Skills Revamp

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Skills Revamp

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

In new skill tree, putting [1] point in Crit Chance or Crit Severity specialization gives you same as having (9) points in current skill tree. –> New The SHOW episode is out.

I’m not happy with the tempering of the Aux power because it negatively affects some of the current builds out there.

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Wow, just one point?

Hmmm… Beam Overload Crit Severity setup?!

If I notice the graph, the aux reduction isn’t that amazingly large tbh. Can somebody give really like figures what we are dealing with? How much would a current Gravity Well III do compared to the new one.

Also, if we get more ability to do crits and larger amount, wouldn’t that effect the science as well?

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@Jalification wrote:

Wow, just one point?

Yes, so it leaves extra point(s) to allocate somewhere else if you want to copy your current build. Although I would probably want to max it out if possible. Just to make it clear, 1 point in upcoming skill tree does not have same value as 1 point in current skill tree.

I’d also like to know how much change with aux power affects sci builds. But yes, higher cirts have effect on sci builds and exotic damage powers.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Copied over my main, let’s run the numbers:

Holodeck/Tribble/Difference
    Stealth Detection: 214/165/-49
    Power Transfer Rate: 250/266/+16
    Bonus Defense: 11.5/7.5/-4
    Hull: 65760/52999/-12761
    Hull Repair: 115/55/-60
    Shield Regen: 292/483/+191
    Shield Facing: 15781/16295/+514
    Resist: 9.2/14.5/+5.3
    Accuracy: 23.1/22.9/-0.2
    Crit Chance: 16.8/16.8/0
    Crit Severity: 78/78/0
    Speed: 32.7/24.7/-8
    Turn: 12.1/11.1/-1

Mk XII Fleet AP DBB DPS: 1346.7/1246.7/-100
    Plasmonic Leech: 2/1.5/-.5
    Embassy Console Proc: 3906/3714/-192

TBR1 DPS: 2285/1543/-742
    DSRB2 DPS: 2248/1297/-951
    GW3 DPS: 1906/2333/+427
    HE1 HoT: 11060/7561/-3499

I don’t know why I thought this time would be different when they said, “nothing will be lost”…

Screenshots for reference:

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i will have to consult this thread again I am sure

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Borticus: “Over the course of the many core mechanic changes/fixes we’ve been making to facilitate the upcoming Skill Revamp, we came across a fairly substantial error that’s in dire need of fixing. In the interest of openness, we feel it’s important to notify every one of our intention to fix this error, as it will likely end up having some impact on their combat performance.

The short description of the error is this: Some resistance modifiers can currently be resisted. Some strength modifiers can currently be strengthened.”

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1212502/bug-strengthened-strengths-resistible-resists

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

Borticus: “Over the course of the many core mechanic changes/fixes we’ve been making to facilitate the upcoming Skill Revamp, we came across a fairly substantial error that’s in dire need of fixing. In the interest of openness, we feel it’s important to notify every one of our intention to fix this error, as it will likely end up having some impact on their combat performance.

The short description of the error is this: Some resistance modifiers can currently be resisted. Some strength modifiers can currently be strengthened.”

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1212502/bug-strengthened-strengths-resistible-resists

I mean, yeah, I get things will still change. But it’s pretty clear that science is going to suffer a nerf. But what’s worse, is making a generalized skill tree that followed what I had on Holodeck as closely as I could resulted in a massive nerf to nearly everything.

I liked it before I was able to look under the hood.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

[EDIT:] After some testing it looks like I may have jumped the gun on my assessment of the stats I saw on Tribble. Some further testing resulted in my Tribble build outperforming my Holodeck build by 8.75% more DPS. This is only with a couple data points using Japori as a baseline. Looking at my damage sources, it’s clear that my weapon damage has received a big buff, while my sci abilities has seen a pretty noticeable loss. With some more data I should be able to determine how much, and will pass that data along to Bort since he asked for it.

I also facepalmed at the fact that I didn’t pick some of the bonuses you unlock as you go. The UI for this is not as intuitive as it should be, or perhaps they should force a choice when it becomes available. Selecting these has buffed my stats somewhat, but not enough to make a huge difference.

I will edit my previous post, with more data and a details (and some condensed screenshots) about my build soon.

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

ah, you gain some, you lose some.

Also; my tanking heaven is coming along; Probably too good to be true like most stuff… That it actually won’t heal 7% each second but just adds the % on top of the one you already have.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

New skill planner posted to r/sto:

http://www.stf-vanguard.com/STO-Skill-Planner/skillplanner.html

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Not that much news from yesterday’s livestream with Borticus, but what jumped out was:

a Must Do; put 1 pt minimum in;
    Shield hardness
    Shield regen
    beam range (due to the rebalanced weapon/range drop-off, you need 1 pt to compensate).

Doffs will be renamed to sync with the new skills (Technicians, Damage Ctrl Engs, something we need to keep an eye on).

Ship/Ground total (end) stats will not display correctly untill after S11.5 (not ready in time)

ALL Pen mods will all apply (+10 Pen plus +10 Pen = 2x +10 Pen).

Plasmonic Leech will get rebalanced but will remain effective, with an ‘unnoticable’ 10% drop-off.

1 skill reset/wipe1, plus 1 free respec per character (current respec tokens will carry over).

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    brimur
    Fleet Member

I have only just started looking at this now and have no idea what I need to pick in the Space or Ground skills tree. My main toon is an engie and I fly either my fleet dread or a Krenim ship. Are there some examples somewhere I can look at or does it really matter? Thanks

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

We have two threads about it (link) here and here.

Basically, unless you’re a really, really specialized career, you should go for a balanced build. You give up too much trying to get your career’s Ultimates – and so far only the Science ones look worth it.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.