Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Anukis
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

That is going to kick even more butt as you shine the bits! Thanks for posting your build 🙂

Tiny thoughtlettes… while I pondered, weak and weary…

I think you can stick the delta/waveform devices in your inventory and still be able to slot them in a tray somewhere, leaving room for a couple of other useful things like batteries.

Three Damage Control Engineers will keep your weapons/shields ticking at peak efficiency.

I have no real experience as a carrier nut so it’s great to see your take on how to do it. Thanks again!

aka @Nubia

RatheMagius
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Glad I was able to finally post it! Yeah, might switch to 3 of the DCEs instead and see if it helps. I always liked the bit of extra healing from the one doff, but not sure I really need it. My hull doesn’t move much.

I’ll check out if I can do those devices from my inventory! That would be fantastic if I could!

And glad you got the reference. 😉 Almost all my ships have a similar theme to the names…

aka @rathemagius

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Wow, RatheMagius’s build has 46k dps from hangar pets. It makes sense to support hangar pets in various ways for this ship if they can be so generous, good to know. I’m really glad carrier-role can shine like this, different approach to dps is welcomed addition.

And I’m really thinking of going for the disco set, that Mycelial Lightning looks powerful, especially numbers from the Nubia’s build. On both dps reports it was on top of the dps table, but not the same map so I wonder if that has to do with number difference, or it is build related.

Edit: system designer Jette Leavens on Ten Forward Weekly, 26.06.2019:
    “They were tying to make adv beams good, but were not expecting THAT much of a difference. They’re considering both ways: nerfing adv beams and buffing the rest of the beams.”

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Damix. Reason: update on Adv.Beams
    RatheMagius
    Fleet Member

So as well as the build was performing, I decided to make a change just to see if I liked the way the abilities worked a bit better. I removed the AP Omegas (using 1 AP Beta instead), switched to FAW III, and switched a Kentari Eng for a Kentari Sci officer to get Photonic Officer II for cooldown reduction. This… worked amazingly well. Here’s the changes I made and the extremely nice 139.75k dps (with 59k of that from pets)!

aka @rathemagius

John
    Fleet Member

How much money/opens did it take you to get it?

I really want to get it but don’t know how much money I want to sink.

aka @flyguybc

RatheMagius
    Fleet Member

For myself, it took 45 boxes. I know others in the Fleet did around 70 and 103. So yeah, quite a bit.

aka @rathemagius

John
    Fleet Member

So how much is that?  in $ or E/C

aka @flyguybc

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Might be getting my figures wrong but assuming 50 R&D packs bought on sale for 800 Zen for 4 that’s 13 packs = 10,400 zen, don’t know zen price in dollars as I am in UK.

The packs are also available on the exchange from other players, they were around 16-17 million ec each last I checked  but may have changed, assuming 16.5 million ec each x 50 = 825 million ec.

That’s all with zero guarantee of getting the ship

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Chanfron.
    G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Reviewing various posts on different sites, the chance of getting a ship from an R&D pack is about 1.1%. Getting a ship with 45 packs is pretty lucky. It would be common to open 100 packs and not get one.

The best way to guarantee a ship is to buy infinity promotion R&D packs on sale (700 for 4), put them on the exchange for $16 million until you have enough to buy the ship with EC. 75 packs sold for $16m each would buy the ship for 1.2 billion ec. That would be about 13,000 zen per ship. A little less than $100 per ship if you buy 28000 zen during a zen sale for $200. If you don’t want to spend money you would need to grind out 5 million dilithium, convert to zen, buy packs to sell and get it that way.

Infinity promotion duty officer packs give slightly more ec per zen vs R&D packs when they go on sale. Buying keys for ec is a much more expensive way to convert zen to ec, but they are always available if you are in a hurry.

John
    Fleet Member

That’s weird that 4 pack was 1000 zen last night.  I wasted 15$ (had a few zen from before).  I’ve only got 122,000 dilithium and 15million EC.  Sounds like a little out of my reach sadly.  Wish they had just put it on the exchange at the cost of a normal ship.

aka @flyguybc

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Those numbers assume purchases are during sales. 1000 is the normal price for 4 boxes, but they always have at least a 20% sale, and last weekend they had a 30% off sale.

Cryptic runs a lot of sales, it pays to plan ahead and be patient.

John
    Fleet Member

So these boxes won’t go away?  I thought it said we have till July 11th or something.

aka @flyguybc

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Yes, R&D boxes are only available for a limited time (not sure the exact date). They are not gone forever though. Every couple of months they will have another “event”, and for at least part of the time there will be a discounted price.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Can anyone using advanced phaser/disruptor beams comment on their performance after the nerf? Are they worth upgrading, and how would you rate them compared to spiral wave disruptors and other beam arrays?

Shohom
    Fleet Member

I got them after the nerf, so can’t really say anything about changes in performance. However, I can say that they’re damn good and definitely worth upgrading, but with one caveat – do so only if you are going to be using multiple advanced beams – the new mechanic rewards stacking them up.

Also, anyone who has the Donnie or disco d7 can now buy the other energy type from the Dil store (phaser/disruptors)

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.