= Multi-fleet gaming for Delta Rising =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = Multi-fleet gaming for Delta Rising =

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings Fleet,

So yesterday BetaNemesis and myself joined for a multi-fleet KASE, which is nothing dramatic in itself, but it was more of a test-run for future multi-fleet gaming. As some of you know, Jupiter Force has allied itself with the 44th and, so far, 12 other fleets. And these aren’t the shabbiest either, yesterday we ran with Nova Core for example.
    Jupiter Force has set up a joint “JF Inter Fleet” chat and a teamspeak channel for easy communication and recruiting.

The idea behind it all is that we can form our own Private Elite Channel from these dozen or so fleets. Delta Rising will require some dedicated teams to beat certain maps on Elite level, and/or need 20 players to complete the larger maps – similar like Fed Klingon Scout Force needing a certain minimum amount to activate.

The current Public Elite Channel still has some good players, but over time it has gotten a bit too publiic and most players if not joined are aware of it, but may not be up to ‘elite’ status (which in itself is a wobbly status indication of course).

So the 44th is going to create a detachment for future joint multi-fleet games. Ideally we’re looking for a minimum of 4-5 players who are willing to join elite Delta Rising PVE maps when called upon. We still have to actually play and learn DR maps and missions, and that we’ll do in our own fleet. This 44th detachment will be a serious group and we’ll be gunning for getting all the ‘super elite OMG difficult‘ bonus goals which Cryptic calls ‘near impossible’ to finish.
    Last week in a GandTshow interview, Al ‘Geko’ Riviera himself said that if this ‘endgame’ was too easy, they would just make it harder. We’re talking T-5U+ level apparently.

The reason for this growing difficulty curve is that completing these new Elite missions will reward some serious bounty – some unique crafting items for one. As some of you may already have heard, item drops will disappear from most (all?) queued events, so vendor loot (read: your ec income) will drop dramatically. What the elite bonus rewards exactly will be is unknown yet (Tribble gives out vanilla rewards) but they are ‘very worth it‘, according to Geko.

Of course we all want to finish elite and we’ll try it with our own fleet, but again, for some maps you need more than 5 players, and face it, due to time-differences and Real Life we have trouble filling 20-player queues on a regular basis ourself.

So if you’re interested in going for gold in Delta Rising, consider signing up for this ‘Delta Detachment’. There is no real sign-up procedure, but be ready to invest time and resources. So far, we’ll focus on Fed side first and games will run in the weekend during US and Euro friendly time slots.
    Jupiter Force is leading in this all so I can’t give you times and places just yet.

Sign up to the ‘JF Inter Fleet‘ channel in-game and hook up your teamspeak – the JF ts adress will change occasionally and be given via the JF channel beforehand. Alternatively we can use our own teamspeak server of course.
    If you don’t want to or can’t talk on teamspeak, run it anyway so you can listen in. Just hearing instructions/directions will be paramount to time simultaneous actions/triggers in the game.

All this is subject to change, but what I’m hearing from those guys over there is that the MMO part of STO will get a ‘tremendous’ boost, and elite difficulty will really be a true challenge and we’d better get ready for it.

LLAP

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Han (Reb)
    Fleet Member

Nice one Marcase. Sounds fun and a good way to get the required numbers for those larger elites.

Delta Rising should offer some interesting new content and shake things up a fair bit. I for one always enjoy the most challenging aspects of play and striving to do better, I dislike content that becomes too easy (like wtf happened to CCE and I am sure a number of the Borg stfs got easier?).

I am already signed into the JF channel but it has been very quiet for me so far.

A couple of points that you probably already have in mind;

I would hope this remains as inclusive as possible, after all this fleet has always been helpful in getting players up the skill curve. I wouldn’t want an elite group to form if it becomes exclusive at the expense of others or too elitist in terms of gear requirements (there should be a sensible gear gateway not just “epic or gtfo”) or even going so far as to force people into specific skill sets for their BOFFs to get a place – by all means we should optimise our builds but don’t make it too much by rote, there should be some flexibility.

I would also hope that when making a more than 5 person group (i.e. 10-20 strong stf) we would always take 5 from our Fleet if available, only filling slots with those in an allied fleet if we couldn’t field a full 5 member team (assuming the minimum requirements can be met by the fleet member for joining).

If we can get enough people it would be good to have stuff running at other times than the weekend or at different times across the weekend (I know that I for one would struggle with say a Saturday evening).

Admiral T'Liis [USS Endeavour]
    @rebnai

fatman592
    Fleet Member

If the rewards are more than 960 dilithium, some marks and a Delta Rep version of a BNP, I’d consider playing new elite. Otherwise I don’t think it’ll be worth the trouble for me to bother (there’s a video of new HSE where an optimal team gets owned over add over).

Also I’m only silver, so I doubt I’ll be too reliable the first couple weeks until things calm down. Given those factors, I would probably jump in if needed.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Han, good points, and it goes without saying that A: our fleet comes first, and B: we will never exclude our own fleetmembers for whatever reason. If this new multi-fleet gaming will have a Be Gold Or Bust elitist attitude then we’re out, period (and as it happens I’ve said so in channel).
    Besides, the only elite we have has a Starfighter tag 😀

I believe that T-5U ships (that is, upgraded current (fleet) ships) will be the best bet and not necessarily the new T-6 Intel ships. No idea regarding ground though. So you are not obligated to have the DR pack, or be lifetime subscriber.

The 44th fleet is here for our own fleet members first, whatever play style. Whether you’re gold or free2play, if you just enjoy PVE, be a PVP maniac or just want to hang around and Kancho unsuspecting NPCs.

The goal is to get a 5-player 44th team so we can have our own team in these 20-player furballs. Also, these 5 players would learn and in turn advise the rest of our own fleet on how to accomplish elite bonus objectives, best tactics, which kit to use etc.
    A bit like we handled the Elite Borg STFs in the very beginnig – they used to be pretty hard with random drops and terrifyingly incompetent pugs. You know, the good old days 😀

I’m still very sceptical about these hyped *must achieve* elite bonus objectives, and if they’re really worth out time. But I’m willing to take a serious look at it.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

“Major Strasser’s been shot.” (Glances at Rick, holding the smoking gun, and he repeats–) “…Round up the usual suspects.”

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

Han, good points, and it goes without saying that A: our fleet comes first, and B: we will never exclude our own fleetmembers for whatever reason. If this new multi-fleet gaming will have a Be Gold Or Bust elitist attitude then we’re out, period (and as it happens I’ve said so in channel).
    Besides, the only elite we have has a Starfighter tag 😀

I believe that T-5U ships (that is, upgraded current (fleet) ships) will be the best bet and not necessarily the new T-6 Intel ships. No idea regarding ground though. So you are not obligated to have the DR pack, or be lifetime subscriber.

The 44th fleet is here for our own fleet members first, whatever play style. Whether you’re gold or free2play, if you just enjoy PVE, be a PVP maniac or just want to hang around and Kancho unsuspecting NPCs.

The goal is to get a 5-player 44th team so we can have our own team in these 20-player furballs. Also, these 5 players would learn and in turn advise the rest of our own fleet on how to accomplish elite bonus objectives, best tactics, which kit to use etc.
    A bit like we handled the Elite Borg STFs in the very beginnig – they used to be pretty hard with random drops and terrifyingly incompetent pugs. You know, the good old days 😀

I’m still very sceptical about these hyped *must achieve* elite bonus objectives, and if they’re really worth out time. But I’m willing to take a serious look at it.

Fine line there though, clearly we wouldn’t want to bring inexperienced players into these private queues. However, I’d hate to see a “gold gear only” rule either. I’m hoping new elite is like old elite, once you know the tactics a team can win with sub-par gear.

Oh, and I’m not elite lol. Can’t say I’ve ever broken past 18k DPS, nor have I ever gotten the NWS acolade. I know several in this fleet who have me beat in most of the metrics that matter in PvE.

At this point, I’m just not sure what will be the best thing for new elite. A more focused damage PvP-type build (CRF, BO, A2D, high defense) or just more FAW melting. I wouldn’t be opposed to flying the Guardian on my main if FAW will still be best.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

horridperson
    Fleet Member

It’s pretty cool to see a coalition of fleets forming. Someone involved should talk to the STO writers about making these seem remotely plausible 🙂 .

I am not elite so I can’t see myself involved in this particular endeavor. I’m actively working at improving my characters but none of them are truly competitive and prepared for this level of play out of the gate.

I really appreciate the stance you have taken regarding the spirit of the 44th and seeing this validates my belief that this is the best fleet and that I am fortunate to play with such a wonderful group of people.

It’s worth mentioning that should cooperation between fleets prove enjoyable this could open doors to more cross fleet activities that would work for other kinds of players.

Senseikrieger
    Commodore
    Team Player

Hi All,

I just want to say that I would love to involved with this endeavor. I will support the fleet and help out the best I can. This multi-fleet coalition could be a great thing for STO. It will add a new dimension to the game and will be really fun especially with a team speak server that we can use interfleet.

rich68
    Fleet Member

I’d like to try it at least if it’s going on when i’m on. I’ll be off the week of the 20th this month so will be playing DR and otherwise doing as much as i can within reason in the game. I have no real experience of doing STF’s though as most don’t like newbies in them…lol

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

If you’d like to run STFs and earn the accolades and a nifty free Borg bridge office, ask your fleet-mates – we’ll be happy to teach you and have a ball bashing Borgs to bits in the meantime. 😎

rich68
    Fleet Member

Will do! Just got an adapted tal’shiar battle cruiser a few days ago and playing around with that. Still a few weeks away from getting some of the higher end rep stuff as it will take that long to get the reputation high enough and to get enough marks. (and cybernetic implants which i have none of atm.) Most of my reputations are mid tier-3 so far.

elvis441
    Fleet Member

U.S.S. Executor Volunteers for this misson…

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Sounds like a great idea and I fully support it – I’d like to be in those teams. So there will be some new maps that will require 20 participants?

This alliance could bring some interesting events in the future.

Already joined the channel and I’ll set up my teamspeak.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Dug out my mic, set up 44th TS, and joined the JF Inter Fleet channel. Not sure if there’s anything else I need to do for this, if so let me know. Now to actually play the game.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Watch out rich! Marcase is trying to trick you! They say you’ll get a free borg boff but they want to leave you in a chamber to die 🙂 >

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.