New hobby, ever expanding.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck New hobby, ever expanding.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

So my days of building models are over, I just don’t have the time for it anymore and truth be told I lost the finesse I used to have. Plus my airbrush and peripherals disappeared in some black hole, never to be found again.

Bit I’m still a sucker for models and miniatures and that pointed me to Eaglemoss. They have most of the Star Trek models including the Star Trek Online ones, which are pretty unique. Instead of spending money for zen and/or keys I decided to invest in some of my favourite online ships, so I have a physical copy for the future.

These Eaglemoss models are fully build and painted metal/plastic ones and are generally in the 3/5 or 4/5 star quality range, their affordable price per model (20-35 euro’s/dollars) equal that of a plastic model kit. Of course Star Trek model kits are much more expensive due to their rarity.

I’m thinking of adding a micro 44th logo in the future if it fits.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

I’m always on the lookout for bargains, and I found the best are usually on Zavvi.com (this is basically the old virgin store). They quite often have a 25-30% discount event running.

And no, these posts are not sponsored by either zavvi or eaglemoss (I wish!) 😄

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

lol, I got most of these from the original run from when they were released in the UK several years ago, I stopped collecting mostly due to the fact nearly every new release was some shitty one episode freighter from voyager that I had no interest in, not looked at eaglemoss’s website in a long time, good to see they got nice collection of STO ships.
    I not got any of the disco ships or any of the XL ones, do have most of the special edition ones, got two Borg cubes and two Vengeance’s one of each was free due to their cock ups.

I see they got a sweet looking Space 1999 Eagle up for preorder but want £60 for it.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Yeah I so want that Eagle, but it’s pricey… I have some Battlestar Galactica models as well. What I REALLY would like is Blakes7 Liberator! 😆

I may do a review of some Eaglemoss models for those interested getting some.

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I think most if not all Eaglemoss star trek ships are reviewed here plus others https://www.youtube.com/c/IrishTrekkie/videos

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Very cool stuff 😀!  I’m still a modeler.  It’s what I do even if I’ve been on hiatus for weeks; I blame STO 😛.  My niche is typically 28mm figures where I mostly deal in Napoleonics these days and the ships I most enjoy building are 1/700 and have sails.  I do like things Trek though so it didn’t take much pressure (none actually) to play around with starships too.  I have really tiny ENT ones for gaming and some desktop models of the TOS Connie and D7.  How do you lose an airbrush Marcase 😃?  Mine compressor is a beast that’s about the same size as my PC.  It’s pretty loud too so it can’t sneak off on me.  Even when I took long hobby breaks Goblyn used to enjoy getting air massages.  Dushka not so much.  The compressor makes too scary a racket for her 😛.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

How do I lost it? How every man loses all kinds of things; a force of nature called “wife” entered the arena. Things get packed up and moved and then never unpacked again 😃.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.