= Removed from fleet + New Rogues =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Federation News Network = Removed from fleet + New Rogues =

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Thanks Sarg, always a chore. *thumbs*

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

over the next few months many members will be inactive for over 12 months unless something like the summer event lures them back in.

i have started recruiting again to try to fill the ranks.

Admiral_AH1
    Fleet Member

Just a thought on the current inactive kick policies:

New players to the game are probably much more likely to stop playing than grizzled vets. But grizzled vets also tend to be older or aging simply due to the time commitment to get that far. It may be a good idea to reevaluate how we are kicking inactives. Does it make sense to remove someone at commander level who has been active for four years and then inactive for one in favor of someone who might be active for less than a year and never come back? We’d need to wait a whole year to find out they stopped playing, which might be more time than they’ve played the game period.

I would propose a sliding scale of inactivity. Commanders given 18 months or more, lt. cmdrs. given 12 months, lts. given 9 months, and ensigns given 6. That way, we weed out people who have lost interest quickly, while leaving veterans more time to return.

Also, do you send out mail to the people you are removing so they realize they can come back with a simple message to one of your guys, or do they log on and find themselves fleetless?

Not trying to stir the pot, just wanted to throw in my two cents as a long time active member with occasional spurts of inactivity.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

And your input is always appreciated AH1, keep it coming 😀

We considered a ‘sliding scale’ but we deemed it too much of a hassle to keep track of the various ‘monthly afk blocks’; we decided to cap it at 1 year afk for everyone, and yes we do send out a short pm with an inactivity message that includes a re-invite to the fleet if returning to the game, and we have some that returned after a +12 months ‘hiatus’, with full fleet rank/title restored.

With the new Delta Fleet we have ample room for new members, and it also took some of the strain off the full roster of the 44th to allow returning and new ‘veterans’ to (re)join and stay in the 44th main.

Previously we had a 4 week trial period for LT promotion and optional move to 44th main (now reduced to just 2 weeks), and that period was usually enough for new players to discover if STO in general and the 44th in particular was to their liking; we had people leave during that period due to the timezone difference, teamspeak inactivity or other (game) interests.

Now that period is halved and access to fleet elite gear simplified (no 50K fleet credit requirement) so we hope to keep more players interested and active with the 44th as a whole. But generally speaking 2 months is the benchmark where players either stick around or leave the game entirely; and that coincidentally happens to be the time a Commander promotion came around.

There are always peaks and dips; right now we’re in a ‘dip’ because summer (both the Summer Event and vacations) and I’ll expect a peak again next month (Featured episodes) with many STO veterans coming back taking a look. That means Command Staff will reinvite and promote returning players and update their overall status.

If you’re a Captain in the fleet you can see, but not edit, these comments in the Fleet Roster – check the Officer Comment tab to see afk dates or other comments.
    ‘Active’, means just that, an active player who will only be checked for inactivity once a month or so. Most other comments are things like join date and ‘promo(tion) to LT/CDR/CPT date’.

The ones that Command Staff takes another look at have ‘check activity’ because those players are afk for a month or more. No kicking yet, just taking a look. Once the counter runs 4 months or more we may reduce rank -just another note the player is afk- with a possible kick after 1 year. If they return we take a look at their application form (which is why we demand one when enlisting!) and last on-line date, either 44th forum or game, so we can reinstate the proper rank.

I’m the first to say that this isn’t a perfect system, we (read: usually me) sometimes forget/skip a promotion or accidentally kick active players (quickly followed by a reinvite within 10 seconds) due to the many-many alts listed and the general grumpiness of STO’s admin tools. But overall it works pretty well.

Any suggestions or comments on this or other things, don’t hesitate and let us know 😀

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Main Fed Fleet is currently at 484 members.

I took a look at the Lieutenants below that had not played in a year or more. Of course, all of the guys or gals are always welcome back.

@sumilidonnis
    @dergil2

@Kenweth

@u744

@VeilWolf

@Siddartha32

@Gunhound

@Stangexan1
    @siagrim701

@Aliamo

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

KDF fleet received some attention, there were more than few members offline for more than 1 year. Those that had active Fed characters weren’t touched. They will receive invite and their old rank back when they return to STO.

Following @handles are removed, with date of the last time they were online:

@ blazingligress (2015-01-29)
    @ Colson (2015-04-26)
    @ DemosSema (2015-05-05)
    @ demuder (2015-01-05)
    @ frank666 (2015-05-30)
    @ quadraticone (2015-07-27)
    @ shownster (2015-02-24)
    @ StormGryffen (2015-01-03)
    @ sugarfoxtrot (2015-05-27)
    @ VeilWolf (2015-07-04)

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Yeah I cheated a bit with KDF, keeping afk-ers on just to beef up the Armada number – but it really has no influence in the end. Unlike our Fed fleets, KDF has plenty of room. I figure when we switch to the new website we’ll do a total clean-up, start our memberlist from scratch, so to speak.

Thanks Damix, appreciate it. 😎

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.