Silly Newbie Question 109Z Mk27 Bravo J5: A T6 starship Question

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Silly Newbie Question 109Z Mk27 Bravo J5: A T6 starship Question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Simple question: If I find a T6 Ship on the auction house and it is a Federation Ship, but only my KDF Commander has the EC for it can he buy it and send it to my Federation Commander?

And no I do not have any account bank slots yet.

Thank,

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I’m not going to answer your question definitively because I’ve been away too long and don’t want to steer you wrong.  I don’t even remember how to make my little captains walk right at the moment 😀 !  Don’t act on anything I suggest until someone who has been playing more recently confirms!!!!  I’m pretty sure you can still mail an item (like a boxed ship) from one captain to another.  The account bank is one of the best investments in game you can have if you run a lot of alts.  If I remember right people used to get a sub for a month just to unlock a small number of slots in the account bank that came as part of the perks.  I I have a lot of captains so I use the account to funnel gear, communal supplies, anything that isn’t nailed down to a single character.  If you buy anything in game this is one of the best if you play the alt game.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Copy, and thanks for the help horrid. The Account Bank Slots are on my list of things to get.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Horrid may be horrid, but he is correct – all boxed items on the exchange can be moved/mailed to your alts.

Incidentally if you need help moving ec to/from alts w/o account bank we can help you with that.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

you can mail items to yourself via the in game mail, I have sent boffs, doffs, mats etc via mail but have never tried with a ship, I would assume it would work as I assume its a lobi ship that you are after and they can be bought by any one,as long as it not opened its not bound so should be able to mail but I don’t know for sure.

Other way would be for another fleet member with account bank to do transfer, ie, you on kdf side give my kdf the ec then I give you the ec from my fed toon to your fed toon.

Maybe Akula,Marcase,Sargon etc could do it so you know your safe lol.

LOL I am too slow typing today as three other people answered before I finished

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Chanfron.
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Okay thanks everyone hopefully it is still there and has not been sold.

And cross your fingers for luck, I might be off Friday – Saturday – Sunday!

So depending on Honey-Do’s I actual might get in some game time with the best Darn Fleet in STO!

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by SgtKen60.

Dirk
    Fleet Member

I discovered recently that when you buy a ship from the shipyard vendor with one tune you can claim it for free with another tune.  I have been able to reclaim 2 ships with my alt that were purchased with my main.  They are both fed tunes.

Hope this helps.

aka @thraxin#7901

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Okay thanks @Dirk, I only got one Federation Toon; a Romulan-Alien/Engineer, my other two are KDF and Engineers. I am going to try to stick to just Three for a while.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

All c-store ships (bought with zen) and summer/winter/special event ships can be claimed and reclaimed by your respective fed/KDF toons, including future ones. So when you plan to play for a while c-store ships (including those from ship packs) are a solid investment.
    Ships that can NOT be reclaimed are lock box ships, R&D box ships and fleet ships (you have to buy a fleet ship module for that one).

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Copy that Marcase. And thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.