Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Dragonmage
    Fleet Member

for the guys/girls/affliated romulans who have purchased/opened this ship, what are your thoughts.

So i’ve got her and went and got the elite tactical flyers, and…   bloody hell did the Argala Patrol in less time than it takes to boil an egg,those phaser arrays and the flyers just ripped through Hirogen hunters almost as if the shields weren’t there.

anyone else that like me might have found a new favourite

aka @bob#3296

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Drawing a blank here: are you talking about the Silik ?

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Dragonmage
    Fleet Member

Sorry, my bad, the new Constitution Class Miracle Worker from the discovery era.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Dragonmage.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

aka @bob#3296

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Ooh lucky you – Nice one ! Is that the Rom or Reman shield ?

I have the JJ-Universe Connie (aka T6 Kelvin Timeline Connie) which comes with build-in lensflare, and like all Connie’s – she doesn’t disappoint.

I’m still a bit confused why Cryptic decided to give it TWO hangarbays – untill now that was exclusive to (full) carriers. I guess that “rule” is out the airlock now.
    From what I’ve seen so far your Connie has a neat Boff layout allowing it to perform different roles fairly well. She’s still new enough that I have to read up on its trait and console, but I’m sure it can be a wicked beam spammer.

Again congrats !

Dragonmage
    Fleet Member

i’ll be honest never really used my beam attacks, due to as soon as selecting an enemy all the flyers you have launched. and thats alot with 2 hangar bays,  immediately attack your target.  might not be the most powerfull phasers on the flyers but its like getting hit with a thousand knives at once.

its not the best screenshot, i really need to learn how to do those properly, but it gives an indication of firepower, did the red alert in the alpha quadrant and only fired twice.  wouldn’t be surprised if cryptic make some changed to those flyers as they do seem a bit strong

and yeah its the reman vanity,  i do like the look of it.

Attachments:

aka @bob#3296

Dragonmage
    Fleet Member

had to zoom out a lot but heres an image of just how many flyers you can run just from hangers

Attachments:

aka @bob#3296

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Omg, that’s a lot of hangar pets! xD

From what I read, advanced phasers and disruptors are currently best beams in-game, dealing 20% more damage than crafted weapons. For comparison, weapons like sensor-linked phasers or spiral waves will deal +2/3% more damage over crafted “standard” weapons.

This is a clear evidence STO has become pay2win game. In case this is unintentional, it is not fair to nerf something that expensive without a zen compensation as players might have bought it to access advanced beams.

RatheMagius
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I got it last night and I came to the same conclusion: it’s a beast! Totally agree on Argala. I’ve done that patrol SOOOOOO many times and usually the Hirogen Hunter waves give me the toughest time of the 3 types of enemies you can get, but they were no worse than any of the other types with those pets.

I ran some ISAs to test the dps and was surprised I didn’t do better, but I think there’s still some tweaks to my build I can make to improve it. Yeah, I do think I found a new favorite for a beam/carrier ship for certain.

aka @rathemagius

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

The default screen cap key in STO is prntscrn – they’re stored in your cryptic/star trek online/live folder. You can modify that in the esc/options tab.
    This removes the hud graphics as the screen cap is directly taken from your gfx card. Plus it’s easier 😉

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

And yeah those phasers are among the best – I understand however that they’re capped at 60% max, regardless of how many beams you slot.

RatheMagius
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I just saw on reddit that apparently the new phasers are bugged as well. Activating FAW III will only actually give them the FAW I buff. FAW II works normally. FAW I gives them III though.

aka @rathemagius

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Congrats on the new ship! I was in a run with one and those pets look amazing. Looks like a great tank platform, and the extra DPS from the beams will help keep aggro.

I was surprised at it having two full hangar bays and a full set of 8 weapons also. It is almost identical to the Tzenkethi Tzen-tar which is only 5/2. My guess is they felt taking away the ability to use dual cannons and taking away the Lietenant Commander Command seat was enough to compensate. If they ever buff beams back to be competitive with cannons and torps, those beams would be seriously OP.

I have been saving for it but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Waiting to see what balance changes/bug fixes arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Dragonmage
    Fleet Member

thanks for the info Marcase, much appreciated.

I’m still trying to workout the best console setup for her at the moment, any thoughts anyone…

Something else to point out is the console layout its a 5 – Eng – 3 Sci – 3 tac.  but it also has a universal console slot as well allowing 12 consoles in total

aka @bob#3296

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Well hate to admit it, but Aux2bat may be best for this beast beauty.

For consoles, if the ship was mine, the usual suspects I guess;

Elite FLeet Intervention Protomatter Deflector
    Prevailing Innervated Impulse Engine
    an Elite Fleet plasma warp core
    Prevailing Innervated Resilient Shield Array [Cp/Rg]

Alternatively; the Desperate Defenses (aka “Sol set” from the episode Midnight)

Tac consoles 3+1 universal: 4x Vulnerability Locators
    Eng/Sci consoles, any (or better yet all!) of the following:
    Assimilated Module, Tachyokinetic, Bioneural, Timeline Stabilizer, Pt Defense Bombardment Warhead, Dynamic Power Redistributor Module

Dragonmage
    Fleet Member

thanks again Marcase, i’ve gone with the vulnerability locators (phaser) and got a 6k boost to dps (wowser) , althou i’m running the kobali deflector as you get both hull and shield boosts, and the borg subtranswarp.  and i’ve got the dynamic power/tachy/bioneural as well.

i know you’ll get a set powers for the prevailing stuff, but would that actually be a upgrade on what i have already

aka @bob#3296

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.