, which is the real bummer/kicker for me.

– All expansions are out except Agents of Yesterday.

– Only a handful of T6 ships in game at the moment. Resolute, Andromeda, Valiant, Pathfinder, and intel ships Federation side.

– @handle is represented by your Gamertag.

– Camera angles….and they are in NEED of ALOT of work.

– Can not adjust power levels, must select between the 4 presets for what system you want most power in. Not even a balance option from what I can tell.

– No way to block lockbox notification fly in text.

– Typing is pain staking without a keypad.

Most of it is kinda given for the console, but thought I would share details for anyone that hasn’t tried and thought about it. My opinion right now is, unless you’re like me with friends on console, there really is no solid reason to play on console unless you love your couch that much more.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Thanks for the quick review, I’m sure there’s still much to be improved. My only fear is that the PC version may suffer from the console one, ie having to make short-cuts/down-grades to accomodate ‘couch potatoes’.

I really don’t understand why PWE didn’t allow a free transfer or at least a discount for PC Lifetimers…

Thx again for the update. 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I don’t think we’ll suffer from the console release. Separate servers and obviously different environments, if there’s an expansion missing and ships missing in the console version. Nothing carrying over also tells me there’s a PC team and a Console team.

I’m not worried. Looking forward to the lighting update though.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

I agree, I don’t think the PC will suffer. The feeling I get from the game is console is the step-child to rake in extra money. I’m sure the rest of the game will come in time, but the game of course doesn’t look as polished. A lot of grainy details going on.

One thing I forgot, is right now there is no way to disable the visual of your ground weapon. So unless you keep one slot empty, you’re walking around with a phaser to your side of strapped to your back.

I’ll continue to play some on console since it is the only avenue for my dad and a few friends to play on.

We created 9th Fleet, from DS9 mention, if anyone is interested in trying it and wants to join. Right now nothing to go with fleets except the title.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.