New website ribbon

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Engineering New website ribbon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

This seemed like the best place to post.  I was talking in fleet the other day and learned that 15,000 accolade points is kind of a milestone and it got me thinking, well, wouldn’t that make a great ribbon?  I propose / suggest a website ribbon for completing accolades in brackets of 5000.   So, 5k, 10k, 15k and on.  Those who apply must submit screen shots.   Thoughts?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Sure, sounds good to me 🙂

Ribbons are fairly easy to design and display, so that would work. We can design one with stars or laurels that will denote batches of 5K or something.

Actually thinking about this, we could use the current “Active for x years” ribbon (your second one after the 44th ribbon) for it, as the current one has been overtaken by the blue-XII one. So your 4-star would denote 4x 5K = +20K accolade points.

Obviously we could also create a new one. 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Just putzing around, a new ribbon could look something like this:

5K  5,000 accolade points

10K  10,000 accolade points

15K  15,000 accolade points

20K +20,000 accolade points

Green chosen because we already have a lot of red/green/blue/yellow combo ribbons.

Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

I like it!

TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

Great idea, sign me up for 1 star please 😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Heh, very well. I’m going to modify the green ribbons above a bit because those are ‘borrowed’ from another fleet’s website ;), plus the white starfleet symbols are harder to see when those ribbons are resized. When finished I’ll make a new post so those interested can submit their pics in one place.

Unless of course any of you artists out there can come up with an even prettier design ! 😀

Drake
    Fleet Member

Sounds like a neat idea, can’t wait to see it!

aka @silvershadow#5602

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Just as an FYI, I’ll be posting my usual monthly fleet review later this week and I’ll make this ‘official’, hope to have a proper ribbon ready by then.

Again, if anyone has a nice design ready for this (or is willing to create one), let me know.

Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

I have an idea.  Will try and get a mockup posted shortly.

Edit:  Idea attached.  I am by no means proficient with graphics so if people like the idea and somebody can class it up a bit, by all means.

The goal was to do a green ribbon with Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum frames.  This is kind of a take on the original Trek uniform design.  Then, in the middle would be the clusters that Marcase used in his examples.  I didn’t have the original graphics, so I couldn’t add them here.

If ya’ll think it sucks, that’s fine too.  Just pitching it out there!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

I can use that, and ‘class it up’ a bit. Think the borders need to be a bit thicker for a better visual effect. Always prefer something more akin traditional Star Trek designs. Will play with it some and post a new design before the weekend.

Appreciated Novellus, thanks 😉

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Well I played around with the ribbon a bit, but I’m not quite happy with the end-result. I’ll edit them for more ‘flash’ and ‘pop’ next week when I have some more time; the star didn’t work out as expected, too fuzzy. In the meantime, as a test, I awarded you guys a version just to see how they look in your ribbon collection.

5,000 Accolade Points

10,000 Accolade Points

15,000 Accolade Points

20,000 Accolade Points

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

The green and yellow stars above didn’t work out, at all. Instead I threw it out and started over with a gold one since earning those accolades is more of an achievement, not some automatic award.

Novellus, I still like your green ribbon/colored borders design so I’m keeping it for future use.

So the Accolade ribbon is a golden one with a black stripe, so it’s visually different from the number/Roman numeral ones.

5,000 Accolade Points

10,000 Accolade Points

15,000 Accolade Points

20,000 Accolade Points

Tell me what you guys think.

P.S., for those interested, on top of this page under the Forums tab is a Forum Ribbons option which lists all ribbons currently in use (wip, some need to be resized/cleaned up).

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Those are beautiful, well done!

Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

I’m with Huckabee.  Those look really cool.   I’ve got my screenshot ready to go  when they are official!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Thanks 🙂 I’ll start the official thread after the patch tomorrow, just so I can use the in-game news-flash (now used for the phoenix announcement). Guess I can start another Search for Soolin as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.