= State of the Fleet, January 2016 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, January 2016 =

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Happy Newyear 44th !

Welcome to 2016; the full 44th Command Staff wishes all the best to each of you and yours.

Join me in welcoming our newest members from last December;

@hungrysparkles (Kyle) from Missouri
    @Sherrodd (Doug) from North Dakota
    @Sarge5th (Reno) from Tennessee (returning)
    @deadfire96 (Daniel) from the Netherlands
    @idontknow127 (John) from California
    @Kathaz (Jemmy) from Virginia

It’s nice to see we’re attracting new members again after the forum blackout of last November. As ever a big Thanks to Intrepid for stalwarth service keeping the forum warpcore fired up and running.

And thanks to Defcon for keeping a direct link to Section 31 who in turn keeps an eye on you guys 😀 ;
    [attachment=0:2ntgyam8]44Stats.JPG[/attachment:2ntgyam8]
    As you can see we reached 1,000 (alt) toons – however we’ll be going through the fleet roster soon and put some of those on reserve. Which just means we’ll have room for more new ones. 😎

We’re entering an interesting year, with a new Star Trek movie and even a new Trek tv-series on the horizon. It’s been a long time getting any regular Star Trek on tv – they’ve even run out of the usual Trek reruns over here.

I’m especially looking forward to Star Trek’s 50th anniversary – you can bank on it that STO has something special planned and I expect something really nice, not just another special doff or low-tier ship give-away, more like a special featured episode. Again, Al Rivera hinted to that but nothing firm yet.
    STO has a spoiler security lock-down that surpasses the lock on a Ferengi’s Latinum vault.

According to Steve Ricossa, the executive producer for Star Trek Online, we’ll see a brand new storyline for 2016:
    Now that we’ve wrapped up the Iconian War, we want to get into a more optimistic post-war story. That new story begins with Season 11 and will extend deep into 2016, featuring new stories themed around time travel. While I won’t get into any details beyond that, I have scheduled plans that take us through October of 2016 that I’m really excited to eventually tell everyone about.”

An expansion and new season 12 in 2016 ? Yes definately. A new playable faction ? Maybe. Cardassian ? Not according to Al “Capt. Gecko” Rivera, but never say never.
    In several podcast interviews it was said that STO has a roadmap all the way to 2018, and beyond.

The Mighty 44th will also move forward; we’re slowly updating the website with some new visuals with Damix running a contest where you guys can not only win million(s) of ec, but also be a lasting (visual) part of this recruiting tool; check out the Fleet Screenshot Event and submit your pictures!

Besides that, you can still win Superior Tech Upgrades as Soolin is still lost. As I write this there’s an upgrade weekend so you can use or sell them for some additional ec.

We’ll also be looking into setting up a voice system again; either Teamspeak or another system that’s easy (and free) to use.

Our fleetmate Huckabee, mentioned a pvp event he enjoyed centered around canon style battles with Fed vs KDF – basically pick an era or battle that occured in canon and play it out. This sounds like fun and we’ll pick this up though we may put certain restrictions on it for balancing.

The 44th still abhors ‘must attend’ meetings, but we’re going to organize more events where we can group together and do runs that are often forgotten or overlooked, like certain ground or space missions just to get that one accolade or free Borg bridge officer.
    This is your fleet, and you’re allowed to frak up here so it’s a great way to learn certain maps or try out new abilities / theme builds.

A new year, a new mission to boldly go where no grind has gone before. Let us know what you think the 44th could do to improve your STO gameplay. Questions and comments are the dilithium of any healthy fleet, and we’re thankfully in peak condition, as always going forward since we can’t find reverse.

See you, out there.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Great post Marcase. Thanks!

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Thanks, Marcase!

Hungrysparkles — where are you in Missouri? I live in Jefferson City.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the mention and information.

If I left out details, for the Canon style PvP restrictions would be great. I think if we limited the weapons to a certain Mk and to the level of white it would play out quite nice. Something any player could afford to pick up. If not mistaken that is how it works best if my memory serves me correctly. With the Romulan factions, it opens up more stuff from canon to play out across all eras

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.