Need advice on spending on upgrades

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Need advice on spending on upgrades

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brimur
    Fleet Member

Hi guys, I recently upgraded my Gal-X to the T6 Gal-X. Its my nostalgic ship of choice and I love flying it. I have 200mil EC to spend and want to upgrade the weapons and possibly consoles on it as much as possible with the funds that I have. For example, do I spend a few million on crafting myself and end up spending loads on a chance or do I spend even more millions on just buying something epic VIII and then upgrade from there.

Also what am I aiming for in the phaser? Is [crtd]x4 better than [crtd]x3 [over] or should I be getting [dmg]x4 now?

I’m limiting myself to Phasers because of the lance on the Gal-X and moreover I have all my Tac consoles already which are Console – Tactical – Vulnerability Locator Mk XIV [+Pha] but up to now all my weapons have been standard Advanced Fleet Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2

So what would you do to get the best value for money. Below is a pic of my current setup that I want to maximize. As you can see, not much is upgraded other than the tac consoles. Thanks for any and all suggestions

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Crafting is always a throw of the dice, so the smart move is to buy the wpns with the modifiers on the exchange; at least that way you’re certain. It’s not necessarily cheaper though, and with crafting you can get lucky…

(Dmg) is the new Super-modifier, so (Dmg)x4 or (Dmg)x3 +(Pen) is what you should be aiming for.
    If you’re sticking with phasers, as an interim, you could take a look at the Elite Fleet Phasers which are (Dmg)x2 (CrtD) – sdmittedly *not* the best, but they won’t cost ec (dili and fleet credits instead) and they have that “2.5% Chance: +X Shield Regeneration on a successful attack.” Upgrading to XIV of course costs a bundle dili and FCs.

Your setup looks fine, nice consoles (Plas Leech FTW !). Instead of gear, you might want to spend that ec on some neat special Doffs and super traits instead. You’ll have to ask Blackout which are the best though 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

brimur
    Fleet Member

Thanks Marcase, so far so good , bought 8 mk ii [dmg]x3 for only 200K each ([dmg]x2 [pen] were 3 – 5 mil each 😯 ) and got 4 of them to [dmg]x4 using about 14 experimental tech (~250K x 28 for Salvaged Tech) so that was good. Can you expand a bit on the doffs and traits. I have two roms from the embassy but thats about it and havent really looked at traits. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.