R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

After hearing news that the real mister Spock, Leonard Nimoy, passed away today, STO devs Geko and Laughing Trendy announced an impromptu service on Vulcan. Within minutes the news spread via twitter and facebook and over 20 maps quickly filled with players. I joined with some 12th Fleet allies and later on our 44th fleeties Sabreoneone, WingNAPrayer and others, on Vulcan to take a moment to remember the real mister Spock. Our instance was a respectful gathering, (contrary to a few others which were not) and I thank everyone for attending – we were well represented.

12th fleet to the left.

Marcase, Sabre and Horridperson.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Stone Gold
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Well, from hearing this news a few hours ago, I was overwhelmed to post something on facebook for rememberance of Spock. So I am posting here also.

***Posted to Facebook on my personal page***
    “This saddens me to hear this news. So with the best Vulcan custom I can muster and remember… I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr. Spock. May your death bring you the peace you never found in life. May your Katra live on and we all remember. Concerning your family and friends, “I grieve with thee.”

With this being said, I am sorry I missed the gathering at Vulcan. Wish I would have known so I could have been there. I found out about 4pm EST, USA. So I propose this; in rememberance of the Great Spock, I would like to get as many Fleet members together at the Fleet Starbase so we can do a Special Memorial picture of all that join doing a Vulcan Hand Salute, or something of the sort. I was thinking tomorrow, this Sunday, or even Monday at a proposed agreed time so that as many that can make it can join. Please let me know what would be best.

Marcase/Sargon, I would like your blessing on this and you will be given a copy of the picture to post where ever you please, like the STO Forum, to show our support for the Family and loved ones.

One more thing and I think this is very appropriate: visit this link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQUePN5y40

fatman592
    Fleet Member

I spent some time on Vulcan earlier, would have liked to have been there with the fleet though. Sad to see some people coming out to troll, it never fails…

This was nice to see: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22552801&postcount=230

My girlfriend and I are going to watch The Wrath of Khan tonight in remembrance. I’ll probably cry like a baby with the added significance of the death and funeral scenes.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Sorry I missed the fleet gathering. I, too, went to Vulcan on my own earlier, before going out with some friends. I asked the bartender for Romulan ale. He understood my request, but regretfully told me he had none to offer.

I think it’s telling that I’m seeing Facebook posts, tweets, likes and retweets from across the entire spectrum of my friends, acquaintances, followers, and followees. Regardless of politics, no matter how different or similar the groups may be. He seems to have touched something in them all.

Repeating what I said on Facebook:

There isn’t a lot of optimistic sci-if these days. If Trek were distilled to a single idea, I think it would be that humanity can be, must be, better. The show was never perfect at communicating that idea, but it tried, and I think it owed a good deal of the success it had to Nimoy. He seemed to understand it.

mrbruce1970
    Fleet Member

Kiazi’s children, their faces wet

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Stone, sounds good.

From the Devs – ” To that end, the Star Trek Online team will implement a standing in-game memorial to Spock and Leonard Nimoy this Thursday March 5th with our regular weekly maintenance. “

So if a gathering on our SB doesn’t work maybe we can assemble there.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Count me in, we can visit the memorial on 5th March together. I guess it will be somewhere on Vulcan. Is there any tv documentary about his life? I’ll search a little.

Stone Gold
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

**Marcase**

I think gathering at the memorial (on Vulcan??) would be a better idea. I found out about that after I posted my post about doing it on the Fleet Starbase. So, we could all gather at the memorial either Thursday after the patch or Friday sometime. Let’s get a consensus of what would be a good time for everyone interested so we can get the best turn out possible.

**Damix**

This is supposedly the official obituary for Leonard Nimoy.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-leonard-nimoy-20150227-story.html#page=1

Not sure about a documentary, although the tv has been doing all kinds of stuff, news wise, on him. I am sure one is going to come about. I did find this blog that was interesting and here is the google search I did and found alot of things.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/27/leonard-nimoy-life-remembered
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=Leonard+Nimoy+documentary&tbm=nws

I will let you know if I find anything else.

Stone Gold
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Damix,
    Here is a new link to some things concerning Leonard Nimoy. It is from Entertainment Online. It is a good read. I didn’t know he did a video on the Bruno Mars song. It is very funny.
    http://www.etonline.com/news/160432_13_reasons_leonard_nimoy_was_even_more_amazing_than_you_knew/

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Thank you for the links, Stone : )

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I would like to take part visiting the memorial with the fleet. I’d like to have a look and work nights this week so I’ll be out and about when the server comes back online. I’ll try to touch base then and see if anyone would be able to visit then as well.

In the second photo the impeccably dressed vulcan captain on the far right is not WingNAPrayer that’s T’Shroy. She is a horridperson 😛

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Corrected 😉

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Spock’s monument on Vulcan.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.