= State of the Fleet, December 2015 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, December 2015 =

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Seasons Greetings 44th

First weekend of the month, so it’s our usual Fleet review, but this is ofcourse also that time of the year where everyone is looking back.

And looking back I’m still surprised that we’re up and running as we are, not just Star Trek Online in general (many other games have risen and fallen these last few years) but also we in the 44th as an active Fleet – similarly many Fleets were founded and disappeared these last years as well.

Every year we welcome new players and say bye to veterans who pursue other interests (*cough* Fallout4 *cough*) or take a long break from the game, to often return either for just a few fleet runs or full time again. Our active roster list is always active !
    And that’s quite alright; it’s better to take that break and return to actually enjoy this Star Trek game, than grind and grind untill one day you’re totally sick of it all and suddenly vanish from the boards.
    [attachment=0:j2whjeyn]The Andorian Hemp Cooperative and Mozart.JPG[/attachment:j2whjeyn]
    As always, all 44th members that return after a long hiatus will be welcomed back and will have full rank and fleet priviliges restored (this is why we urge you guys to sign in on this forum at least once).

So I’d like to thank all you guys and gals, both active players and lurkers, for your time and effort in keeping this fleet a pleasant and drama-free club – as some of you have experienced in previous fleets/guilds this is not something that’s a given.

There is a core of regular veterans within our fleet who have been around for years, yet this core has never acted as an elitist bunch, instead following the ‘true’ Trek philosophy of supporting and advising new players without bad mouthing them when mistakes are made.
    You know who you are, and you have my thanks.

We have a good reputation in STO – the fact that our Federation Admiralty filled quickly and we always have new players wanting to join is testament to that.

Winter Event is here again ! The fun of the event is that the daily ‘must do’ game will take less than 5 mins. The Fastest Game on Ice is dirt simple (for tight corners Jump or Roll, or do a running 180 to slow down) and completion earns you a Breen ship that’s very, very nice.

Also try The Fast and the Flurrious a few times; it will allow you to grow a few Epohhs for Marks of Choice which will help completing a Reputation – I completed Nukara and Romulan Reps on alts without setting foot on either Nukara and Rom this way. Mouse over the event timer to see when the next one occurs.
    Challenge a Fleetie when you can. 😀

This month we’ll all be preoccupied with family as well, so fleet activities will be low; we have nothing special organized (yet) though we may do some imprompty Meet & Greets near the end of the year.

The 44th Command Staff wishes everyone Happy Holidays !
    [attachment=1:j2whjeyn]images.jpg[/attachment:j2whjeyn]
    Carry on 44th.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

Every year we welcome new players and say bye to veterans who pursue other interests (*cough* Fallout4 *cough*) or take a long break from the game…

War, war never changes.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

horridperson
    Fleet Member

The epohh breeding experiments are going well. How were you able to collect that data table? I wasn’t aware you could collect data like that. Neat.

Not to worry about fallout 4 here. My computer is too old and tired and Iscratches are very expensive pieces of equipment to procure and maintain :).

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

The Andorian Hemp Cooperative is the 44th version of Section 31, so I have exclusive access to all kinds of nifty data, everytime, everywhere *insert evil laugh*

(Thank you Defcon) 😆

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.